PDA

View Full Version : In a deep Funk

Ronnie
07-11-2007, 07:11 AM
I been away from here for quite a while. I find now that it was a mistake to isolate myself so much. I have been in a loooong depression about a lot of things in my life. I'm too fat, I'm too tall, I'll never be able to make my first coming out date that I had set as a goal for my self....My life just sucks. I have been afraid to take necessary steps to change myself to who I feel I should be.

This morning when I woke up, I logged in here and read a few post. I was suprised how much better they made me feel(though I'm still a bit down). I still have lots of time left on my time-table that I have made. My boss, She is studying to be a life coach and the only one of my friends that know about my disire, Says that I should put something so major on a time-table. I should just let it come naturally.

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever felt this way when they were prepare for a major life change such as living full time a a woman? How did you pull yourself out? Did anyone put themselves on a Time-table for the big change?

I'm just looking for a little guidance.

Thanks, you are all sweethearts,
Ronnie

Marla S
07-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Maybe you don't need a time table, but you should start somewhere.
According to my expereinces to deal with this issues needs a lot of practical practice. You can't resolve the problems only by theory.

Just start somewhere, and if ti is only a small step. Learn from it and go the next step. Some things will start to evolve naturally without doing much, others will make you rethink a few things.

It is a challange, it is sometimes risky, but you always will stay it the valley if you don't do the frist step to climb the mountain. The next step will follow, you need to rest sometimes somewhere, you might have to change the route, but there is a way to the top ... a challanging and sometimes risky one.

Give your self time, but walk.

Calliope
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Give your self time, but walk.

Diet.

What could be more "fem" than taking on hunger to look better?

Works for me, anyway.

Kate Simmons
07-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Just a thought Ronnie but why does anything need to "change" really? You are who you are as a person, no? Just curious.:happy:

Danielle1960
07-12-2007, 07:01 AM
I find myself in a similar situation. Life doesn't allow me to indulge very much and I have many responsibilities (like we all do), so I find being down happens. But then I remember back before I discovered this part of my self and I was in the same boat. I think that you should eliminate the time tables they are just unneeded hurdles. Hang up the calendar and start marking each day you feel good and why. (a little trick a psychologist told me) We all get down on ourselves very hard and don't give credit for all the good things. Since I've started this I find that there are allot of good things going on in your life to be proud of and happy about. No need to mark or write down things on the bad days because they'll (unfortunately) stand out like a sore thumb.

Anyway it is the small successes that help us get on top so try keep them in front (mentally) and it will help you alot.

Hope this helps some.
Danielle

melissaK
07-12-2007, 09:04 AM
And being one who finds any manner of distraction to keep from making life changes, I offer no advice on that front. But, for general mental health, I do better if I stay connected with these forums or any other support group. When I start soloing I end up with problems, i.e. depression, and for me, dissociative moments. If I stay in touch here - I stay in touch with who I am. I guess you could call it staying grounded?

Hugs,
'lissa