PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Jobs

Stephenie S
07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Last night I saw the episode of "The World's Dirtiest Jobs" where the host discovers a underdresser on a cement job.

I had heard about this episode a while ago but not seen it. I guess last night was a rerun.

Anyway, on the jobsite, laying down concrete, the worker in question bends over to show the host the results of some back surgery and displays a nice bright red or pink thong. Lovely. The host says something about being on national TV or something. The workman seems un-perturbed. The host says something to the boss about it and is told that no one gives a s**t because the man is such a hard worker, and who cares anyway.

Later the worker takes off his workboots to display nicely painted toenails and toe rings.

I relate this incident not for it's titilating component, but to illustrate that it's really a non-issue these days. Almost everyone now knows someone who is CD or TG or TS now. I find this is my own life quite often. Many times after explaining my TG issues with a new person, I will say something like, "Well, now you can tell your husband/ friends/ SO/ whatever, that you had a new experience today and met your first TS." I often get the response of, "Well actually I already know someone else who CDs/ TG/ TS."

There is more and more attention being paid to us out there in the general population and media. We are being noticed and the reality is MOST PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE.

Take heart all. The world may be changing yet.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Paulacder
07-13-2007, 02:52 PM
I seen a episode where a cement worker took off his boot and reveiled painted toe nails and a toe ring. Then the Host made the comment that this is a family show.

trannie T
07-13-2007, 08:48 PM
If you're going to get outed you might as well do it on national TV. Next we'll see a maggot farmer in a teddy.

Stephenie S
07-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes Paula, that was the same show. The pink thong came a bit earlier, same guy.

Stephie

Katrina
07-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Yes Paula, that was the same show. The pink thong came a bit earlier, same guy.

Stephie

It was "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe. I didn't think it was the same guy showing the painted nails as the thong guy. The painted toes guy was the foreman and the other guy was a regular worker as far as I can remember.

SandyR
07-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Sorry I missed that one.

SandyR

AmberTG
07-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Sounds like the only one who had a problem with it was the host of the show. Somehow, that figures.

Katrina
07-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Actually, Mike was a little taken aback, but didn't care otherwise. He just told the guy, you know this show is on "national" tv, right?

uknowhoo
07-14-2007, 02:30 PM
If you're going to get outed you might as well do it on national TV. Next we'll see a maggot farmer in a teddy.

No way!!! :eek: They told me they were gonna edit that part out!!!! :Angry3:

:tongueout

breannia
07-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Well what would everyone like to see a man bending over a showing a bit of thong or crack ( crack kills )

occdresser
07-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I happened to be surfing the tv that day also and I saw it to!:) I think people are accepting it more!:D