PDA

View Full Version : Washington D.C.

ravens_roost2004
07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
I will be in Washington D.C. around September. I would like to know where there are CD friendly shopping, clubs and a place for a makeover. Also a place I can change into Tina Marie mode. (I will be with others from the company, and to leave our motel enfem would be risky.) Thank you in advance. Tina Marie.

Karren H
07-08-2007, 08:17 PM
If you have the money any store is TG friendly!!! In my opinion!!

Karren

Stephenie S
07-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Good advice from Karren.

DC has an active CD/TG community. Do a little online research, or perhaps someone here will guide you. There are plenty of places. Check out Baltimore while you are at it.

Stephenie

Maureen Henley
07-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Tina Marie,

Regarding a place to change, I asked my wife and got answered with a nod and a look that said "That was a dumb question. Of course." We live between DC and Annapolis. Send me a PM with the details, ie, when, and where your hotel is, and I'll give you directions. We may be too far away to be practical. but we'll see.

Maureen

P.S. If you're allergic to cats, forget it. We will be down to only eight by then.

trannie T
07-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Try the United States Senate, many US senators are crossdressers.

JamieDP
07-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Let's see - DC has such a diverse population of sexual lifestyes almost anywhere is friendly. I have been living here for 16 years now....and over the last 10, the only places I don't venture is the more down trodden neighborhoods...however by the capital, near Union Station...you will actually find during the work week quite a number of TG persons around the area...some working in shops, some working in the gov't. I tend to find the Maryland suburbs (my side) especially montgomery county to be more at peace with it than in virginia. But PM me and we can exchange e-mails....and I can give you some of my favorite safe spots in DC to peruse...where you can shop and hang on the edges of a scene safely with no one to bother you.

Dupont Circle, Georgetown, around the MCI Center (but keep in mind there are more kids aroudn the MCI Center), but it is close to Chinatown where the population is all over the place. Day time vs. night time makes a difference too...but since you said after work..Georgetown and the waterfront is the closest thing you would find to a main area where all sorts of people are out. There is also a great adult store called DreamDressers down in Georgetown, where many a celebrity from RuPaul to Bryant Gumble have been kown to shop. I have been there in male mode many times and the people there pay you know mind if you don't want them too.

You can find great intimate restaurants above or right next to parking garages to get easy access from the car to the restaurant with a fair exposure to the public, but only possibly dealing with a minute or so crossing the street to the restaurant if that was is desired. Down here you find everything...I myself spot at least 2 or 3 possible CD's, TG's or Drag Queens every weekend I go there.

Dupon Circle is an area that is becoming known or is known as an area where a lot of the gay population hangs out and lives. I don't see consistency in that as I see hetero and gay people living everywhere in this area now.

Oh yeah near American University...Tennlytown there are a bunch of restaurants...on is called the Zebra lounge up to Martens Volvo there are a bunch of restaurants with a crowd that is mixed from the University, Young single people, young gay couples, the whole gamut.

Like I said message....

ColleenCD
07-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Tina,

Check out DuPont Circle. This is a well known for the GLBT community. I just spent a week in DC on vacation and trapsed all around DuPont Circle, finding several stores on Connecticut Avenue. We did see many couples holding hands and such. Very open area. Hope this helps.

Colleen

JamieDP
07-10-2007, 09:16 AM
I almost forgot....budget makes a difference in places I could think of...i forgot my whole point was more about shopping: Again Georgetown and Dupont Circle - designer & boutique shops...more would recomend Dupont to start with. --actually i need to do some shopping myself:)

DonnaT
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Many places are CD friendly, or at least, aren't adverse to having CDs shop and eat.

Dupont Circle is the most frequented, I believe. There's even an trans annual high heel race held there.

http://www.chaosdc.com/

Not in Dupont Circle
http://www.930.com/