PDA

View Full Version : Went out for the first time!!

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Well, I'm back from Philadelphia. A GG friend of mine took me shopping at Lane Bryant, since although I wear a size 12 in skirts, I am a size 18 in tops. (Three cheers for muscles.... Ick...) Anyway, the SA came over and began chatting, and asked if she could help. I said, "Yes. I am a crossdresser and I'm looking for a couple of bras, and an outfit. She was delighted! She helped me pick out two pocket bras that hold my forms perfectly, and then my GG friend of mine and the sales associate helped me pick out a couple of outfits. I bought a pair of gaucho pants, a green top and a navy blue top, and a denim jacket.

Then we hit Payless, and I found a pair of black, closed-toe shoes with a very modest heel, and a pair of racy, strappy green heels that are a little more daring, in a size 13. The lady at the counter was preparing to add them up, and she made a comment about my green sandals, saying that my wife would love them. I told her that they were for me, and she said, "Get outta' here! These ain't for you!" I said, "Oh yes they are!" and my GG friend said, "They are. Look at MY feet. I wear a SIX!" She looked at me again, and said, "You'd better shake it, Girl!!" We were all crackin' up...

After that, it was off to the salon, where I got a pedicure and a manicure, and topped off my nails with a plain clear coat. They look wonderful... I don't know why I didn't get a pedicure sooner! Gawd, my toes were so gnarley and ugly, and NOW, they look marvelous...

That night, my friend helped me with my make-up, and I got all dressed up, and we went out to the boardwalk in Atlantic City. I was wearing my new gaucho slacks, my black heels, and my green blouse. The boardwalk was crowded with people out, watching the fireworks from Ocean City. No one gave me a second glance, and I didn't even feel nervous! It was like NO BIG DEAL!! We even passed a group of rowdy teenagers, slouching on a long bench, and if they would have noticed anything amiss, I'm sure they would have called me out. No one even noticed... *BEAMING!!*

Here is a photo, just before we went out:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1a1299f0e0.jpg

shannonsilk
07-09-2007, 09:15 AM
what a great night. i'm thrilled for you. i don't know if i'm yet ready to walk the boardwalk.. I'm sure you'll be doing it again/

Joy Carter
07-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Frankie your gourgious !:D Your hair suits you so well.

This is funny. I saw my first CD while on the BW in Atlantic City in 67'. LoL

Stephenie S
07-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Yea, Frankie!!!!

You go girl!

Stephie

Or is that YAY? (spelling anyone?)

JoAnnDallas
07-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Congrads Frankie...........doesn't it feel great to be able to get dressed up and go out and just be yourself. A few weeks ago, I finially went out dress solo and it does really feel great. No one paid much attention to me except when I had to interface with someone. Then they treated as the woman I was presenting as. Now that I know I can do it, I plan to go out even more. LOL

Mitch23
07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Frankie, you are an inspiration - the progress you have made is just amazing! Now the world is your playground. Remember the first time though - its always special!!

Mitch

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Thank you so much!! I'm having a wonderful time with it!! *BEAMING!*

On top of all this, my friend gave me an ARMLOAD of clothes!! Five or six skirts, a bunch of blouses... I am soooo happy!!:love:

Lovely Rita
07-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Congratulations!!! It was wonderful to read about your day. Really cool.

I have enjoyed Atlantic City Enfemme and I am glad you did too.

Bobbi Lynn
07-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi, Glad you had such a great time! Where is the picture?

LindaTS
07-09-2007, 11:24 AM
It sounds like you had a great time Frankie. And I have to say, I love your new Avatar. You look fantastic.

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Thank you!! The pictures is... sporadic, it seems. sheesh.... My normal image hosting site won't accept uploads, for some reason... :Angry3:

Karren H
07-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Well something happened because all of a suden I can see your photo on my blackberry.... Dang frankie.... You sure you not a GG who decided to pull one over on a bunch of dumb crossdressers??

:)

You look fantastic girly!! Took me year of practicing every day and I didn't look half that good..

Karren

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Awwww... Thank you!!! Reading your posts and perspectives, I have adopted you as a patron saint, Karren. Honestly. I borrowed your attitude and courage, and it was great!! I felt soooo relaxed. The only things I was self-conscious about, were my strides and voice. Other than that, it was no different than going out en drab. Going out in broad daylight is the next step, but that might be a while in coming...

Thank you again!! :hugs:

joann07
07-09-2007, 01:20 PM
You look great!
Now that you've been out, I'm sure it feels like you're reborn again.
Sounded like all those tips we all gave you worked out pretty well.
Congradulations.
Keep it up.
I like hearing more about outings like these.

Lora Olivia
07-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Out is good Frankie and I am so pleased everything went well for you. I sure hear what you said about Karren, she sure does seem to have it all together. so 2 :thumbsup: and :hugs:

Mitch23
07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
strides come with practice - voice I dunno

Mitch

Julia Welch
07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
That is great news....I'm delighted for you.

This site just inspires me.

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Thank you again!! (I got a new wig in the mail, today. A long, straight, layered one), and some really good concealer, too! WHOOHOO!! No more 5 o'clock shadow! (Whiskers are sooo un-lady-like!) LOL

Katie Moore
07-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Way to go Frankie. I'm so happy for you.

CharleneCD
07-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Whats up Frankie? You buy a wig and now you are out shopping and painting the town. What is this world coming to? :D Good for you. Being out and about fem is so much fun. Glad you are able to finaly join in.

kassandra richard
07-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Congrats Frankie. Out a couple of times and it's a hoot. I had some fun on Saturday and looking forward to another chance in a couple of weeks.

Kassandra

Frankie-Dear
07-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Hee hee... Thanks again!!! I am just LOVING this!!

:hugs: