PDA

View Full Version : another step forward

Victoria Anne
07-13-2007, 12:57 PM
This week has seen a few new steps forward for me. I went for the first appt. with a gender therapist and as I usually do I am early,what to do ? I was 2 hours early ! well I plucked up my courage and went to a nail salon I had seen along the way. I went in and got a manicure and a pedicure, not new for me to do this but what was, I got color !, no odd looks , the lady( a young woman ) took me over to all the different polish and she helped me select a color, a nice light shade of pink. Now after going home I had to go to verizon to pick up a battery cover and when there I saw a cute little boutique,I went in and bought a dress for my wife and one for my daughter. The SA was very nice and then I did it (I was in drab) I asked her to help me find a dress for myself ! she smiled, we talked a while and she helped me find a really nice dress. I had a wonderful time. I am out on the road now but when I get back home again I will take some pics and post them.

KandisTX
07-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Wonderful... that sounds like the kind of day I have not had in a LONG time. ;) Good job hon.

Kandis:love:

Victoria Anne
07-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Kandis it was wonderful to sit there with the GG's getting my nails painted even had one lady talk with me about it and it was a real nice time,looking forward to the next visit,think I will go with a darker red for the toes.

KandisTX
07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I have gone with GlitterGG and had a mani/pedi when she was getting her fill done. In fact SHE ORDERED me to go get them done. Our daughter even suggested that I get color on my toes (this was before she knew about Kandis). So I got my toes done, alternating purple and red colors. The ladies in the salon don't usually say anything, but then since I don't speak Vietnamese I doubt I would understand them if they did.

Kandis:love:

JoAnnDallas
07-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Victoria.......sounds like you had a great time. I always get my toes polished when I go for a pedicure. This last time, I even had my tech polish my nails with a sutle Pink polish. No one had noticed that my nails are a little more Pinkish than normal. LOL The outfit in my avatar, I bought at Walmart while in drab. I got the skort, matching top, new earrings, new watch, new neckless, and a couple of other items, walked up to checkout and the girl that checked me out did not bat an eye. She did comment that the skirt was nice and I told her it was a skort. She lifted the helm and saw the shorts and was impressed. It does look like a skirt. LOL
I have now been shoe shopping en fem and it is so much fun being out and about dressed. Either I was passing or no one seem to care how I was dressed. I went to a 7/11 store, bought a bottle of water, and even had to stand in line.
I can see you had a lot of fun. Hope you enjoyed it all.