PDA

View Full Version : hi - how do we change the gender?

kittu_80
07-14-2007, 02:31 PM
hi friends.how do we change the gender.any recomanded hospital.

Shelly Preston
07-14-2007, 02:48 PM
There are a lot of factors that go into choosing a hospital not just personal recommendation

The cost factor, The quality of surgeon are only two things to consider

The most important thing is making sure its the correct thing to do and its a long road before that decision can be made

Sharon
07-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow, what a difficult question to answer!

I'm ignorant about the policy in your country, but, in the United States it is a long and complicated route to changing genders. Before even considering hospitals and surgeons, we need to spend time seeing gender therapists, usually two or three, who not only diagnose us as transsexual, but are willing to state so in a letter to an endocrinologist or other medical doctors who then may prescribe hormones and related medications. Only after being on supervised hormone therapy for a minimum of six months to a year, is it possible to schedule surgery.

I suggest you do a websearch and try to find out what the policies are in your country. There are no safe shortcuts, and I don't think I would consider them if there were. You would also do well to find local support groups so you can meet others who are in the process or have already completed the physical transition. In a country as large as yours, there must be some within a reasonable distance from your home.

Good luck!

ashlee chiffon
07-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Go online and their are lots of Transsexual sites that have links to info on what hospitals,doctors,costs, implications, and complications, etc. you'll ever want to know...
Most doctors require you live as a woman for at least a year prior to the operation, and during that time you can consider breast augmentation,laser hair removal, trachea shaving, facial bone restructure,varioius types of feminizing plastic surgery,financial considerations *costs Lots of money*, etc...
But having it done in Thailand is considerably cheaper then the states if that is a consideration for you!
Hope it works out well for you!
ciao!

Stephenie S
07-14-2007, 11:48 PM
hi friends.how do we change the gender.any recomanded hospital.

Honey, you don't choose a hospital, you choose a doctor. The doctor uses the hospital where he has privileges (where he is permitted to operate). This is the way it works in the US, and most other countries.

You have a long way to go before you need to think about this. This site will give you much information . Read and learn.

Stephenie