PDA

View Full Version : man in a burka

helenr
07-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Interesting how a man 'caught' wearing women's garb always makes headlines, some suggestion of amusement, scorn added. I refer to a news story I heard about more goofy stuff from the Middle East. Were a woman found to be wearing men's coveralls,etc I wonder if there would be 1/10000th the attention paid. Highlights the challenges transvestites have to contend with. helenr

JoAnnDallas
07-10-2007, 09:52 AM
One of the terrious leaders that was hole up in a Mosque in Pakistand tried to esacape by wearing a burka and he even had high heels on too. He almost got away, but some other women told the soldiers what he was. LOL

Emily Ann Brown
07-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Funny you should mention "man in a burka"......have a dear soldier friend who accepts me who is in Iraq right now.....was thinking of doing a photo of my stocking clad leg hanging out of a burka to make her day (yeah , I have access to a real live burka).

Emily Ann

Karren H
07-10-2007, 11:34 AM
now.....was thinking of doing a photo of my stocking clad leg hanging out of a burka to make her day (yeah , I have access to a real live burka).
Emily Ann

And that brings up another thought provoking subject!! So what do they really wear under a Burka?? Always wondered!! Is it -

A - Nothing at all
B - The latest Victoria Secret lingerie
C - Womens Jeans...

My luck it would be C!! Hehe

:D

Karren

Emily Ann Brown
07-10-2007, 12:47 PM
MY luck it would be "D" ..... men's jeans.

Emily Ann

Rachael
07-11-2007, 03:32 AM
I won't go into details, but from personal experience some of the younger women do wear jeans and teeshirt. They only put on the burka to stop the neighbours gossiping.:eek:

Joy Carter
07-11-2007, 04:19 AM
I won't go into details, but from personal experience some of the younger women do wear jeans and teeshirt. They only put on the burka to stop the neighbors gossiping.:eek:

Gossiping or stoning.:eek:

Rachael
07-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Could be a bit of both. Apparently the old grannies are the worst. They get to be old grannies at around 40!:eek:

JoAnnDallas
07-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Some years ago, I was in Redyia (SP) in Saudia. I had a day where I could go shopping and my host took me to a big multi-story department store. As we entered he told me the top 3 stories of the building was off limits to men. It was for women only. The women would enter a set of elevators, go up to the first of the three floors where there are lockers. They were allowed to remove their burka, place it in a locker and roam the upper three floors to shop. first thought I had was "I want to be a fly". LOL