PDA

View Full Version : Name Change

Katie Moore
07-10-2007, 02:09 PM
For the last few weeks I have been posting under the name "Wishful" because that is how I felt...wishful that I could fufill my desire to feel and look more womanly. Well, that path is getting more and more easier and I wonder now if I shouldn't take on a more feminime name when I'm in that mode. I have two beautiful daughters and two beautiful stepdaughters. When my girls were born I always liked the name Katherine with nicknames Kathy, Kate and Katy. But my first wife didn't like them. Lately I've been thinking about using Katy or Kate. It's the only two names I like.

Any advice on how you picked your names.

:love:

Wishful

Kristen Marie
07-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I picked Kristen because I admired a female athlete with the same name. She had similar features as me and thought it was a natural fit. I like female names starting with a K.

Katie Moore
07-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Kristen,

Me too! BTW, Born in Cambridge and grew up in Tewksbury. Miss my sub sandwiches......

:love:

Wishful

Karren H
07-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Karren = Birth Name - W + K............ Easy to remember but I often find myself ending business emails with "Love Karren" hehe

Karren

jacky83
07-10-2007, 06:45 PM
:happy:
Nice thing about a unisex name I can't get too mixed up (about my name at least).

trannie T
07-10-2007, 08:06 PM
I used several names before deciding on "Judy." I wanted a name that I liked and was not the name of a close friend. Judy was my favorite teacher, she died of cancer at too young an age.
I'd use "Judy" on this forum but it was taken when I joined.

gmss
07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I chose Sherry because it was the very first girl in my life that I remember thinking "hey - she is very very cute, I think I'm in love...." :love:

Of course nothing became of it. It's because that was in grade 5 or 6, and I still remember her face so clearly today (haven't seen her since) I'm thinking she really left a lasting impression (without even knowing it) so the least I could do is name myself afer her.

I was thinking of "Anita Nuskirt", or something like that, but then I thought that was kind of silly.

Sugar
07-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I need to drop the "dude" in my name. I've been told that "jaye" is already taken...bummer. Although I am "jaye", I will come up with another username. Will I need to re-register with a new username? I'm sure a moderator will help out. I know for a fact that they are on top of things:tongueout.

peace

jaye

cindi cinnamon
07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
cindi, short for cinderella. if only I had a majic wand.
cinnamon, "sugar and spice and all that's nice!". What spice could possibly go better with sugar than cinnamon, I ask you?!!!!!!!!!

Sugar
07-10-2007, 09:17 PM
cindi, short for cinderella. if only I had a majic wand.
cinnamon, "sugar and spice and all that's nice!". What spice could possibly go better with sugar than cinnamon, I ask you?!!!!!!!!!

That's it!! My first love...aside from my first grade nun.

Thanks cindi,

jaye

cindi cinnamon
07-10-2007, 09:44 PM
You're very welcome, "Sugar".

gmss
07-10-2007, 10:07 PM
I need to drop the "dude" in my name. I've been told that "jaye" is already taken...bummer. Although I am "jaye", I will come up with another username. Will I need to re-register with a new username? I'm sure a moderator will help out. I know for a fact that they are on top of things:tongueout.
peace
jaye

Yes. name changes require moderator intervention. Not sure why, as it creates more work for them, but that's how it is set up, so that's what have to work with.

I haven't tried it, but it should be as simple as PMing or emailing the moderator and telling them what you want to change your ID to.

It's in the FAQ somewhere for sure. I've seen it.

There should be lots of great usernames you can get from a 'jay'....

Sugar
07-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Yes. name changes require moderator intervention. Not sure why, as it creates more work for them, but that's how it is set up, so that's what have to work with.

I haven't tried it, but it should be as simple as PMing or emailing the moderator and telling them what you want to change your ID to.

It's in the FAQ somewhere for sure. I've seen it.

There should be lots of great usernames you can get from a 'jay'....

I want to be "Sugar". I'm hoping it's available.

Thanks honey,

jaye

Dixie
07-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Go with it if you like it, my wife gave me my name:heehee:

Hermione Simpson
07-11-2007, 02:27 AM
i chose hermione because of the harry potter character (because she's my favourite) and simpson because it's my mums maiden name

Beth785
07-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Originally started with Bethany due to a friend having an old name tag of same, was being a tour guide for a haunted house at the time. Shortened it to Beth, now short for Elizabeth.

Sandra
07-11-2007, 03:41 AM

peace

jaye

Know need to re register just pm any super moderator or any of admin.

Sheri 4242
07-11-2007, 04:00 AM
Jayedude (and anyone else who asked):

I recently changed my username on here and it was easy. Just PMed a moderator and said what I wanted to do, and >>> ZAP <<< it was done!!!

BTW, I started out as Barbara 4242, but am now Sheri 4242 (Sheri was taken).

I have always felt like my femme name was "Sheri" -- short for Sherilyn. This dates back to my childhood -- I just felt like my femme side was named Sheri and, to the best of my recollections, I didn't know anybody named Sheri (by any spelling). When I signed on here, my wife and I were being overly cautious b/c of a problem she had on a "supposed" GG support forum where there was NO support, just bashing. We decided to go with different names until we were certain this forum wasn't associated with the other one I am speaking of. It isn't -- that became clear, especially since there are supportive GG's here -- on the other site, my wife was one of three (count 'em 1-2-3 - three) GG's who was accepting and supportive. The mili-second any of these three said anything positive, they were pounced upon like you wouldn't believe.

Anyway, just pick a moderator and PM them!!! (And, let us know. It isn't always as clear as you'd think. Someone just PM'ed me two days ago to say they just had realized I was originally Barbara.)

Sugar
07-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks for all the help girl's:happy:

Hi Sheri!!:thumbsup:

jaye

Rachel75
07-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Rachel just felt right. It just seems to fit me more than any other name (including my real name).

Sugar01
07-12-2007, 02:45 AM
You're very welcome, "Sugar".

Maybe Cindi and I should get together.

:winking:

sweet_tina
07-12-2007, 04:52 AM
I have to agree with Rachel. Tina just seemed right, right from the start. It just fitted me and suited me and sounded right. never been anyone else :la:

Katie Moore
07-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm leaning towards Kate or Katie

LilSissyStevie
07-12-2007, 10:31 PM
It's what my mother still calls me after 52 years. Only when she says it with her Southern accent it sounds more like Stayvey.