PDA

View Full Version : now im on meds

Agles
07-08-2007, 03:34 PM
well i know it has been along time sense i posted. but here some of whats going on.

as my last posts where asking about going diy (just ordering meds off line and taking them) well i have gone that rout. though i am also under the care of my family doctor. i know she probly isnt the best but i have spent the last year reading on this stuff. i have seen alot the bs and know what is true and not. so far i been on meds for alittle over a month. i started with 50mg spiro for 3 weeks then upped to 100mg after i seen things where going good. did that for a week then added 1mg estrofem. i been on that for a week now. things are going well still and im going to stick with that.

my doctor just wanted me to take an anti-depressened for how i been feeling. but i wanted to do this instead. i am feeling somewhat better about myself. but still am depressed. mainly do to all the other stuff stressing me out in life. work, lack of friends, feeling so alone all the time. things that ether med (hormones or anti-depresseneds) will not fix.

well other then that im doing ok, i guess. that is quite alot to be wrong to still be saying im ok.

='.'=
Ja

Sharon
07-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Tell your doctor what medications you are on so she can then take the appropriate blood tests to monitor you. Ethically, she won't be able to do anything but monitor you and make recommendations.

I commend you for not starting out full hog and taking an ill-advised dosage of Spiro, and it is my hopes that you do your best to refrain from doing so in the future. 100 mg is a typical daily amount to take -- just be patient and don't expect miracles to happen overnight.

Good luck!

Agles
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
yes she does know what im on. just it more me saying i want more or not. and as it sits im ok with what im on. i dont see any need to up anything yet. maybe 2mg of estrofem this fall. but that is all. been trying to eat good. lots of subway, chicken, and rices.

='.'=
Ja

loriannetucson
07-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh, Ja, all I know is that you're hurting so badly right now. I know exactly how you are feeling, in fact I still feel that way many days. I am married and have to fight this battle every day to stay married. I could have just ran off by now and led my own life, lost my wife, family, kids, and friends, but I'm desperately trying to keep as many people close, at least those I love. I know you need someone. There are many here who have gone through the same things, the same feelings. We are a great source for support. Please use those who reach out to you to help. We're here to help. We want to help. Hang in there... (p.s. I sent you a request to be added to your myspace.)

AS for the antidepressants, is is well documented that estrogen does have an anti-depressive effect. It is less known but factual that when on antidepressants (like I am on Zoloft currently), estrogen actually acts as a catalyst with zoloft and can enhance the antidepressive effect. It worked for me, especially when I was feeling like there was no way out of life except one. And it is true, pills will not fix your situation, they can only help you cope and deal with the way you handle them. All I can say is that it can and will get better in life. Accepting the woman you believe yourself to be is just the first step.

I won't be preachy, but I will say that I will be praying for you. God bless, sweetie, and take a big hug from this group!
Lori

Lisa Maren
07-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Hello Ja

I just started on hormones six days ago. I was already on anti-depressants (and still am). Nevertheless, I was feeling so depressed last night that I couldn't fall asleep until six am or so. It's probably a good thing I'm not working right now.

I have had some bleak thoughts, believe you me, including some that are starting to scare me a bit, things that might well qualify as suicidal ideation. Fortunately, that depression is much better this evening (although it's not gone, I don't feel like killing myself at least).

Anyway, I'm on 100mg of Spiro and 4mg of Estradiol per day, so it sounds like your dosages are about right.

Best of luck to you!

Hugs,
Lisa

AmberTG
07-20-2007, 12:44 AM
I've been on an anti-depressant for at least a year now, it really made a big difference for me in being able to handle all the things that were going on in my life. I do think I have more peace-of-mind now that I'm on HRT, it just feels right for me. It will take a couple of weeks for your brain to adjust to the change in your blood chemistry. Depression is a fairly common side effect of starting a testosterone blocker, but your brain will adjust to it.