PDA

View Full Version : How Long Would you grow your hair if your could?

sarah378619
07-08-2007, 08:09 AM
When I was younger I grew my hair out for over 3 years. I got it to my bra strap. I would of iiked to have grown it to my waist. I miss it sooo much,but I don't think it would be very thick, even if I grew it out now.
Sarah

Daintre
07-08-2007, 08:12 AM
I would only grow my hair to a style of a bob, I find that long hair retains heat and I like to be cool if not cold. I am a perfect north pole dweller.

TracyH
07-08-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm the oddity here: I love keeping my head shaved. It looks good and feels good. I haven't had hair, other than a wig, for close to five years now

Karren H
07-08-2007, 08:40 AM
See that's where "The Best of Both Genders" comes in.... I can keep my hair short which is great for summer and hot weather and use any number of wigs to change my looks when ever I want to.... As in choosing one gender forever, being stuck with the same old hair day in and day out would really suck!! For me at least....

Karren

aka.laura
07-08-2007, 08:50 AM
I've got very curly hair, every hairdresser loves it! Problem is: I would love it too, if I could walk around enfemme everyday. The only way to wear it is eather short -male style, like you're-in-the-army-now- , or long: very fem style and wouldn't that be great. Alas: it's very short now....But it's far easier to wear a wig this way :D

Katie Moore
07-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I would like to have it both ways. Days when I'm in guy mode to look masculine and other times when I'm feeling fem then I could style it to that. :love:

Wishful

Patty
07-08-2007, 09:03 AM
I went for over two years not getting a hair cut. Had a real nice pony tail. But with the no hair on top now, the head is now shaved. The wig fits nice!

Stephenie S
07-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I don't know how long it's gonna get. So far it's not long enough. I think I am trying to make up in length what I am lacking in volume, because as I age, my hair gets thinner. My hairdresser says my hair has gotten thicker since I started HRT. I am also taking finasteride 1mg per day in an effort to reverse MPB.

Believe me, I will let everyone know if I think I have had any sucess with this plan. My hair is definately nicer looking now, but that may be just due to a really nice professional hairstyle.

Lovies,
Stephenie

SweetCaroline
07-08-2007, 10:46 AM
What do you mean if I could? Check it out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/Petrostone/Couch%20stuff%202/Painting3meme.jpg

I haven't cut my hair since I was nineteen (I'm 35). That and my boss knows I'm an artist on the side, so he's more understanding. Artists and musicians and such, it seems, can get away with having, life-long long hair.

Jealous?:tongueout

sophie1
07-08-2007, 10:51 AM
hey. upon till very recently i had really long hair. all the way down to the bottom of my back almost. i only had it cut main for my friends wedding where i was the best man i really miss it now and i want to grow it back. not to the same length though as that would take too long.

Sophie

CrossdressinGoth
07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Cool this topic was brought up. Ive recently decided to grow my hair out, I want it to be at least shoulder length, if not a little longer. The style I have for male dressing, it would work better having longer hair so I figure it would save me money from having to then buy a wig, :P

Julogden
07-08-2007, 11:32 AM
I'd grow mine very long, past shoulder length anyway, probably not much longer. I have very fine hair, never could get it longer than shoulder length, at best.

I'm cursed with the baby-fine hair from my mother's side of the family, all shorter people, dad's side, the tall side, all have thicker, longer hair, and that's the side I got my excessive height from.

I'd like to swich that around please, anyone I can talk to about that?

Carol

ColleenCD
07-08-2007, 11:46 AM
My hair is short, but could be as long as the wig I'm wearing. My hair is very thick and full. Hair stylist hated seeing me come in as a kid since my hair was thick and hard to cut even. Now I have to cut it every three weeks to keep from blooming like a flower.

To the point, I would have hair just below my shoulders and would love every inch of it.

Colleen

Sally24
07-08-2007, 12:11 PM
I would consider that if it was a little thicker on top. Grew it out a while back and then teased it up to see what it would look like. Still too thin! I also used to get anoid when it touched my ears. After all the wig wearing the last 3 years I think I'm past that all.

Would love to have it to my shoulders. Then occasionally do a pony tail or an updo.

Cristi
07-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I've worn my hair very long (halfway down my back) for over a decade now. Half of the reason is fashion... I love to be able to style it when dressing. The other half of the reason is, I guess, lazyness. The only maintenance it takes is when my wife cuts 2-3 inches off the back a few times per year :)

I REALLY don't miss being in 'guy short hair' mode which took a trip to the barber ever 2-3 weeks to keep things presentable.

When in drab, I always have it in a ponytail (sometimes braided), so it actually looks pretty conservative from the front. In this area, long hair and ponytails are pretty common, so nobody looks twice.

The only issue I have with my hair (besides the fact that it takes 2-3 hours to dry after washing!!) is that my forehead is getting higher and higher :( I need to come up with more and more creative ways to keep it covered while enfemme.

sandra-leigh
07-08-2007, 12:42 PM
I'd grow mine very long, past shoulder length anyway, probably not much longer. I have very fine hair, never could get it longer than shoulder length, at best.

I'm cursed with the baby-fine hair from my mother's side of the family,

My hair is even finer than my mother's; I may not be in "world record" territory, but surely in the "1 in 1000" class.

During my university days, I let my hair grow for... ummm, 18 months I think it was... and it was down a couple of inches below my shoulder. I've let it grow for about 9 months this time and it is down to about the nape of my neck.

SweetCaroline, if I'd let my hair grow for 16 years, it would be longer than that (but not nearly as full): I know because I've had it longer than that a few times. And that was before I Dressed. I don't have the "I'm an artist on the side" excuse, but as long as I keep my hair respectably neat, HR (Human Resources) would (if necessary) tell anyone they have no business telling me my hair is too long, unless it interfered with my work. (I don't have "public image" to worry about, as I don't work with the public.)

Once my hair gets a little past shoulder length, I start to have noticable problems with it falling out -- not thick enough to support the weight much beyond that. In the past (pre-Dressing) I would get it cut way back at that point.

These days (post-Dressing), getting my hair cut is usually triggered by my having trouble keeping my wig on, or by too much of my own hair showing under the wig.

The main style difference between pre-Dressing and now is that before when I got my hair cut I always had them clear it out from the front of my ears; now-a-days, I like the idea of being able to wear ear-rings in guy mode without people noticing (but in practice I usually don't remember to put them on!)

jennCD
07-08-2007, 12:45 PM
... so I've had mine just past shoulder length since about the 7th grade. I'll admit I have cut it occasionally over the years but each time I did, I always felt I'd lost a part of myself in doing so.
This year I decided to skip my summertime cut and have it grow out even longer so I'm hoping around mid-back will be a manageable length for me to then decide what to do with it...

Jehiiis
07-08-2007, 01:11 PM
I've had long hair for at least ten years now. When I was younger, I always wanted to have long hair, but long hair was "unaesthetic" regarding the life I lived. I finally decided to grow my hair however I felt like, not caring what other people think. Wish I could use the same philosophy and go out in public enfemme... lol The day WILL come!

KandisTX
07-08-2007, 01:15 PM
If you follow the link on my post of "What you look like in guy mode" or something like that, you will see how long my hair is. My hair is naturally curly and if I let it dry on its own I get those pinky sized spiral curls that all those women spend hundreds or thousands of dollars a year to get from a salon. My wife (GlitterGG) has forbidden me to cut my hair, and I have her as well, we both love long hair on our partners. Now, if I could just afford one of those expensive hair straighteners I'd be a happy gurl.

Kandis:love:

KatieZ
07-08-2007, 05:14 PM
If I could?!

I'm an old hippie and my hair has been long since I got out of the army in 1971.

Back then I let it grow till it was down to my waist, but these days it only goes to the middle of my back. I keep it tied back in a ponytail most of the time. It makes for a nice high ponytail coming up out of the crown of my head, and it hangs clear down to my shoulders then.

Can't even imagine having short hair.

Mariah
07-08-2007, 05:23 PM
When I was younger I had my hair down to my bum *^_^* cut it for a car (my father hated my long hair now he says he was wrong and I should of keeped it grr!) now growing it back out! (down to my shoulders almost in 2 months!)

hopes to you all
keris

gmss
07-08-2007, 05:32 PM
My hair was long as a kid, then when I hit my 30's, I finally gave into the fact that society (i.e. good job) required me to cut it short. It was ok, but I always missed the longer style.

Now I've reached a point where I'm saying WTF, and now plan to let it grow.

Ideally, and eventually, it will be an inch or two longer than shoulder length. I think by Christmas time, it will be perfect. I can hardly wait!

MsEva
07-08-2007, 06:17 PM
As a youngster, I had to get crewcuts...yuck!:(
When I was a teen in the seventies, my hair was pretty long, but my hair is soooo thick it was a mess. Now when my hair gets a tad too long, it must go..for sure. It is sort of like my shaved body hair. When it is gone it is wonderful, when I must grow it back for doctor's visits or whatever, the inbetween lengths are rather uncomfortable. I think that if I were to let it go a while till it was a bob length, I would again feel comfortable. A hair care woman I went to said that women would kill for the thickness of my hair...I think I would kill myself if I had to let it grow out.:o

Robertacd
07-08-2007, 08:27 PM
This long!:tongueout

http://home.comcast.net/~robertacd/rcehair-01.jpg

That was a few years ago. It's still long but really starting to thin out :cry: and barely reaches past my solder blades now.

But I am also thinner too. :happy:

Lawren
07-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Until it stops growing or I start to walk on it.

Kerry Owens
07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
.....and I'll have to start braiding it....

Sweet Jane
07-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I have had hair to my shoulders. I wouldn't want it much longer than that, but sometimes I think it would be nice to have really long hair again, but its just to impractical with my job.

marie354
07-08-2007, 09:12 PM
I had my hair down near my shoulder blades when I was in my teens, but cut it for work related reasons. (Electronic Techs. with short hair & nice suits made more money!)

Now, I'm growing it again, but it's slow at my age. It's just to my shoulders within about 8-9 months. I need a perm to keep it looking nice though.
:hugs:

Bobbie cd
07-08-2007, 10:56 PM
LOL, I haven't had my hair cut in almost a decade! :D

I had my hair in a ponytail down my back when I applied for a job with my current employer in 1979, and never looked back.

Andi
07-09-2007, 12:57 AM
How Long Would you grow your hair if your could?

When I was younger I grew my hair out for over 3 years. I got it to my bra strap. I would of iiked to have grown it to my waist. I miss it sooo much,but I don't think it would be very thick, even if I grew it out now.
Sarah

Sarah, the operative phrase here is "...if you could?" Boy do I wish I could, but alas it is what it is. I asked the hairdresser if she had something to keep my hair in and she gave me a baggie. ba-da-boom (rim shot) :D

OK, OK, I'll stop. My SO has gone through all hair lengths the 42 years we've been married. She (we) settled on a wash and run length, about two to three inches. It makes her happy, therefore I'm happy and it's a whole lot less work for her. I'd like that too and then have a few wigs for those times to be glamorous.

gwenrob43
07-09-2007, 01:01 AM
I would grow mine out to a medium length bob. Love the style. Saw a well dressed lady at Wally World this weekend with just the right style and length.

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-09-2007, 01:35 AM
I'll grow it until I randomly decide to cut it.
My hair is about as long as Bobbie cd up there. Last time it was cut was February 2004.

Maureen Henley
07-09-2007, 08:17 AM
I haven't cut my hair in over ten years, except for trimming split ends and evening it up. Unfortunately, it only goes a few inches below the bottom of my shoulder blades (not quite mid-back).

Charleen
07-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Been 7 years growing. It's kinda curly but pulled down it is about 3/4 of the way down the back. Love it!

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 09:56 AM
I've been growing mine out since March, and it's getting there... It's longer now, than it's been in my entire 38 years of life. I've always kept it in an "Officer's Cut," but it's now getting pretty shaggy. I love it. I drive around in my Jeep, now that it's hot, with the top and doors off, and run my fingers through it as I go down the road. It feels so thick and... luxurious... It's a very sensual thing, isn't it? Yeah, it's a PITA to take care of, but soooo worth it!! :thumbsup:

karynspanties
07-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I wish I could grow hair!!!!!!!

Bonnie D
07-09-2007, 11:08 AM
My hair was bra strap length when I was in my mid-20s. I had to cut it before meeting my SOs parents and never grew again. I would have it shoulder length if I could now.

Bonnie.

LeeAnn_cd
07-09-2007, 12:29 PM
When I was in my teens my hair was to the middle of my back I stopped cutting it when I was 12 my hair grew really fast. But if I could grow it now I would love to have it to the top of my butt and have it layered but with work and all that could not happen good thing for my wig its the way I would want my hair.

Lilith Moon
07-09-2007, 12:35 PM
I had waist length hair up to around 35 yo. Then I had it cut to shoulder length. Strangely, it has never grown since, even though I have never cut it again. Now, I have a prominent bald patch which doesn't go well with my long hair, but I just can't bring myself to get it cut. Doesn't seem to cause problems with people although I suspect that it did affect my career prospects although my ex-employer would never admit that.

Kimberley
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
At one time my hair was a few inches above my belt. Then I got a "respectable" job and had to cut it.:sad:

Now I am growing it out again much to the chagrin of my wife but I have pretty much made it clear that she doesnt have anything to say about it; it is my body afterall. (Save the protestations of being inconsiderate they dont work. It took me decades and years of therapy to figure out that my life is mine, not someone else's.)

I may cut it I may not. For now it is just about shoulder length.:happy:

Kimberley

Lilith Moon
07-09-2007, 12:53 PM
It took me decades and years of therapy to figure out that my life is mine, not someone else's.
Kimberley

That's the mindset I'm working towards. Not there yet, but I'm workin on it.

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 01:21 PM
At one time my hair was a few inches above my belt. Then I got a "respectable" job and had to cut it.:sad:

Now I am growing it out again much to the chagrin of my wife but I have pretty much made it clear that she doesnt have anything to say about it; it is my body afterall. (Save the protestations of being inconsiderate they dont work. It took me decades and years of therapy to figure out that my life is mine, not someone else's.)

I may cut it I may not. For now it is just about shoulder length.:happy:

Kimberley

How long did it take to grow from "short" to "shoulder length"?

Kimberley
07-09-2007, 01:36 PM
It has been about a year now but it DOES need a trim.

I have to attend a wedding in a few weeks so maybe a week before the wedding. I can and do blame this on my "artistic" personna and having come up through the 60's and 70's my hair was always long so it isnt that unusual for me.

Kimberley

chantelle
07-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Mine was long then i cut it :(
Now i have decided to grow it again, Yeah me. Maybe i am finally stopping the fight against my manlyness <<<Very little of it btw>

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Well, I play piano, guitar, trumpet, and sing, so having both ears pierced and having long hair... Meh.. It's just part of the "musician thing." :heehee:

Kimberley
07-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Well, I play piano, guitar, trumpet, and sing, so having both ears pierced and having long hair... Meh.. It's just part of the "musician thing." :heehee:

*laughing*
Exactly. For me it is Photography and music. One day I am going to ask her to help me find a wig like Mozart.... that oughta raise the roof!

Kimberley

BarbaraTalbot
07-09-2007, 02:33 PM
I HATED the feeling of when it got long at all. It had a lot of curl to it so it would do this flip thing I hated, because it further reinforced the comments I wold get about being girly. Funny the level of denial.

I was glad when my hairline started to recede because the awful flip at my temple was the first to go. Unfortunately it kept receding and now im too bald on top to call it hair, and too hairy to pull off the Jean-Luc Piccard look. (Dee loves his cranium) SO for about the last 3 years I shave it clean.

RobertaFermina
07-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for asking! :hugs:

I'd grow it out so I could do a Bob.
Not because my birth name is Bob, but because the short blond look is such a winner for me.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Wendy me
07-09-2007, 03:25 PM
mine is long but not long enough .... i went from short and respectable to 3/4 of the way down my back ...... no way i am going to get a single hair cut......... and i don't play in a band nor do i paint lol yes i do i stained the decks ....lol.... yes comments all the time but love my hair .... been years sense i last had a wig........

vivianann
07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I would like my hair down to my lower back.

Rachael
07-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Sure I would! used to have it long when young and only cut it when started to thin out. After wearing it shave for a couple of years I tried to grow it again at my wife's insistance. I lokked a mess, so I now visit her stylist to remedy this. Considerably more expensive than shaving, but we all have to make sacrifices don't we?:D

christina marie
07-10-2007, 04:50 AM
to my butt! and it is on its way!

Angie G
07-10-2007, 04:55 AM
It's about 5-6in.now that's about it :hugs:
Angie

BigHairGirl
07-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Long enough to do a cute updoo! If I could, I'd have it long enough to do the style to the left. Seriously! :doll:

KandisTX
07-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I have not actually had a hair cut in 10 years. I will go to the salon and get the split ends taken off, and the back of my neck shaved nice and neat. (Hey, I have to wear a suit to work and it looks so much better when the hair is neat back there). I keep it pulled back and braided during the week.

Though, since it is so curly it never actually looks as long as it actually is. When I let it dry on its own after showering, I get these pinky sized ringlet curls in it. GlitterGG loves my hair long, and I'm glad she does. I wore short (high and tight) hair for too many years in and out of the military.

Kandis:love:

Marcie Sexton
07-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Well I'm about to recall the days of yester year, when I was a dope smokin hippie with hair on my shoulders...that is until a certain gunnery sargent in SC figured out i'd look much better with a high & tight...< for those of us who have been in the miltary >well needless to say the short hair stuck and the corporate image my company perfers us to keep...so now when i want long hair i just dig out my wigs and enjoy the look...

Frankie-Dear
07-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Well I'm about to recall the days of yester year, when I was a dope smokin hippie with hair on my shoulders...that is until a certain gunnery sargent in SC figured out i'd look much better with a high & tight...< for those of us who have been in the miltary >well needless to say the short hair stuck and the corporate image my company perfers us to keep...so now when i want long hair i just dig out my wigs and enjoy the look...

This was my experience, too. My hair, now, is longer than it's been in my 38 years. :thumbsup: Six years of being in the Army, and for the next fifteen years, I kept my hair in an "Officer's Cut." Now it's shaggy... :tongueout :thumbsup:

terrinoble
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
It's as long as you see it in the avatar. I always had it cut quite short until over three years ago when I decided to let it grow. I'd like to get it trimmed a bit though, to cut the frizzy split ends...

PennieS
07-13-2007, 09:35 AM
I have been very fortunate to have a nice full head of hair and I have worn it long and styled and even permed most of my adult life. A few years back I had it 3/4 ways down my back. Wore in ponytails or braids for a long time. Then tried a few midlength womens styles down to a shortish layered girlish cut. Since then, I have been letting it grow out some, but keep visiting my stylist who is keeping it nicely shaped up and layered but letting it grow longer in the back. Now bottom is nicely layered down to just below my bra line and I would like to have it just a little longer yet. It does take sometime to dry or style now, but I have a lot of natural curl with it and the nice layered cut seems to be working well for me. I now dress in womens clothing 24/7 and my wife is now much better with it then when I started. She now likes the long layered cut and finds some time to help me keep it nice looking. The last time I had a guys haircut was 17 and I hated it and started growing it right back out soon after. If I could I would let it grow all the way down my back and keep it slightly layered and fully curly. But that length would be just so much work to keep it up. I receive compliments on my hair from women almost every week.

PennieS

Jenna Lynne
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I've decided to swear off haircuts for a while. Every time I sit down in the barber's chair, it feels like a personal defeat.

Yesterday it was windy, and I was enjoying having my slightly lengthening locks tossed around. Made me feel very nice.

I'll still need a wig, though. Plenty of hair on top, but my forehead is about two inches longer than it was when I was in my 20s!

***Jenna***

bgirl
07-13-2007, 12:50 PM
At one time my hair was a hands width from my waist. Its to bad I couldn't embrace my female side then. I had to get drunk and I didn,t respect myself in the morning.
I wouldn,t grow my hair that long now. Only because I don,t want to look like George Carlin. My head reflecks light in places! I have hair in may places that is longer than what is on my on my head.

Victoria Anne
07-13-2007, 01:24 PM
As a teen my hair was long,nearly to my bra strap but with the Marine Corps that went away and I kept it high and tight since then until recently,last year. Its shaved now and stays that way,I have lost just to much to let it grow but could I then to the bra strap again.

sparks
07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
A little mullet like right now. The bangs are come to my lips the back is at my shoulders.
This is the fourth time I've grown it. I've had the extresme mullet of the eighties. I've had gorgeous waist length hair but to curly to tell is was that long. I've done shoulder length bob. Which is what I intend to achieve again. I have to stick it under a hard hat.
But i also fall under the artist catagory.

Catherine_CD
07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
id love long hair, all the way to my waist. maybe will grow it out oneday :)

sarah378619
07-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I've read quite a few posts that they would grow their hair to their waist. I think I would have to agree with them. If I ever get the chance to grow it again, I would let it grow to my waist too.For those of you who are on their way, you go girl!, your so lucky.
Sarah

Kroma
07-13-2007, 02:30 PM
At one point in high school my hair was down to my earlobes, but it was getting wavey, and therefore on my nerves. So at graduation I buzzed it. Then I kept it short during my military service (didn't dare dress at that time mind you, so it wasn't a problem), and it has stayed short since my separation from service.

I have been considering growing it back out, but I'm not certain how to manage it.

Anyone one with long hair have any tips one how to keep it groomed while growing it out?

Teresa Amina
07-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Usually I get to where I am now and cut it. I call it the "Bozo Stage", that awkward point where it defies gravity and goes out sideways, especially under a hat :eek: This time I'm pushing through that part, waiting for the "getting long" comments with my prepared answer that Willie Nelson grew it long, why not me? :D Don't know how long I'll grow, be there when I get there.

JessicaDC
07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I had kind of a bob when I was younger...still wasn't long enough to be girly though. I guess I would grow it long enough to wear a pony tail.

PennieS
07-13-2007, 07:49 PM
This long!:tongueout

http://home.comcast.net/~robertacd/rcehair-01.jpg

That was a few years ago. It's still long but really starting to thin out :cry: and barely reaches past my solder blades now.

But I am also thinner too. :happy:

That was a nice picture of your hair when long, looked really nice. Oh to be young again and be able to grow it long and thick like I used to

PennieS

kymmieLorain
07-13-2007, 10:23 PM
I had shoulder length hair when I was teen. unfortunately my hair is grows so thick, and wavy. After the military I grew it long again but cut it for a job, have kept it relatively short ever since. I have been cutting my own hair lately but may see about growing it again, and keep it thinned by a pro.

Kymmie

Cynthia_0101
07-13-2007, 10:31 PM
I always keep mine to at least my shoulders. I hate having short hair.

Cynthia

Chiana
07-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Unfortunately, I am bald so I really can't grow my hair but if I could it would be one of my most desired fantasies come true. But I don't think I would go past shoulder length. I have always been partial to page boy and bob styles. Just like my avatar photo. I loved Dorothy Hamill's cut, also.

Tasha T
07-14-2007, 01:16 AM
I would grow my hair about half way down my back. That would be awesome!

Patricia Danielle
07-14-2007, 04:54 AM
Yes I agree. The longer the better. I'd be quite happy if mine hung clear to the floor! When I was living at home growing up, I had 11 sisters my hair was almost to my knees, then I got ate up with a sudden violant attack of the stupids and joined the canoe club and as Paul Harvey says and now you know the rest of the story. Moe job delux..Patricia..

mrde2006
07-14-2007, 05:17 AM
I don't know how long it's gonna get. So far it's not long enough. I think I am trying to make up in length what I am lacking in volume, because as I age, my hair gets thinner, plus the fact that after 20 years in the service I am doing as I damn well please. My wife hates it.

Kristen Kelly
07-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Tell you when it stops growing; at 50 I am the LUCKYIST girl to still have a full head of my own hair, I have it highlighted with Blonde and Auburn and is just at my shoulders, just getting past the soccer mom look, would love to have it about 3 inches past my shoulders. Takes a lot more work in the mornings to style it, but subconsciously must be proud of it for I used to sport a baseball cap out in drab all the time, or maybe I just don’t want to mess up my hair. :lol2:

Chelseaswpa
07-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I used to wear it down to my shoulders, of course then it was in style and I could get away with it, with no questions asked! It would still be there- but well you know genes suck! lol

melissa michaels
07-14-2007, 02:54 PM
'If i could' I would love to have it classic length with fairy tale ends

occdresser
07-14-2007, 03:32 PM
See that's where "The Best of Both Genders" comes in.... I can keep my hair short which is great for summer and hot weather and use any number of wigs to change my looks when ever I want to.... As in choosing one gender forever, being stuck with the same old hair day in and day out would really suck!! For me at least....

Karren

Oh girls, I totally agree with Karren on this one, I would hate to only have one option-oh yeah that is why I put on womens cloths.:drink::happy:

TxKimberly
07-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Sarah

I figure down to my butt would just about do it. Damn shame all the hair on the top of my head is gone so its not an option.

sarah378619
07-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Kimberly,
My hair is not gone but I know the feeling. I am glad I was able to grow my hair when I did.It may never get that long again,but We can still dream can't we?
Sarah

Laurie909
07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I figure down to my butt would just about do it. Damn shame all the hair on the top of my head is gone so its not an option.

Back in my younger days when I let my hair grow...it didn't grow down...just out! Think: Albert Einstein! That's why I hate my hair and always have.

rata
07-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I've been growing my hair out now for the past 3 months , i had a maintance trim the other day just to tidy up frindge and that , its just starting to overlap my ears, feels good when i flick my head and my hair flies from side to side.:D

jenniferj
07-28-2007, 09:34 PM
It's been slightly over 3 years since I cut my hair - it started out as laziness, progressed into political protest, and then I lost a very dear friend to cancer. After her second bout with chemo, she remarked that maybe I would loan her some of mine...

I'm trying to grow a sufficient crop to donate in her memory, but it doesn't seem to be getting any longer ( 2-3" past my shoulders ). I know that I should see a hairdresser and get the split ends trimmed, but each time I mention it to my sweet wife, she gets a little edgy. I've asked her to do it (she always cut my guy-hair), but again there is something less than enthusiasm.

Unfortunately, even though there is decent coverage ( raised hairline in front, you can see sunburn in the back) there seems to be half as much hair as I had as a youth. I'll probably have to grow two crops to get enough...

Even though it's thin, half gray, and flyway it feels so much nicer than a wig and it's always there. I love to feel it brush my back and bare shoulders when wearing something strippy and it is so much fun to clip it up and pull a few tendrils down.

jj

sky0629
07-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Mine is long now and i will continue to go it, atleast till it falls out and i hope that never happens

janet1234
07-28-2007, 09:54 PM
I wish I had some hair to grow.

Mary Morgan
07-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Ah youth I miss it so. I once had my hair down below my shoulder blades and wore it in a ponytai unti l was 50. Sadly it is now way too thin and fine for such a style.

annas_back
07-28-2007, 10:41 PM
I have had only a couple of hair cuts in about 20 years. I'm an old hippie I guess.I use wigs to dress up, because I'm going bald!!!!!i can't believe I said that!

Linda C
07-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Even though Lindsy Lohan is a bad girl - she has great head of hair - I would like to look like her... and have her money!!

TrickOChic
07-29-2007, 01:55 AM
I have not worn wigs since 1996. Since then, I've let my natural silky black hair grown as long as down to my waist four times! It gets as short as shoulder length but less than two years it is down to my waist again! Natural long straight hair is the crowning glory for the very sexy en femme diva look which matches my style and is much more passable than wearing wigs (just my opinion).

jenney
07-29-2007, 02:20 AM
i wish i had hair to grow its now falling out

sarah378619
07-29-2007, 02:25 PM
I would love to grow my hair to my waist or at least to my bra strap. I guess I came dream can't I.
Huggs,
sarah

Renee_B
07-29-2007, 02:39 PM
At least down to the middle of my back

Cathy38c
07-29-2007, 03:58 PM
If I could have my hair along as I could, I would have it styled in a very sexy Jessica Simpson style - Shoulder length, bouncy, blonde

Kimberly
07-29-2007, 06:18 PM
About the length it is now..... bottom of my shoulder-blades.

I am every middle-age crossdresser's living hair fantasy. :D

Bridget Fitzgerald
07-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Middle of shoulder blades now

Tara Jordan Campbell
07-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Mine is mid back........

profile pic is a ponytail.

judyk
07-30-2007, 08:57 AM
I did not cut my hair last fall and as a result it got really long over the winter.

There was a comment or two at the office and one women kept calling by what would have been a fem version of my name.
But after a week or so this became boring to her as I provide no response and she quit.

The only other comment I got was the 1st day I put my hair in a pony tail
and that was "Kind of Retro" .
My hair now almost touches my bra band, when out riding I just put it up in a simple ponytail, it keep it out my face.

While at home it's down and I brush it all the time, Long hair is a secret that women have hidden from the males of the world for a long time now....but I know the secret, it’s all most better than sex (what ever that is) .

I don’t think I will get to the Repunzel point with my hair but their will be no " short back and sides” for me any more, plus it keeps my keeps my neck warm in the winter.

Hugs

Judyk

P.S

It's black healthy and I'm 54 years young.
Film at 11:00