PDA

View Full Version : I know it's no big deal for me....

Emily Ann Brown
07-09-2007, 08:25 AM
.....left daughter's yesterday at 7:30 for the long drive home (she is still cancer free but new health issues from the treatments are causing another crisis) and needed a boost in my spirits, and since THE suitcase was in the back Em decided to at least enjoy the drive home.

Shortly before arriving back home I decided I needed to get a few groceries and it would make more sense to do it then instead of waiting till tonight, so I stopped at the local WalMart. I know, no big deal since I have gone shopping a bunch at the mall and clubbing and to the local parks, but I realized that although I have a bunch of clothes from there I have never graced them with Em's presence. About time huh?!!!

I had on a sleeveless white top with blue beads sewn around the neckline, a knee length dark denim skirt with built in shorts, suntan pantihose, black leather flats, couple of rings, a bracelet on each arm, and LIGHT makeup...shaved in the car, then light face power, a touch of pink blush, mediun grey eyelids and a bit of cranberry shadow to blend it out, and a new lipstick that is about the color of my real lips but looks like lipgloss. Off white summer pocketbook with dark brown straps completed my ensemble.

Went in and grabbed a buggy for my pocketbook. Got a nice "ma'am" greeting from the lady at the door. I smiled. Went about my grocery shopping, passing clerks and shoppers alike. Never a hint of anyone noticing. Realized that the dog food was on the other side of the store...giggle giggle....meant a trip through the ladies section ! Checked out the clearance racks. Finally drug myself out of that area and got my dog food and went to check out.

Of course....only one line open (store is in the sticks in redneck hell) so I am gonna have to wait in line behind FOUR KIDS !!!!! Only thing to do was grab a gossip rag and igmore them. Luckily they ignored me too....busy driving their mom batty. When my turn came the clerk greeted me with a "How you doing this evening ma'am?" So I got sucked into small talk....I hate that, but I'm told my fem voice is beyond reproach so I do what is required. Got several more ma'ams from her before she thanked me for shopping with them. Got my change back in my money purse casually and headed for the door. Lady was gone now, and there stood the most sour looking gentleman guarding the entry/exit. GEESH ! He stepped towards me and I couldn't believe the "Good evening hun, please come back again to shop with us." that came from his mouth....he even cracked a smile. Yeah....he said hun, (I was of course 3-4 years younger than him...giggle giggle) wonder if he liked what he saw??

Out to my car where I loaded my groceries. One of the male employees was out gathering buggies and came over and asked did I want him to take my buggy back.... no, I want your number silly, he was young and cute. Seriously, said sure and smiled again. It was a great relaxing shopping trip. And Karren was right....I was the only gal there in a skirt (even if it did have built in shorts under it).

So gals, go for it! It feels so good to be yourself out in public.

Emily Ann

kassandra richard
07-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Sounds great, and that was my experience on Saturday. My wife was out with her mom 'til late, and my kids were staying with the grandparents anyway, so out comes Kassandra.

On Friday I had stopped at Walmart to buy clothes (en drab), then Superstore and Zellers. So Saturday was the night to try it all out. Stopped at the same Walmart, only this time all dolled up. Looked around but didn't see anything more that I needed (or wanted really). Then it was off to Superstore (different one) for more shopping. Couple of cute bras for $6 each -- should have bought them. Even went so far as to try on a pair of shorts :eek: The SA at the makeup counter didn't take much more than a glance at me which was fine by me. Finally left there and went to Shoppers Drug Mart near home. SA said hi when I walked in, I smiled and that was about it. Really nice to be ignored :)

Starbucks was a little more challenging given that I had to talk, but all in all it was a great night out of shopping. And I get a chance to do it again in a couple of weeks. Now I just need a better pair of shoes :happy:

Kassandra