PDA

View Full Version : Truecare Breast Form review-long post

Sedona
07-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi all,

At the suggestion of another member on the Clothing forum, I just bought some of these. Check out the website at truekare.com

As it was payday, and the prices are cheap (under 100 bucks a pair), I popped for the 313s and the 314s (basically size S and M).

I already own some Amoena attachables, along with a couple of others (hey, the right "rack" for the right outfit right?) so I wasn't expecting much, due to the price.

Basically, they're attachable via a sticky back that seems identical to what's on a nubra. Out of the box, the material is quite soft. They feel identical in terms of softness to the transform full ovals you'll find at places like thebreastformstore. They're much softer than cheap triangles that I bought a few years ago (can't remember the vendor). The Truekare is not as soft as the Amoena Tria though, but it's in the ballpark.

The surface is on the shiny side, but I don't really care about that, as the forms are hidden under a bra or top.

After shaving up, and cleaning with rubbing alcohol (ouch), I stuck them on, making sure to give them a couple of minutes to fully adhere. Overall, they feel fantastic, and adhered well. But, be warned that you'll probably not be able to go braless (your skin may allow you to however). After about a 1/2 hour with just a light tank, they started to peel away a bit, so I went with a bra and had no problems at all. The Amoena attachables stick on better, and with a good skin prep, I can go braless for long periods with a size 9 Amoena if I don't sweat too much.

They come with a very flimsy piece of plastic as a backing, if you want to use them in a traditional way, unstuck. It's be nice if the maker provided a few extra backers.

As far as sizing, I think the 314s (medium) is best for me, but I've got a pretty big frame. The 314s will fill up a 38c full cup bra nicely. I think the 313s will be perfect for most (fills a 36C bra well) and I plan on using them as bra filler for my low cut bras when I'm creating cleavage with the nubra. I haven't seen the 315s yet, but may spring for a set of these for those Big Rack outfits.

BTW, the truekare forms adhere to the nubra gel, but I haven't played around with this too much yet. I'm sure I'll post pix this fall when I do a photo shoot.

Cheers!

Rachana
07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the review. I agree with all of it. I have 313s and I love them and they are cheap.

Sedona
07-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Rachana,

Yes, they are cheap. I should have summed it up at the end of the intro post:

Because of the versatility and quality of the material, these are the best forms out there for the money!

uknowhoo
07-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Hiya Sedona, and thanx for the post. These sound like a great alternatice to my regular forms from the BFS, for occasional use. I think I'll buy a pr of 313's for when I don't want to quite as large. Tough to go wrong fot that money. ;) Thanx again. xoxo Tammi

Sedona
07-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Hiya Sedona, and thanx for the post. These sound like a great alternatice to my regular forms from the BFS, for occasional use. I think I'll buy a pr of 313's for when I don't want to quite as large. Tough to go wrong fot that money. ;) Thanx again. xoxo Tammi

Good luck Tammi, I think you'll like them.

Cheers,

bobi jean
07-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Purchased a pair of the 315 about 4 months ago. They truely are wonderful feeling but I find they are a bit large for most common usage. Just ordered a pair of the triangles. will let you know how the are when I try them on.
Absolutely love the 315's except for the size (but that was my fault from the start) you know how us girls are when it come to our breasts, well, some of us anyway...........

bobi jean
07-19-2007, 03:13 PM
In response, I have owned a pair of the 315's for quite some time. Have decided they were to large for most applications so decided to try a pair of the triangle. Recieved them today and at taking a very large chance of getting caught, I CAN'T TAKE THEM OUT OF MY BRA......... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. EVEN WENT TO LUNCH WITH THEM IN. IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR NEW BOOBS,, TRUEKARE.COM IS THE PLACE TO SHOP.