PDA

View Full Version : Name Dilemma.

hayden von beethoven
07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
So, a new secret about hayden von beethoven is about to be spoke aloud.

hayden von beethoven is an aspiring writer. :o -gasp! no surely not!- tis true.

And such is the dilemma that I have at hand... I'm being interviewed.. via internet for some e-mag on "internet story tellers" I was discovered on the internet. On an art site -blush-

The letter states:

Dear 'Sophisticrat', [Side note: "Sophisticrat" is my handle on said site.]
Hello! My name is Lydia Krys, and I'm from an internet publication called "The Write Way"! The people at TWW have taken note of your work on DeviantART.com and would like the take a few minutes out of your time to do an online interview about your piece; "The Number Three".
We would like to include your piece and interview in our article about internet authors called "internet Story Tellers". Your particular type of murder-mystery writing caught he eye of our cheif internet scout and he would like the chance to sit with you at your convenience to go over a few questions about your writing history and your piece "The Number Three"!
If you would be interested and wouldn't mind taking fifteen minutes to chat with our people we would love to include you in our up-comming issue of "The Write Way"!

Please contact me at;
[I took out her contact info.. Cause it's not needed. :heehee:.]

SO! my problem is, what name do I give the people? My name isn't connected to any of my writing because I don't know what to call myself! Gah!

And Hayden Von Beethoven wouldn't do. Lol.

Do I use Hayden? Do I use initials? What do I do!? Help :(

Dasein9
07-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm rather taken by "Sophisticrat," myself. Sure, it's an internet handle. Sure, people will know it's a nom de plume. So what? I think it's a very good nom de plume.

Just be careful they don't shorten it to Sophie. ;)

hayden von beethoven
07-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Hahahahahahaha Sophie. Nooooooo!

Dasein9
07-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Well, sophia does mean "wisdom" in Greek, so it's not a terrible name.

Sophos, maybe...? Sophos T. Crat?

hayden von beethoven
07-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Haha yes.

Devon James
07-09-2007, 03:09 AM
If you want to step of your internet-handle I'd go with just Hayden, I like the name :)

Kieron Andrew
07-09-2007, 04:33 AM
If you want to step of your internet-handle I'd go with just Hayden, I like the name :)
Hayden gets my vote too

CaptLex
07-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Very cool about the interview, Hayden, congrats! And I like Hayden too - it sounds sophisticratic (is that a word?), unique and ambiguous enough that it won't link you to any particular gender, if that's what you want. :thumbsup:

Emily Ann Brown
07-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I sorta like the name H. B. Sophisticrat ....H. B. is genderless yet is you Hayden. If asked what the H. B. stands for you can reply Hayden and stay mysteriously quiet about the B...... and Sophisticrat ties into your on site handle, your work is "sophisticratIC" being yours.

Maybe I should lay off the rum huh?????

Emily Ann

Dasein9
07-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Give the lady more rum! It gives her good ideas. :D

Felix
07-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I like Hayden very much :thumbsup::thumbsup: Well done Hun on getting the call up xx Felix :hugs::hugs:

hayden von beethoven
07-10-2007, 10:37 AM
H. B. Sophisticrat........ I like it...:D That will do and if I get funny eye brow arches from the readers then... :rolleyes: they can deal cause... yeah =]

I'll post a link to the interview when it goes up!

I'm pretty excited now.

I just got another e-mail from some guy on DA pushing me to finish my newest novel "The Edges of Elliot" so he can pass it on to his editor/publisher. :heehee:

This is going to give me a big head.

Rum and hugs all around! :drink: :hugs:

Emily Ann Brown
07-10-2007, 10:40 AM
WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily Ann

Felix
07-15-2007, 12:29 PM
It's great news for ya Hun well done :thumbsup::thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs: