PDA

View Full Version : Wierd CD behaviour

angelfire
07-11-2007, 10:50 PM
I find it strange. I love shopping for clothes, mostly panties, but I get very nervous doing so. I guess that is part of the thrill. Anyway, to me, it seems like I am almost more obsessed with buying panties than I am with wearing them. I'll go out, buy some panties, come home, try them on, love them, then not dress again for a week or 2, then want to go shopping again, but not want to wear what I already have. It really seems like I am more obsessed with the shopping aspect than the actual dressing, which is not a good thing for my bank account.

Is anyone else in the same boat (or close)?

SatinDoll00
07-12-2007, 12:02 AM
I went through the same thing about 2-3 years ago. I had just gotten divorced, and it was the first time in my life that I was able to actually own my own lingerie and clothing. I think it was the newness of it all...but I was outright obsessed with 'collecting'.

Now, after being re-married, I am shopping again, but in secret. My "collection" has improved if not increased. I now put more thought into what I buy, as in...what do I already have that matches, etc.

Needless to say, finding funds that I can divert to my little hobby makes shopping less frequent...but I do try and maximize my dollar.

I love shopping! Nothing beats the feeling of driving home with new 'goodies'. I can never get home fast enough!!! :)

Morgan

Daintre
07-12-2007, 12:36 AM
I admit that I do the same thing, I buy look at what I have bought, put it away and then a week later I am out buying the same thing....usually lingerie.

I really do like the thrill of shopping for lingerie far more than wearing it...it is enough to know I have it.

RobertaFermina
07-12-2007, 12:37 AM
I am shameless about the thrills of shopping. The dresses, they sing to me, they serenade me with their come-hither colors and textures.

I love looking at a rack of dresses that seems all drab and unattractive and then I catch a glimpse of a cuff or hem sticking out between two other dresses and it is like a swatch of technicolor sticking out in a field of grey.

I love the way clothes "pick me."

I love the feeling of "I MUST have it." I love the feeling of "You're MINE!"

Sometimes I won't wear what I've bought for weeks or months, but I have the comfort of knowing that the "holes" in my wardrobe are shrinking....I'm ready for almost any occasion.

:rose: Thrift Princess Power Shopper :rose:

rrod
07-12-2007, 12:42 AM
I get the same feelings. I almost get more turned on getting my bras and panties then I do wearing them. Im not sure why, I think it is just because it feels more wrong to be in public doing something out of the norm. When Im alone and dressing up it still feels like Im doing something wrong but no one knows what Im doing. I like the feeling I get when people look at me knowing what Im going to do with what Im getting.

Shannonangora
07-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Did that with angora, i have more angora than most would have in a lifetime.But now its turning to makeup and the hair, always has to be the hair in the end.I'm sure some of you could relate.Mmm panties just might be:eek: next

Sheri 4242
07-12-2007, 01:28 AM
It really seems like I am more obsessed with the shopping aspect than the actual dressing . . . (i)s anyone else in the same boat (or close)?

The responses you are getting seems to indicate that there are a number of different reasons. One poster indicated that it was the "shock value" (my words, not hers, but still that was what they were, in essence, saying).

Another indicated they had a "KITCS" period. For anybody who is new to this term, which I wouldn't think would be many, "KITCS" stands for "Kid In The Candy Store." It is, more or less, a phenomenon CDers often go through, especially when they are newly free to shop as they desire -- like when coming out to a wife, getting a green light, then going crazy shopping. It hurts one's bank account, it often results in buying more than is reasonable -- you buy so much you can't possibly expect to wear it all -- I know of several who have experienced this phase, and while they eventually wore much of what they bought, they still had a lot of clothes with the tags still on them. Another thing to be wary of when in KITCS mode is it can cause a problem with a wife -- she's realistically looking at the family budget, wanting to buy herself some clothes, and here you are with a male wardrobe and a female wardrobe -- and going crazy with the latter.

Still another poster seemed to indicate an OCD-type condition where it was more important than wearing their purchases to think their wardrobe through and make purchases to complete matching sets. Interesting!

Ah, Roberta . . . how I have had a dress or skirt, or pair of shoes, "call to me." I know exactly what you mean and you expressed it so very well, although I think others might not quite get it to have such a connection with clothing. I get it and have been right there with you!!!

Sheri

Deanna2
07-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Ahhhh shopping - such sweet pleasure!

BarbaraTalbot
07-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Barbara's Shopping addiction is on temporary hiatus. I have come to realize that with the help of my suportive GG I already have more clothes than I can seem to get off the floor and hung up.

When I was in deep denial, and my GG was more comfortable with being showered with gifts from Fredrick's and Victoria's Secret, I LOVED browsing. I would browse and browse and fondle fabrics until I started feeling like a lech, then I'd grab something and fumble to the register.

I think the wedding band was kind of my ticket to enter those stores guilt free. Before that I used to pas them again and again,. security mustve had fun watching me stalk the display dummies.

Phyliss
07-12-2007, 03:22 AM
:drool: shopping :drool: Did somebody say :drool: shopping :drool: ???

I so well understand the "Siren Song" of clothing. My usual answer to the S.A. s question of "May I help you?" is,...."Just listening for something to say to me, Take me home, I'm yours"

As to the original question of "obsession about more shopping than wearing"
I can relate to this also. (KITCS) I like that. I, buy clothes because I can. Not so much that I "need something to wear" but rather that I can buy something. New found mental freedom and lack of fear, have almost been the death of my credit card. :heehee: I have this idea that I should be thought of as a "regular customer". Wouldn't want the S.A. s to not know me. Knowing there is such a high "turnover rate" in retail I just have to go to the stores almost on a weekly basis.

satinjackie
07-12-2007, 03:48 AM
i love to shop for all things feminine, from womens magazines, lingerie, kotex to bridesmaids gowns. Also love the thrill of carrying womens magazines and womens bags in public as i shop too!

Angie G
07-12-2007, 04:31 AM
Angel start dressing hun :hugs:
Angie

Kate Simmons
07-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Well, the clothes can "sing" to me all they want. Being retired and on a fixed pension income, I just cannot go buying new stuff all the time, especially after one use. I figure that's what washing machines and dryers are for. Not only that but by doing laundry and having nice fresh clothes, it's more in harmony what being a homemaker is all about. Not that it's limited to women(being a home maker) but being well rounded never hurts, not to mention after washing stuff, it tends to get rid of all the chemical odors of new clothes.;):battingeyelashes:

Karren H
07-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah your wierd all right!! :D. Sometimes I think I'm more adicted to shopping for womens clothes than wearing them although I tell you yesterday's enfemme shopping at Kohl's was the best!! Spent an hour trying on skirts and dresses and heels and hats and looking at everything fem in the store.. Even spent some time in the lingerie dept but all those rows of panties and bras didn't really do anything for me at all...

Now call me wierd but I'm not obsessed with any one particular item.. Its the total package.. And the devils in the details.. Pins and hats and scarves.... Belts.... The little things that complete the presentation!!

But still... I could have spent the rest of the afternoon trying on dresses... Till they kicked me out!! And I do tha a lot in male or female mode... Can't believe they don't charge money to do that!! Lol. Its better than an amusment park and its free!! Hehe

Love Karren