PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hairstyle/ French Braid?

sarah378619
07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I love the french braid. When i had grown my hair for three years I started to dress my hair femanine. I tried the bun,three strand braid,updo's but always liked the french braid. Just wondering what your favorites are and if you can style a wig like your own hair?
Sarah

Michelle S
07-11-2007, 05:46 PM
I'll have to try it!
http://www.ehow.com/how_17115_french-braid-hair.html

Cristi
07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
In most respects, I am a very dexterous person... but I just CAN'T manage to learn how to braid my own hair or do anything more complex than pull it into a ponytail.

When trying to braid it, I get 2-3 'moves' in and my fingers just get confused. I start pulling the wrong bunches of hair in the wrong directions, etc. The few times my wife has braided mine, I've enjoyed it. And when she braids it when it is wet, it retains a nice curl when it dries and I take the braids out.

I am jealous every time see a woman or, worse yet, young girl who is able to braid her own hair in no time at all. :(

Dutchgal
07-11-2007, 10:28 PM
I love the french braid. When i had grown my hair for three years I started to dress my hair femanine. I tried the bun,three strand braid,updo's but always liked the french braid. Just wondering what your favorites are and if you can style a wig like your own hair?
Sarah
Mine is the "Dutch braid" - imagine a French braid, but instead of the hair "over" the braid, in the dutch the braid is over the hair.

- Dutchgal
(and now you know...)

Country girl
07-11-2007, 10:45 PM
I love wearing mine down just like in my avatar. I have long layered thick Auburn hair. My 16 year old though has super thick gorgeous long blond hair that is to her waist. She loves for me to wet french braid it in two braids down her back. Then when we take it out a couple days later it is in beautiful waves and ringlets. I'll see if I can post a pic in a day or two, but no promises! :hugs: CG GG

nephthyr
07-13-2007, 04:21 AM
I think I just developed a hair fetish!

SabrinaDubh
07-14-2007, 09:03 AM
I always loved th eBetty Page do. Had it for years even in boy mode (I just said I ws going for the Joey Ramone look). My bangs have since grown out but I am looking forward to having a feminine hairstyle again.