PDA

View Full Version : Busted at work....

BethCD
07-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi all, I'm sure that this has been covered before, but here's another one :D
A couple days ago I dressed to the max, and at bedtime decided that I would just get up earlier and shower in the morning and remove all my makeup. I thought that I had....even used baby oil on my mascara.
Ran into my boss (female) in the hall, and she said for all to hear..." Are you wearing makeup?" :Angry3::Angry3::mad:
I respond with " I got a lot of sun yesterday...
She says " No, you have makeup by your eye." ( There was a bit of a smudge under my eyelash of mascara...)
I made up some crap about moving the BBQ grill and must have gotten some grease on my hand and rubbed my eye, yada, yada...

Truly none of her business...I should have replied...Looking a little plump today...have a few extra corn dogs yesterday.
OK, that's my rant....why can't people mind their own business?????:mad:

Beth :D

gmss
07-08-2007, 05:41 PM
It's tough to reply with a smak like the corndog remark, especially since she's your boss, so you probably had no choice but to be defensive...

You may not ever know if anyone who heard it will make anything out of it, but the next few days may be interesting.

You're right - people should mind their own business - even your supervisors. If they have any concerns about makup, then they should call you into their office and talk to you about it in private.

Of course not all bosses are so politically correct.

Hopefully it will just blow over and not become the office gossip. That would suck, because we all know how gossip can get out of control.

Good luck....

Julogden
07-08-2007, 10:12 PM
If it was me, I wouldn't worry about it. Your explanation is plausible, maybe unlikely, but it could happen. I doubt that you'll hear anything more about it.

I once was at a night club in Chicago dressed to the nines for a Halloween party when a bunch of folks that work on the night crew at the same place I worked came in (I worked days, but was acquainted with many of the night shift people). Living in the city, I never really worried about running into people from work, as I worked FAR out in the 'burbs, but there they were, big as life.

They clocked me, I could tell by their reaction in the club and at work in the following days. I braced myself for the worst, but other than some strange looks, and undoubtedly some gossiping behind my back, nothing ever came of it.

Carol

marie354
07-08-2007, 10:17 PM
It maybe that she suspects you already and wanted you to admit it.
Who knows for sure.

It sounds like you handled it perfectly.
No worries.
:hugs:

Miss Lulu
07-08-2007, 10:26 PM
It happened to me a few years back to show-up at work in construction, having totally forgotten about the mascara. My employees had noticed it right away! My stupid excuse was that the wife had been fooling around with my face. They laughed that day.... and never heard anything since.

That's probably what will happen to you too... as long as you act as if nothing happened.

trannie T
07-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Same thing happened to me, busted at work with last night's eye makeup. It was only mentioned once and then forgotten.

Tophia
07-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone I work with...at least the one's I'm close to...Know about my "weekend" hobby. Everyone's totally cool with it...well...a few aren't...not that they're against it...they just don't talk to me about it...but I am very proud and open about who I am...it's me...and I'm really proud of it.

Some guys like to wear cowboy hats...some guys like to sag their pants...some guys like to wear makeup, fake boobs, a skirt and a wig.....it's all just who we are...to be honest...it's the guys who dress like everyone else that scare me...u know...the cookie cutter ones...they have no self idenity...they just wear whatever the manaquin was wearing or whatever was on the front of the magazine cover..

Me...I just am me...and i LOVE IT!!!

Oddlee
07-09-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone I work with...at least the one's I'm close to...Know about my "weekend" hobby. Everyone's totally cool with it...well...a few aren't...not that they're against it...they just don't talk to me about it...but I am very proud and open about who I am...it's me...and I'm really proud of it.

Some guys like to wear cowboy hats...some guys like to sag their pants...some guys like to wear makeup, fake boobs, a skirt and a wig.....it's all just who we are...to be honest...it's the guys who dress like everyone else that scare me...u know...the cookie cutter ones...they have no self idenity...they just wear whatever the manaquin was wearing or whatever was on the front of the magazine cover..

Me...I just am me...and i LOVE IT!!!

Thanks Tophia,

While no one at work knows about my cross-dressinng, I appreciate your comments about the sheep...

Only those who think contribute to our societey,

Lee

Karren H
07-09-2007, 05:01 AM
I wear mascara at work every so often and Shushu is right.. No one cares... But maybe you boss does? Lol. Should have told her you spent the weekend at Ozfest... Working on your Alice Cooper look..

Karren

Emily Ann Brown
07-09-2007, 07:32 AM
I doubt if anyone here would notice a bit of mascara.....more likely already know because of my long nails with clear polish on them.

I believe the rule of thumb is do not protest too much if the subject comes up....dead giveaway that a nerve has been hit.

Emily Ann

Charleen
07-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Always wear mascara. Brown. Only on the upper lashes. Not a word is said. Do they know? Well I also have my nails long and polished, my hair is long, I have hoop earrings, rings and a charm bracelet. If they know, they don't care, and haven't said a thing. I think if I stopped wearing mascara after all this time, That would be noticeable.

BethCD
07-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks all for your comments.
So far nothing else has been mentioned, not even funny looks, etc.
After years of dressing, i guess I'm getting good with 'excuses" etc.
Thanks again, Beth :hugs::D

Jodi
07-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Beth, From your post, it appears that you left the makeup on all night and slept with it on. If so, that is a big time no-no. That is so bad for your skin, and the eye makeup could cause severe eye infections.

Number one rule. Remove all makeup before retiring for the night. After makeup removal, deep cleanse your face and add moisturizer.

Never NEVER sleep with makeup on.

Jodi

tall sam
07-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Beth, similar think happened with me except it wasnt at work but popping in at a friends house. His wife looked at me and made a similar comment that it looks like I had been wearing makeup. My response was that I had just been fiddling with the car and it was probably some grime. I quickly popped into their bathroom and washed it off.

BethCD
07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Tall Sam,
Hopefully we both learned our lesson.
Jodi, Sounds like a good idea NOW....:p:doh:
Hopefully won't happen again.
I've learned soooooooooooo many little things here that add up to a LOT.
This forum is the BEST! :thumbsup:

Beth

Kandi
07-10-2007, 07:46 PM
I went to work one day and was talking to a mason in the morning light and he came right out and asked me why I was wearing lipstick. Well there was some residual and all I could do was sheepishly blame it on my wifes' kiss goodbye. I dont think he bought it.

SatinDoll00
07-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Made a mistake today. I had the day off, and I can only dress when my wife is at work (thank god for alternate days off). Anyway, I got up this morning, and dressed. Did some housework, and was generally lazy...etc. Long story short...I decided near the end of the day to go shopping for a skirt. I found one that was really cute! Ordinarily, I don't get a lot of strange looks or questioning glances when I shop in drab. I am rather manly in drab (much to my distain). Anyway...after coming home with a rather cute black mini skirt and a lavender satin top...I discovered that, in my rush to get out and back, I had forgotten to remove my lipstick! I had applied it early in the day...and I just figured it had worn off. NOPE!!! Red, glossy, and plain as day!! :)

Oh well...I guess a couple of SAs have a story to tell now!

Morgan

Alex!
07-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Yikes. I would be so mortified if folks I knew found out about my secret. What a freakin' nightmare.

SandyR
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
I was at home enjoying some Sandy time and got paged. Upstairs, change clean up head into the office. Left some eyeliner on. Lucky for me I only got a few looks before my wife (we work in the same buidling) pulled me aside. I've also taken to much off one side of my eyebrow, got a few looks, but went home and cleaned it up. No one has said a thing.....Its all good. But I am glad to know Im not alone.

Hugs.

SandyR

SatinDoll00
07-12-2007, 12:13 AM
A few years ago, I was between marriages, and I got so into dressing that I was actually thinking of transitioning completely. Needless to say, I was shaven from the nose down :)

At any rate...I had just gotten a new car, and I was (still am) in love with it.

My roommate at the time was a life long friend, that did not know about my CDing...and would NEVER understand.

One day, I thought he was at work, so I decided to wash my new car. Here I am outside washing the car in my shortest shorts and a t-shirt (gender neutral) and up he drives.

My silky smooth legs are wet and glistening with soap...and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. I acted as normally as possible. He didn't seem to notice, but he did give me a strange look as he went into the house. After that, things were never the same between us. I cannot say if it was me, or him, or both of us.

A real shame, he was a great friend before that. I have asked him since what was wrong, but he won't tell me.

Also, I think he uncovered my stash of lingerie one day. I cannot swear to it, but I think he knows now...although he never said anything.

Sometimes, I wish I could die and be reborn female. I know it would hurt alot of people...but the pain I live with everyday, not being what I want to be, has to count for something.

Oh well...life goes on.

Where did I put that wine? :)

Morgan

Shannonangora
07-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Well,
Just call me lady godiva on this one, i would of replied yes it is and by the way i look much better in that dress than you do.I have no qualms over being trans and admit it to the curios.So dont be too hard on yourself,someday you'll laugh about it.I've often thought about showing up in drag at work.:2c: