PDA

View Full Version : Mall Obsevations

Sandygal
07-08-2007, 10:47 PM
My wife and I love to go to the mall after work on Fridays. I love sitting and sipping on my coffee while I observe the ladies and how they dress. Now being a guy we tend to wear very loose fitting shirts. The larger we get, the baggier the shirt. But watching the ladies, I noticed the reverse. They tended to wear very snug fitting shirts and tees. Even the larger girls wore their shirts on the tight side. They did not seem to care if their love handles showed. As a guy I have always hated to show off mine. I really want to learn to dress properly. Is this just something in South Florida or the same all over? Can I wear a snug cami with a loose shirt? So much to learn, but so enjoyable to try out. This could go here or the clothing section depending on the answers. Ladies have sooooo many ways to dress.

Tophia
07-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Yah! GOing out to a place like the mall is def a great place to learn all sorts of tips and tricks! I think it's always best to wear whatever makes u feel comfy....u know...it doesn't matter if it's "suppose" to make u look good...it u feel nasty or fat in it...u will never "work" it. I just go out and when I see something I like...I just know it's for me! U know?

Julogden
07-09-2007, 07:45 AM
My experience is that if one is carrying some extra weight, wearing tight-fitting clothing makes you look even heavier. Of course, YMMV.

Carol

Sandygal
07-09-2007, 07:46 AM
The post has nothing to do with weight. I'm just saying that if a style trend begins, girls of all sizes will follow it. So I was trying to decide if I being a large person could get away with weaing a tight cami or tee or would it be smart to go against the trend.

MarinaTwelve200
07-09-2007, 09:08 AM
I kinda think that many of the ladies are in "denyal" of their larger size and tend to keep buying the same size clothing, no matter how bad it fits.

I still retain the vision a few years back, of the older lady with her sagging breasts---who was as wide as she was tall, but still insisted on wearing the TIGHT metalic green capri pants, and matching halter top that exposed her huge belly, complete with the ceasarain scar.----shudder!