PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally came out

bi_weird
07-10-2007, 01:58 AM
I was hanging out tonight with a bunch of other students in my summer program. Somewhere along the line guys clothes came up, and I started talking about how much I like them. Before I knew it I'd confessed to having a pretty extensive guys wardrobe, and having researched why I do it online. One of the girls asked if that made me a crossdresser, and I said that I wasn't sure, probably.
About five minutes later I realized that I'd just come out to all of them without really meaning to. *laughs* I'm great like that. They all just kinda accepted it, though, which was cool. I did my best, once I realized how much I was saying, to make it sound like no big deal, just another thing that I did, which I think helped.
But yeah, kinda weird timing. Classes started today, so I got to meet the other 18 or so students, and at some point in the afternoon realized that I think all of them are straight. All of a sudden I was freaking out about being bi and none of them knowing and how do I come out to them and all that. I haven't met any other queers here yet, so it was really getting to me, and here I've accidentally come out as trans before ever bringing up the one that I'm waaaaay more open about.

ZenFrost
07-10-2007, 02:23 AM
It's cool that they were cool about it. I think that not making a big deal about it can help other people make a big deal out of it. Not always, but I'm glad it worked for you in this case.

Devon James
07-10-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm glad it worked out ok for you, I can remember you were worried about coming out to a roommate or not and how to do that (do I remember that correctky?). Seems like everybody is ok with it, so things will be fine at school too I guess.

Tristan
07-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Way to go dude. :hugs:

CaptLex
07-10-2007, 09:28 AM
That's so cool, Bi . . . "yeah, I wear boys clothes, no big deal" . . . good attitude. I think as soon as they get to know how cool you are, nobody will care if you're bi, genderqueer or from the planet Neptune - they'll just want to hang with you (especially if you make 'em brownies). :^5:

Dasein9
07-10-2007, 10:23 AM
So, who makes brownies for the brownie baker?

I would, but I don't often subject friends to my cooking. ;)

CaptLex
07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
So, who makes brownies for the brownie baker?

I would, but I don't often subject friends to my cooking. ;)
Hey, don't look at me . . . the only recipe I ever posted was for a Cuba Libre (rum and coke) . . . :drink:

Dasein9
07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
We should assign the job to Cai, since he's at Hershey Park. There may be more chocolate and less brownie for all that, but I doubt Bi would mind...

Speaking of which, keep an eye out for the brand Gu, with umlauts over the u, making it look like a smiley face. Black packaging with white and gold lettering. Seriously. They make puddings and brownies. Had some of the brownies on the trip. The darned things are 50% chocolate! One of the best I've ever had.

Kimberley
07-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Hey, don't look at me . . . the only recipe I ever posted was for a Cuba Libre (rum and coke) . . . :drink:

Okay Capt. Shall I do it (Brownie Recipe) or would that toss the getting fit and trim thing right out the window and put everyone back at square one?

:hugs:
Kimberley.

You know I am giggling now.:heehee:

John
07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Way to go Bi!!

I do that sometimes, though more along the lines of answering 'what's you're name?' with 'J*** or Jhonny, depends on the day' and then engaging the brain... Kinda did it today, I was talking with one of my mums friends (we go to a crafts group together), and mentioned the LGBT sociaty at my uni and then visiting the manchester vilige. I just turned around and said 'I'm not being subtle about this, am I':heehee:

Felix
07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
That's really cool Bi sounds like they are a cool bunch of people :thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
All of a sudden I was freaking out about being bi and none of them knowing and how do I come out to them and all that.
Have you ever thought that one or more of them might also be Bisexual?.....or even discovering they are trans? you just never know!, you cant always tell by looking at someone

bi_weird
07-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Have you ever thought that one or more of them might also be Bisexual?.....or even discovering they are trans? you just never know!, you cant always tell by looking at someone
Mmm true true. My gaydar is much better than it used to be, but then again that's not saying something because at one point it was non-existant. They seem really awesome, though, and I'm sure I'll meet queers elsewhere even if none of them are.