PDA

View Full Version : I suppose it had to happen sometime

Sam-antha
07-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I am just back from an outing in Edinburgh. Actually by train, the proof being in the photo, which is a terrible one right enough. But then....

It happend on the train, after a reasonable day. Now, on trains there are special "rooms", some for people with wheelchairs and some for normally active people, and the rooms are not sexually divided. They are uni-sex. Not that that mattered, in this event.

I needed and I went, choosing the big one, better mirrors and so. Besides there is space on the shelf to put things, like lipstick and the bag it came from ect.

Any way, business finished, but still sort of sitting, with my skirt up... and guess what happened.
The damm door opened, opened by a woman no less. OMG, excuse me and she turned her back and stood at the huge, open, big sliding door to sort of prevent folk passing from getting in or seeing in.
It seemed ages before I got that door shut, the first reaction is to do the thing manually.
Once all was adjusted I got the "open" button pressed the door opened, and I left. In thanking her, I got a big smile and another apology for the intrusion.

Did I pass ?
~Samm

rose382832
07-10-2007, 02:52 PM
sam dear, you always pass!:hugs:

Angie G
07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes you passed hun :hugs:
Angie

Sam-antha
07-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Ya-hoo girls, thank yous for the votes of confidence.
Now, has it happened to anybody else, anywhere ? Home included.
~Samm

Karren H
07-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Not like that.. Always have people knocking.. But I keep the door locked if its a smaller facility and if its a larger one with stalls I don't come out till everything back in its place!! Lol. Trains scare me since your stuck on them sor an extended period of time and if things go bad there's no escaping it.. Brave girl!!

Karren

Frankie-Dear
07-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Yes! You passed with flying colors, girl!! Happy Birthday to you, by the way! :hugs:

Sam-antha
07-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Not like that.. But I keep the door locked Trains scare me since
Karren

Ah, but the damm door was locked. Never trust an engineer's push button type thing. especially when there are pictorial instructions beside the button panel.
Strangely trains do not scare me , not even now.
Buses I mind not, but before I used them I was rather worried at the thought of a few hours in a long distance bus. Perhaps with someone sitting beside me. But I only use them - long distance- at nigjt when it tends to be lights out.
~Samm
Thank yo Frankie, for your wishes. I have another thread for you and others for that day. In the Lounge it will be, for your entries and discussion perhaps. It has even got a pic with it...
~S~

Laura Jane
07-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Ah, but the damm door was locked. Never trust an engineer's push button type thing. especially when there are pictorial instructions beside the button panel.

Strangely trains do not scare me , not even now.
Buses I mind not, but before I used them I was rather worried at the thought of a few hours in a long distance bus. Perhaps with someone sitting beside me. But I only use them - long distance- at nigjt when it tends to be lights out.

I've had that happen to me in drab mode as the intruded and the intruder!

On buses, the one person you never get a good look at is the one sitting next to you! In Front or across the aisle, you take in everything!

Dixie
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Sounds like it to me.

Sam-antha
07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
On buses, the one person you never get a good look at is the one sitting next to you! In Front or across the aisle, you take in everything!

That is so correct and just why I prefer the front seat. Admittedly people are climbing on in front of my nose, but they are busy looking for a seat. To busy to see me, my legs or the rest of me.
The people across the way are busy looking at the view ahead.
You have it right LauraJane.
~Samm

Julia Welch
07-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Sorry to hear of your hic-cup Samantha....that really must have been quite distressing....I'm glad you made it through OK....Like Karren said "You're somewhat stuck on a train eh?".

But all's well that ends well I say....:happy:

Alex!
07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
She was probably to embarassed to really give a darn.

Rachel Morley
07-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Did you pass? ...sure sounds like it to me.

SandyR
07-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Well hun it sounds like you passed. Its so cool to see the different ways we all live. Here in NM we have almost no public transit, so most modes of travel are by car where it is safe.....hehhe...

Take care, enjoyed your post.

Hugs.

SandyR

Sarah Plumber
07-12-2007, 04:31 AM
Similar thing happened in front of my wife whilst waiting to leave the train and standing by the door..Except there were TWO young gentlemen in there getting a little to friendly with each other....Now that has got to be a lot worse!! I was glad that my two lads didn't see. I was just around the corner so saw nothing.

Morale
Remember to opertate the lock once inside!

Sam-antha
07-12-2007, 11:08 AM
[quote=SandyR;934422]Well hun it sounds like you passed. Its so cool to see the different ways we all live.

Here in NM we have almost no public transit,
so most modes of travel are by car where it is safe.....hehhe...

Take care, enjoyed your post.
Hugs.

right thenwhat do you do when it is not safe ?
~Sam

az_azeel
07-12-2007, 04:52 PM
You very brave girl you... that could have gone so horribly wrong glad it didnt though... well done :hugs:

trannie T
07-12-2007, 06:49 PM
You either passed or when your skirt was up she was impressed. Either way, congratulations!

Sam-antha
07-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Someone kind has taken pity of the state of the pic I posted in post#1 and for those fold who wanted to take the original to their hearts and machines, I offer this improved version.

as-azeel : I was not brave, I felt that my privacy was invaded/violated and I just stopped thinking.

trannie t : I feel sort of glad that I was wearing suspenders at the time, who know how far down those legs the tights would have gone..... I was tucked and taped, so there could be no impressing of anyone. Not that I expected to be in the state that I could impress. Sitting of course being obligatory in that state, so there could be no cheating, thankfully.

I am glad to know that it happens to others and it is not just me who is blonde enough not to know how topress the door lock button. Maybe the otherss were impatient/in a hurry... I was not.
~Samm