PDA

View Full Version : FtM onstage (I think)

Cai
07-10-2007, 08:16 AM
I came by the library on my way to Hersheypark today. I went last night with my mom and got sunset tickets, and it turns out that if I go back today with my ticket stub I get in half-price. I'm so going back.

I want to do more park stuff, but there's another reason I want to go back. My mom and I watched a musical review show last night, a spoof on Grease, and it was absolutely amazing. Like Off-Broadway good. They do 5 shows a day, and I'm going to see it again at least once today. Not just because I love musicals (though I do) but because of one of the actors.

Oh, get your head out of the gutter, would you? He was good-looking, but that's not the reason.

When he first walked out on stage, I thought "Wait, is that Ness? He looks just like Ness!" (Ness is an FtM from my college who graduated this spring, and was big into theatre). "No, that's not Ness. He just looks familiar because he's got such feminine features." Hold the phone! Feminine features?! So I start studying him a lot closer. He's wearing this plaid armless shirt as his first costume, and all the sudden I catch a glimpse of a really tight undershirt underneath the plaid. "So he's wearing an undershirt. Doesn't mean anything." Keep watching the show. He's the only guy wearing an undershirt. K, still doesn't mean anything, even though he keeps the undershirt after costume changes.
He has a solo, starts singing. In the most amazing tenor I've ever heard on a guy. What I noticed about that, though, was that when I sang in choir, I had a similar range, although on me they called it a low alto instead of a tenor.

Now, none of this means he's actually FtM. I could be overreacting because he reminds me of Ness. But I'm going to go back to the show and see if I can meet him. If I'm completely off, no harm done, I'll get to flirt with a cute guy. Because I'm going to flirt. Hell yes. Like I said, he was cute.

Oh, and I'm going to the park as Cai. I have my guy clothes from the airplane trip. I'm hoping that if I'm wrong, and he's cisgendered, he'll at least be gay so me showing up very interested in meeting him won't freak him out.

CaptLex
07-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Haha, you go, Cai! Flirting with a cute maybe FtM/maybe gay guy. Good for you! I want to hear all about it. Glad you're having fun.

P.S. I LOVE Hersheypark . . . the air smells like chocolate! :daydreaming:

Dasein9
07-10-2007, 10:27 AM
We get a full report, right?

Eh, Cap'n... It looks as though we're not going to get a visit from Cai this week. ;)

CaptLex
07-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Eh, Cap'n... It looks as though we're not going to get a visit from Cai this week. ;)
Well, who could blame him . . . come here and hang with us in this stifling heat, or visit chocolate city and meet a hot performer . . . I'd do the same. Maybe he'll send us some chocolate . . . ;)

Devon James
07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Good luck Cai! I'm really curious how this works out :D

Cai
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
He wasn't there! :( I don't know what the deal was, but his part was replaced by a different actor - who wasn't nearly as good, by the way. I hung around afterward anyway, because I still wanted a chance to meet the cast, but they never came out. They had another show in an hour, so they probably just hung out backstage in the air conditioning.

The park was fun, and doing it as Cai made me so much more comfortable. (I'm learning something already!) Nobody offered to let me sit where they were, nobody held doors for me, nobody treated me like I needed help since I was on my own. It was nice - I wasn't treated like I was fragile.

It is hotter than blazes in PA though. About as bad as home.

As far as the trip going well - my mom's had to work an extra couple of days that we hadn't planned on, so I haven't had to meet up with the extended family yet. I'm mostly worried about the Thurs-Fri-Sat stretch, because it's going to be everyone, and we're all staying in my grandparent's house.

ETA: I almost forgot! I had a really cool conversation with a CDer in line for one of the rides. He (no idea whether he or she would be preferred here, but he wasn't trying to hide the fact that he was male) were wearing women's jeans, purple converses that looked like crossword puzzles, and a pink zebra striped shirt, plus some pink gauge earrings and quite a bit of makeup done in a masculine style, with an interesting hairstyle -long and layered on the sides, real short in back. This was someone who was clearly genetically male, and making no effort to hide it, but walking around in definitively female clothing.
Anyway, the conversation went along the lines of me asking about the shoes (I really wanted to talk to him, and the shoes seemed like they were safest to mention without him thinking I was making fun). He goes "Thanks. But I'm not into guys, just so you know." I told him he'd just made my day. Didn't really get a chance to say why, because the ride showed up just then and we went to separate seats. But it was still incredibly cool.

John
07-11-2007, 05:16 AM
aw, shame the actor wasn't there.

but way cool with the cder!:D

Good luck for thursday-saterday :hugs:

Dasein9
07-11-2007, 07:45 AM
How much does the park cost, anyway? Try again? Maybe they're on an alternating-day schedule.

CaptLex
07-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Man, Hersheypark has changed since the last time I was there! FtMs, CDs . . . I think it's time I took another trip out to Pennsylvania . . . :D Send us some kisses . . . oh, and the chocolate ones, too . . . :tongueout

Hope you get another chance to see the performer. :happy: