PDA

View Full Version : Ear rings

Snigdha
07-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi. I have both my ears pierced. Now i can wear ear rings in both. But in public i only wear two small gold rings. Sometimes i feel that i should not have pierced my ear. Next again i feel the urge to maintain. But if i really want to heal up the pierced ears now then what to do? Pls advice.

Charleen
07-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Don't worry about it! I've had mine pierced over a year now and wore 1/2" filigree hoops for that year and not a word. Just went to 3/4" hoops yesterday and not a word. As far as I can tell from my own experience as well as others that have posted on this same topic, no one cares.
The ears close up if you leave the earrings out. But why? Just enjoy! That's my $.02.
Love and xxxxx, Lily

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 09:31 AM
If you really want it to close up, I guess if you just don't wear an earring in it for a long time, it will close, depending on how long you've had it pierced. My piercing salon told me that it would be six weeks before my ear was healed, but to keep something in it for six months, total. I'm guessing that if you've had your piercing for less than six months, it will probably (eventually) close.

Stephenie S
07-09-2007, 09:36 AM
It will close soon enough if you just leave the stud or ring out. But don't do it. You will just have to pierce them again when you come to your senses.

Stephie

Mitch23
07-09-2007, 09:53 AM
A guy piercing both ears is not so big a deal these days. I'm going to get mine done soon (wife not too keen). The message it sends is 'I'm an ordinary guy who wanted to have his ears pierced' - not red flashing neon sign saying crossdresser or wierdo. enjoy them!

Mitch

Julogden
07-09-2007, 10:01 AM
An old alternative to starter earrings, for short periods, is a short piece of heavy monofilament fishing line, but I don't think I'd want to use that all day, I'd want some small studs for when I'm home, but if you want to go relatively stealthy, the fishing line trick works in the short run.

I've had both ears pierced for over 20 years, and I can now go months without anything in the holes and they don't close, but I know others who have to wear an earring every few days or their ears will close, guess it's an individual sort of thing.

Carol

karynspanties
07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I mentioned to my wife that I was thinking of piecing my ears. She did not think I could pull it off in a manly way. It takes a certain type of personality to get away with it. If I already had some piercings or some tats, I probably could get away with it. I am still seriously concidering it. I would love to get away from clip-ons.

Frankie-Dear
07-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Just do it. Tell people that you just felt like it, or that it's your midlife crisis. When en drab, I'm pretty rough looking, and I lead a pretty rough-and-tumble lifestyle. I've seen construction workers with both ears pierced. Honestly, it's just not that big of a deal.

AmberDay
07-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I get nothing but compliments on my studs. But, I always have to wear earings or they will close quickly. I had them out for only 7 hours a few weeks ago and had to push a new hole in my right ear. They close that fast. It was painful. My wife can go over a year without wearing earings and her holes will stay wide open.

Shasta Daisy
07-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I've been wearing earrings in both ears for years; I wear them all the time and would be lost without them. Just give yourself some time and you will luv wearing earrings. They become part of "you." :happy:

Joy Carter
07-09-2007, 12:14 PM
I mentioned to my wife that I was thinking of piecing my ears. She did not think I could pull it off in a manly way. It takes a certain type of personality to get away with it. If I already had some piercings or some tats, I probably could get away with it. I am still seriously concidering it. I would love to get away from clip-ons.

I'm a retired police officer. Strait looking and a little rough. I have double piercings. The only one that said anything was my spouse. She thought the world had ended. It was rough around her for a few weeks but she got over it. When I got the second one's she just :rolleyes:.

Lilith Moon
07-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Had both mine done about five weeks ago and I love them. My starter studs are rather prominent and I'm planning to wear tiny silver or gold stars for everyday use. Reaction from family ? Zilch. The ones I have visited so far have given no indication that they have even noticed. My wife is fairly positive about them but mainly from a "nowadays, guys wear earrings as well" POV. She wants me to get some pirate style rings for homme use but she didn't freak out when I said I also wanted some danglies and big hoops.

Alice B
07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
I have ahd mine pierced for 10 years now and I'm constantly in public and often giving speeches. I have small gold hoops that my wife had made for me and several pairs of varied studs and a set of diamond ear rings that I wear in public. For at home I have several dangle ear rings and a couple of pairs that I will wear to shop, etc. After time you forget that you are even wearing ear rings and everyone else consider them a part of you and think nothing about it. So keep your ears pierced and you can get the full benifit of special ear rings for those special times.:hugs: