PDA

View Full Version : BIG Development

uknowhoo
07-08-2007, 10:19 PM
As some of you are aware, my wife and I have had our challenges, both prior to and since I came out to her (again) last fall.

Well, yesterday, I was planning on leaving a bit early to go to the TGEA (local supp group) meeting/annual cook-out, so I'd have the requisite ton of time to make myself presentable. :battingeyelashes: As luck would have it, a friend called to offer to take our son out to the lake for the afternoon... an offer we all gladly accepted.

Well, my wife, very much to her credit, has been making a concerted effort to understand her feelings about the whole CDing thingy of late (in counselling and otherwise). God bless her soul, not only did she suggest that I stay at home to get ready, but offered her wardrobe and her assiantance. She wound up helping me with my wig, make-up and even polished my toes for me - all firsts!!! Then to top it off, she snapped a few pics of me on my way out and let me know that she genuinely thought I looked very pretty. :c9::c9:

My astonishment was almost as overwhelming as my gratitude and joy. It would seem that yesterday was a bit of a turning point in our relationship. :GD:

Bobbie cd
07-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Wow, Tammi, that does sound like a considerable breakthrough. Congratulations. I hope this leads the two of you to a closer and better relationship! :hugs:

Bobbie

Barb Valentine
07-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Wow that's just so great to hear Tammi
It's good to see that progress has been made
(In the right direction)
((Do we get to see those pictures))

Sandygal
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM
WOW!! and I will say it again, WOW!!

marie354
07-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I may have felt similar last November when my GF first allowed me to dress FT.

GO! Girl! Just watch out for that "pink fog". It's quick, and can be overwhelming...

BTW... Are you going to post the pix?
:hugs:

Daintre
07-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Tammi, I have searched the Forum today for some uplifting posts, I thank you for posting. It sounds like your dear wife is trying so hard, bless her for that. I hope that you both can keep the progress going...good luck my friend :hugs:

Rachel Morley
07-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Absolutely fantastic news!!! I am so, so, very, very, happy for you Tammi. Your wife sounds like a wonderful lady. It seems like she is really trying to understand this whole cding thing. Marla has said to me that cding (for her anyway) was rather like trying new food; you have to have a taste of it at least 10 times before you start to get a liking for it. I sincerely hope your wife thinks the same way. Hang in there, even more happiness is (hopefully) just around the corner! :hugs:

Rachel

Miss Lulu
07-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I think all your wife needed was some time to adapt to crossdressing. Now she's showing good faith and attitude by offering to help you out ... and even commenting your great look.

You are in luck to have a supporting SO. I have that luck too. Show your gratitude to her!

trannie T
07-08-2007, 10:57 PM
You are stopping by the florist on the way home tomorrow?

Joy Carter
07-09-2007, 12:17 AM

She will trannie T, she will.:hugs:

Andi
07-09-2007, 01:17 AM

Exactly, stop somewhere or do something really, really special for her. This is a wonderful change of heart for you both. I hope time will prove it's for good and the relationship can grow a long time. :hugs:

Sheri 4242
07-09-2007, 01:25 AM
Excellent news!!! And, to go along with the flowers, how about dinner and a movie -- she's trying and you'll reap benefits from everything you do to let her know how special she is!!!!!!!

Sandra
07-09-2007, 03:34 AM
Tammi that is wonderful news, here's hoping it continues for both of you .

PheonaP
07-09-2007, 03:59 AM
Absolutely stunning Tammi. You just need to let your wife know HOW MUCH you are "My astonishment was almost as overwhelming as my gratitude and joy."
She appears to be one awesome lady. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Karren H
07-09-2007, 05:16 AM
That's fantastic, Tammi!! Lucky girl!!

Karren

CharleneCD
07-09-2007, 05:44 AM
Tammi, What wonderfull news. There is no doubt she has found some acceptance for your dressing.

Veronica E. Scott
07-09-2007, 06:08 AM
That is super good news best I have read today .What ever you are doing keep it up Best of luck to you both.

Sarah cd
07-09-2007, 06:10 AM
That is fantastic news i hope you do somthing special for her in return. As it does take a lot for a woman to except our dressing as i have found with my wife as she is very up and down with it all. Enjoy your dressing

Emily Ann Brown
07-09-2007, 07:26 AM
WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing here but happiness for ya sis.

Emily Ann

Maureen Henley
07-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Hooray for Tammi's wife!!! Make sure her husband thanks her properly. I have a very accepting wife, I know how wonderful it can be.

As other posters mentioned, don't let the "pink fog" cloud your judgement. A rare and beautiful flower like her needs gentle, slow and careful nuturing.

Jenny Beth
07-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Great news Tammi, not only is she trying to understand it all but be part of it as well. And since she's loaned you some of her things I see a joint shopping trip on the horizon, I'll bet money she's going to pick your next outfit. :thumbsup:

uknowhoo
07-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks ladies so much for your responses.

I'm trying to come up with an appropriate demonstration of my appreciation. I've been thinking of a very oversized arrangement of flowers delivered, but am hoping to come up with something a lil more special yet.

As far as the pink fog is concerned, I'm definitely quite aware of that (though a few reminders certainly can't hurt). While I can't say that I've had my Tammi'sworth (if there is such a thing :o), I'm cool with keeping Tammi's profile on the low side for a lil while - I just don't want to push it. I'm also aware that while she's made a beautiful gesture, that there might be a lil bit of an emotional reaction from her the other way - maybe not (the ol' now I like it, now I don't (thanx Rachel n Marla :hugs:)). I just need to remain aware of that possibility too.

In any case, I'm still kinda basking in the afterglow of the experience, and the my wife and I have have both been feeling very close since! :c9:

Thanx again y'all for your support. :hugs:

:love:

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Soooooo pleased for you both. May it only bring you closer. :hugs:

Mitch23
07-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Absolutely fantastic news!!! I am so, so, very, very, happy for you Tammi. Your wife sounds like a wonderful lady. It seems like she is really trying to understand this whole cding thing. Marla has said to me that cding (for her anyway) was rather like trying new food; you have to have a taste of it at least 10 times before you start to get a liking for it. I sincerely hope your wife thinks the same way. Hang in there, even more happiness is (hopefully) just around the corner! :hugs:

Rachel
On the radio this morning it said 11 times - oh well what the heck! What a special lady your wife is - in fact all our partners are, wherever they stand with our CD. I'm inspired when I hear these stories because there's hope for us whose wives haven't quite reached that place yet. And you're very wise to cool it - give her a big present and a huge hug from me!

Mitch

Jenna1561
07-09-2007, 10:30 AM
That is super news Tammi! I'm so, so happy for you.

Jenna

KimberlyS
07-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Tammi, that is wonderful when a wife moves forward on her own. And yes a demonstration of your appreciation would be a great thing to do. Not only now but also other times for no other reason than just because.

Something a good friend once told me:

Happy Wife, Happy Life

In other words do things to make your wife happy, just because and not expecting anything in return. And the pay backs are great when they happen.

Just a small word of caution. When my wife has been like this, giving what seemed like great acceptance all of a sudden, it was usually followed but a backing up. Almost like she pushed herself too far and needed to reflect on what she did. It was a good time for me to appreciate what she had done but not push to do it again right away unless it came from her.

Sounds like things are going good and I hope they continue that way. Keep good communication going between the two of you.

Thanks ladies so much for your responses.

I'm trying to come up with an appropriate demonstration of my appreciation. I've been thinking of a very oversized arrangement of flowers delivered, but am hoping to come up with something a lil more special yet.

As far as the pink fog is concerned, I'm definitely quite aware of that (though a few reminders certainly can't hurt). While I can't say that I've had my Tammi'sworth (if there is such a thing :o), I'm cool with keeping Tammi's profile on the low side for a lil while - I just don't want to push it. I'm also aware that while she's made a beautiful gesture, that there might be a lil bit of an emotional reaction from her the other way - maybe not (the ol' now I like it, now I don't (thanx Rachel n Marla :hugs:)). I just need to remain aware of that possibility too.

In any case, I'm still kinda basking in the afterglow of the experience, and the my wife and I have have both been feeling very close since! :c9:

Thanx again y'all for your support. :hugs:

Lovely Rita
07-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Simply wonderful news. I am so happy for you. It is nice when nice things happen to trully nice people.

Sweet Cindy
07-09-2007, 11:02 AM
That is fantastic, Tammi! You're doing something right, that's for sure. You're giving hope to others!

Cindy

LindaTS
07-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm very happy for you Tammi. Let's hope things continue like this for all time.

Kimberley
07-09-2007, 12:34 PM
WOW! Tammi, I remember the turmoil you had last fall and this is great news! Still hon, she may be trying to feel her way past it (not that you havent thought of that already, I said it for the benefit of others).

I really hope and pray she can work with you to find a common ground for both of you.! It is the best for everyone.

:hugs:
Kimberley.

Alice B
07-09-2007, 01:17 PM
That is simply great. You have a wonderful wife. Do something special for her to say thanks.:hugs:

the femm side of me
07-09-2007, 04:38 PM
:DWOW! You must be very special to your wife. I know I am too. We have been doing some of those firsts too. Still have not dressed yet but it's comming soon. I hope I look pretty but I know it will take some expirence before that happens. I look forward to the challenge. :D

janelle
07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Congrates dear, I think she needs a little something extra, some nice flowers or something she truely loves to do. Good luck & I pray all keeps going well.
:hugs::love:,
Janelle

Marla151
07-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Thats wonderful, it must be such a relief as well as a happy occasion. Congratulations and I hope all moves forward just as pleasantly as this latest breakthrough for you both :)

Sheila
07-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Tammi,

My best to you both, you are such a wonderful person and I love reading your words ;)

mylitta
07-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Tammi, so glad things are looking up for you. You deserve to be happy

RobertaFermina
07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Bank It, Tammi !

This may be a turning point after all!

It is certainly an instance of her trying to reach out and make it all about you for one time. She is certainly trying on how that works and feels.

Please don't imprison her in any expectations that it will be this way from now on. A Gift is a Gift, not a contract to an expectation. Enjoy the gift, and *HOPE* for more.

What a darling she is, to make *all of you* feel special !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Sinthia
07-09-2007, 07:52 PM
That is fantastic news Tammi. Hope things continue to improve in your wife's acceptance of Tammi. And offer to paint her toes some evening. It might even lead to a weekly girls time together. And flowers would certainly show your love for her.

Missy Anne
07-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Tammi,

I am REALLY happy for the both of you.

Best regards,

Missy Anne

Katie Moore
07-09-2007, 07:59 PM
:2c:

That is awesome. She sounds really sweet. You go gurl!:love:

Wishful

Rainbow GG
07-09-2007, 09:41 PM
That is so great!! I'm glad I got read something very positive and uplifting, and I am so happy for you both!!

Good Luck :hugs:

Roxi Loh
07-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Heck with the flowers, I think I would take my wife on a cruise if she were that receptive. You have a great girl there...you are very lucky.

BarbaraTalbot
07-09-2007, 09:50 PM
I wonder if you havent found a key to GG to CD relations. The actual process of dressing. What GG didnt enjoy playing with dolls? Ok a few, but I should have been encoraged when my GG bought herself, our two daughters at the time, and then at his request our youngest son a Crissy doll and all would sit arounf styling the hair together.

The first time I really felt acceptance was when mine took me shopping. Our closest times feel like when she is helping with my make-up..so intimate.

I am so happy for you as is Dee who pointed out this thread to me.

Flowers are nice Dee likes this idea, and your delivery idea takes care of the after thought as you pass a grocery store problem. If she works out of the home, send them to work. It is so validating when a woman gets a token of affection like that out of context.

We talked about it and cant give you specifics but it needs to be something personal from you. My idea was maybe some cute shoes, but only if you arent close enough in size that you might be tempted to borrow!

princessmichelle
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Tammi,

I think you can take a lot of the credit for this--as you say, for not pushing your luck. For being patient.

Go Tammi, go! :cheer:

Michelle Elizabeth

Sharon
07-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow, Tam, very very cool!:happy:

If anyone deserves a bit of happiness and acceptance, it is you.:hugs:

Beth785
07-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Everyone hopes to find someone to love us for who we are. Sometimes they have a hard time with it. Hopefully she is coming to terms with it and your relationship will be stronger because of it.:happy:

Sarah Rabbit
07-09-2007, 11:08 PM
That is really good news Tammi.:happy: It is a definite turn in the right direction when the SO assist you. I hope the sailing is smooth from now on:hugs:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Billijo49504
07-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Tammi, might I suggeat flowers or a nice meal out, maybe someplace she wants to go but it's expensive... I just bought a $212 purse tonight, as a thank you gift....BJ

uknowhoo
07-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks again girls for all your kind words, and support.

As a follow-up, I went ahead and ordered a verry large bouquet of flowers to be delivered to her at our home. She said they were the most beautiful she'd ever seen, then added, "heck I'll do your make-up anytime if it gets me flowers!" :p She also mentioned doing a girls night out, and/or a shopping trip sometime soon. While I'd love to pounce ion the idea and set up a date for tomorrow, I let her know how much I appreciated the offer and that yeah, it'd be great to do it sometime, but that I wasn't inclined to push it. Our next treat for ourselves is going to be getting dressed to the nines (we in drab, that is) and heading our for a nice evening. That's what she really covets doing right now, and it's a treat for me too as I love seeing her all dolled up n gorgous. :c9:

Anyway, that's the update. Thanx again y'all.

I love you guys!

xoxo

T

Sheila
07-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Tammi :hugs: .... you are a sweetie.............. am sat here with sparkling eyea and it ain't due to make up girl :hugs:

Katie Moore
07-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah, ain't life grand?

Wishful

MsEva
07-10-2007, 04:03 PM

:iagree: so true...out of the tree of life you picked a plum!:happy:

DonnaT
07-10-2007, 04:12 PM
That's simply wonderful news, Tammi.

SharonRose told me you had a good time at TGEA. No wonder!

kerrianna
07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
:love: That's so sweet Tammi! I am very happy for you.

Couldn't happen to a nicer person. :hugs:

CharleneCD
07-11-2007, 11:04 AM
She offered to go out with you fem? I would definitely say she has found acceptance. I will also say you are right in taking it slow with her. Let it develop as it will. Hopefully the joys of discovery will last a lifetime for both of you.

Katrina
07-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Tammi,
I'm so glad that things seem to be looking up for you. I think you are doing the right thing by taking it slowly and not pressing the subject. I typically reward my SO for gestures like that - positive reinforcement works!

angelfire
07-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Good to hear you've made some progress with your wife. Congrats, and hopefully it will only get better.