PDA

View Full Version : Sacked on 2nd Night of New Job :(

Ryan
07-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Well since I last posted about my new job here is what happened..... I posted it the night it happened on another site, so will just copy n paste here so the timing is a little out!

Went to my new job tonight, my second night there, only to be told I wasn't working! Called my boss, and asked what was going on? The owner of the pub found out I was a tranny and doesn't want me working there. Used the excuse it was for my own safety, which could be fair enough...but, when I introduced myself last night he didnt wanna know, he was so off with me anyway. I was told he was angry as soon as he saw me come into work too! He wouldn't talk to me or anything, and my sisters bf told him and his wife I was a transsexual a few mins before he called my boss to moan about me!

My boss said he would try and find me somewhere else to work, but still, I am so upset and hurt. I know the job is dangerous at times, and I wouldnt do it if I didnt think I couldn't handle myself. I mean I have heard of door staff who have been shot etc coz of their jobs, so it's not like I dont know what its about, I have done it three years on and off!

So angry now I dont know what to say. I think I will be going to CAB about the owner of the pub now!

Anyway since this happened, I have still not yet been offered anywhere else from the company I was with, they ignore my calls and I had a message to return my uniform or I would be charged....Anyway things are looking up yea.....NOT!

Still not found a job, got a load of letters to take with me to CXH to Barrett when I go the 23rd of this month, all refusing my job applications etc :( So he cant moan at me for not trying.....Though I still have little hope of getting my T eventually...If not I will self med, I know its wrong, but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has been messing me about for far too long and I am really tired now.

Being trans is only one bit of me, but at the mo, it's on my mind all the time, because of small minded people having ago, refusing me jobs, not believing who I am on the fone etc, and I really, really, have had enough now! It's all taking its toll, and I cant go on like this.

I will be telling Barret I just want my T asap, and to get on and get it all over and done with.....It's my life people are ****ing with and wasting, not theirs, and it aint fair at all......I have waited long enough...I want it over n done with so I can get on like any other guy can! Is this just too much to ask......?

Shelly Preston
07-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Its this kind of small mindedness that really annoys me :Angry3:

why cant he realise you would not have applied in thr begining

Toyah
07-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I am so sorry for you I hope you find somewhere real soon :hugs:

Sharon
07-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Awww, I'm so sorry this happened, Ryan. Life sucks sometimes, and small-minded people just make it worse.

I wish you all the best for finding a new job, and I hope that your new boss will be a little more sensitive, compassionate, and have a larger set of b***s than this one did. :happy:

Alice B
07-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Talk to the ACLU or whatever is the equal in your country. You might have a case and I'm sure youir old boss would not want the publicty.:mad:

Ryan
07-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks folks, and hi Alice hun, I would but.... I am contracted out being door staff, so my boss is not the owner of the pub if you get me, and it was my first night, so I doubt anyone would take itseriously anyway. Just venting here I guess as I was so happy I eventually got a job after sooooo long of trying, then I got naffed off on my 2nd night! Right now though hun I really do feel too tired to fight anymore......

ZenFrost
07-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Prejudice is horrible. I'm really sorry that happened. It makes me so angry to hear that people would do that. They're all just a bunch of jerks.

Lovely Rita
07-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Very sorry to hear how things went. It really stinks!

jsoto81
07-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this ryan. But if they did that why would you want to work there anyway. You'll get that dream job that won't care what you are but who you are.

But vent all you want, sometimes it just feels so much better.

bi_weird
07-07-2007, 11:50 PM
*hug* man that sucks. I'm sorry, dude. Hope you find a new job soon, with much cooler people.

Devon James
07-08-2007, 01:45 AM
There are so many a**holes in this world, people just keep getting hurt.
I'm sorry for you buddy and am wishing for better times for you!
Everybody deserves that, everybody who is willing anyway and who is accepting someone for who he/she is.
:hugs:

Felix
07-08-2007, 04:46 AM
Hi Ryan I really feel for you :hugs::hugs: It's stuff like this that stops people like us going further with what we feel is right for us. I can't stand this sort of thing it's so totally out of order and not called for. Hope you get things sorted soon Hun xx Felix :hugs:

Barb Valentine
07-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey Ryan that really sucks
The way I look at it
It shouldn't matter what you are
It's if you can do the job or not

Ryan
07-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks everyone.....I am at the moment trying to keep positive but with so many things going on in my life its getting me down. I am still on the search for jobs though......and will be until I eventually get one!

Felix
07-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Ryan I am glad to see you are doin ya best to remain positive even with all the stuff going on in ya life. I know sometimes it's hard to remain so but ya gotta and don't let the B******* get ya down!! Keep lookin for that job I'm sure the right one will come along for ya Hun xx Felix :hugs:

Kimberley
07-09-2007, 02:37 PM
In the interest of not letting go and probably getting banned....

Ryan, I truly am sorry to hear about this. I wish there was something I could do for you.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Ryan
07-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks again folks. I do have my back up plan of going back to college, got accepted on a motor vehicle course a while ago, but as I have just moved, I went for something else at another college. Just waiting for an interview date now. Hopefully it will keep me busy and time will fly by while I do the course too :)

Tammietoo
07-09-2007, 05:13 PM
That really sucks. Keep your chin up, hope things turn around soon for you. :hugs:

privateperks
07-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Dude, that really really sucks. But, on the other hand - as someone else pointed out, would you really want to work for such a small and evil minded dipshit? Of course not. Going back to school is an excellent plan and hopefully your next boss wont be such a clueless wonder.

noname
07-26-2007, 01:30 AM
That is terrible. Sorry to hear about that. When oh when will people ever grow up?

Beth-GDB
07-27-2007, 11:48 PM
I'd be very suprised if the UK doesn't have employment laws covering dismissal because of a person's gender or sexual orientation. I know here in Australia employers can face legal sanctions for that sort of thing.

Billie Renee
07-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Have you tried to go to a wrecker service? I've been working in that bussiness for the last 30 years and I have seen all kinds of people come and go. My job knows I am a crossdresser but as long as I keep it low keyed they are happy for me to be there.

SL
07-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I read your thread and got spiritually all exhausted all over again. I'm like "Ryan is having my life".

My best is with you. And .....if you ever just wanna talk/vent email me, yahoo, PM whatever.

PaulaJaneThomas
07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
I'd be very suprised if the UK doesn't have employment laws covering dismissal because of a person's gender or sexual orientation.

It does.

Raylene
07-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Sorry about your job Ryan. The world still has lots of narrow minded people in it and it also has some very mean people. What happened to you sounds about like what would happen were I live. Like a few posters said life is not fair sometimes, but this really go's beyound being unfair. This is just being mean. They live in this bubble were only their type are suppose to live.
Raylene

Scotty
07-30-2007, 11:07 PM
we have a F to M trans that we all suspected, heck when I first met her/him (I'll explain in a minute) I had ZERO IDEA whether he was a female or male. That's a good thing, walks like a guy, talks like a guy, looks like a guy...

Anyway heard through the grapevine he came out here a week or two ago.

Now people are saying things but it's not bad, one peson kidded me I should go out with him.....

But I talk to him all the time and have always treated him the way I prefer to be treated and thus we're cool.....and if he's here reading this and delivers - he knows who he is......

I guess the point is, and I KNOW this sucks, but I've seen it SO many times here with M to F - is that if you HAVE a job and have some seniority to some extent you may find it is still difficult but it's more difficult to fire someone with seniority etc - and it MIGHT require you waiting to break that news to them.......

OR don't tell anyone where you are applying.....

I hope that works out for you though!!