PDA

View Full Version : Transphobic/anti CD Club in St. Louis Mo.

Stlalice
07-14-2007, 03:01 PM
It is really sad to find in this day and age to find a supposedly LGBT friendly club that has a policy of barring CD's and Transgender people. Spread the word - this place does not deserve our or any LGBT patronage. See the full article in the link below. What really pisses me off is that a local TS woman that we all call "Grandma" has had her name dragged into this article - she transitioned back when such was unheard of and has more courage than anyone I know - and my respect as well - that is adding insult to injury.

http://www.thevitalvoice.com/cgi-script/csArticles/articles/000019/001956.htm

celeste26
07-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Seems the club has a policy against crossdressing so why would you want to go there in the first place. If its a matter of state law and they fear law enforcement action then they have the right to this policy as unfortunate as it may be to the CD's.

Just find another club to go to and spend your money elsewhere. Truth is if they lose a lot of money because people just dont go there anymore then they might open up the policy. Until that time though just take your money elsewhere.

Stlalice
07-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Call it what you like - but consider this - how would YOU feel if a local LGBT club in your area pulled this stunt? Consider this - no other club in the St. Louis area has such a policy to my knowledge. This is pulling the scab off of a wound and exposing an attitude towards TG folk that is far to common in the LGBT community as a whole. Ugly? No doubt about it. Sadly, I doubt that such is an uncommon problem. I don't care what you call it - discrimination is wrong. :eek:

MarinaTwelve200
07-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't know===It IS a club, after all. I wouldnt want to be in a club that wouldnt have me as a member ;)---nor insist they take me

If anything I think that they do us a favor and demonstrate to the public that we CDs are not in the same "group" with GAYS after all.

Its MY opinion that most CD Bashing by the public is really "gay bashing" by the ignorant that dont know better. I think we would be treated better IF CDs were not associated in the general public mind with gays.

Marla S
07-14-2007, 04:55 PM
L G B T

Which character doesn't fit in ?

These club owners are idiots, but what happened 'bears' logic. It's a club, and it seemingly is a bear's club, not even a LGB club.

I wonder that people wonder.

Toyah
07-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Ok for us UK girls you are talking in code didnt understand any of it:(

Stlalice
07-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Fair enough Toyah,

What this shows is a "dirty little secret" of the LGBT community. Bad enough that we in the trans community have to deal with hate/prejudice in the so called "straight" community. Transgender folks also have to live with the same attitudes within the LGBT community - unless of course the LGB part of the community wants or needs our support for "equality". Sort of reminds me of the story of the the farmer and the mouse - the farmer bought a mouse trap and the mouse cried out about it to the other animals on the farm. The chicken, the pig and the cow all said "It's not my problem!" - but when the trap caught a snake that bit the farmers wife the first to go was the chicken - we all know that chicken soup is good for what ails you. Then the pig was slaughtered to feed the people taking care of the farmers wife. Then when she died the cow was slaughtered to feed the mourners. All while the mouse watched. The whole point of this post is that discrimination is WRONG. You may think that this doesn't mean anything to you - at least until it reaches out and hits you - and then it may well be too late. :2c:

trannie T
07-14-2007, 06:05 PM
There must be a LBGT organization in a town the size of St Louis. Complain to them and let it be known how this establishment discriminates against us. I have no idea about Missouri discrimination laws, you might check the Attorney General's office.

As we are the victims of discrimination we should be careful that we do not discriminate against others.

Marla S
07-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Stlalice, you are absolutely right: Descrimination is wrong.

But do we really talk about discrimination here ?

What about a CD or TS that is not allowed to enter the golf course or the bowling alley in heels ?

Is this discrimination or do we talk about a dress code of a club or closed society.

If we talk about clubs, than we have to admit that almost any club is elitist.
Being elitist means to exclude certain people or at least it means some are more welcome than others. You can call this discrimintation, and it is sort of.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to defend these JJ's idiots, and you are probably right that they are transphobic, but I think all could be based on the wrong assumption that this JJ's is a LGBT club.

Toyah
07-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I agree wholly that discrimination is wrong but I dont know what LGBT is ????

Marla S
07-14-2007, 06:22 PM
I agree wholly that discrimination is wrong but I dont know what LGBT is ????
L esbian
G ay
B isexual
T ransgendered

Jenna Lynne
07-14-2007, 06:22 PM
It is really sad to find in this day and age to find a supposedly LGBT friendly club that has a policy of barring CD's and Transgender people.
I'm not a St. Louis person, but I question why you're calling it "a supposedly LGBT friendly club." Did anybody ever say it was? Assuming that all gay bars are automatically "LGBT friendly" looks like a leap of faith -- and now you're upset because your faith was not borne out by the facts.

I guess I feel both ways about this. On the one hand, it would be sweet if everyone in the community could stick together. Discrimination of any kind hurts! On the other hand, I think everyone has (or should have) a right to associate with people that they feel "at home" with, and that includes butch gay men.

If you were dressed in motorcycle gang regalia, would you be made welcome at a Baptist picnic? Probably not.

Usually people get asked to leave when they're perceived as a threat. It would appear the club owner feels his patrons would be threatened by crossdressers. Maybe that's because the guys are all busy acting tough and hiding their own femininity. Maybe educating them and helping them be more comfortable would be a good tactic.

Or maybe negotiate with the club owner for a regular "Monday night glamor and glitter" event.

***Jenna***

Toyah
07-14-2007, 06:28 PM
L esbian
G ay
B isexual
T ransgendered

Thanks for that hun hmmm I argued that I am not transgendered and I still think thats a valid opinion but this does seem a bit harsh on those who would like a safe haven

Marla S
07-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks for that hun hmmm I argued that I am not transgendered and I still think thats a valid opinion but this does seem a bit harsh on those who would like a safe haven

Usually I don't get your "transgender-phobia", but this time ...

I don't like that LGBT grouping ... seems arbitrary to me.

What about LGBTSTFEHOWMetc ?

Toyah
07-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Usually I don't get your "transgender-phobia", but this time ...

I don't like that LGBT grouping ... seems arbitrary to me.

What about LGBTSTFEHOWMetc ?

Wow thats total Chinese
I dont have a phobia and agree it applies to some here but is not a generic description. It implies tendancies towards TS which is fine by me but does not apply to me. There is not a description that can completly describe us apart from Transvestite or Crossdresser by literal definition (not by mafia re definition )those who wear the clothes of the opposite sex

Marla S
07-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Wow thats total Chinese
Good language skills are worth a lot.

Toyah
07-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Good language skills are worth a lot.
I do get a bit miffed by these short cuts unless you are in the know then you have no way of understanding its like a clique

Marla S
07-14-2007, 07:02 PM
There is not a description that can completly describe us apart from Transvestite or Crossdresser by literal definition (not by mafia re definition )those who wear the clothes of the opposite sex
There you have it: opposite sex = trans gender

LGBTSTFEHOWMetc = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Short, Tall, Fetishsist, Ethnic, Handicapped, Old, Women, Men, etc.

The only things all these groups have in common is that they are more or less discriminated, don't have equal rights and opportunities and usually segregate from each other, except for those individuals that belong to two or more groups ... they become confused.

Stlalice
07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Marla,

Some of those ( LGBTSTFEHOWMetc ?) - even I who some call an activist would have trouble deciphering that one! Call me "Old Fashioned" if you will- I'm just a country girl who happened to grow up in a male body. But, looking down on or discriminating against somebody is flat out wrong! This club is supposedly a place where gay men are welcome. But a gay TRANSMAN is not allowed in? I may be an MTF transwoman - but I know many of and respect my FTM brothers who are going the other way. There is no way that I can or will accept a bullshit story from the people who run that place. I'm sorry if I've offended you or anyone else on this board - but this is way too close to home for me to do otherwise. Please bear with me. :2c:

Marla S
07-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Marla,

Some of those ( LGBTSTFEHOWMetc ?) - even I who some call an activist would have trouble deciphering that one! Call me "Old Fashioned" if you will- I'm just a country girl who happened to grow up in a male body. But, looking down on or discriminating against somebody is flat out wrong! This club is supposedly a place where gay men are welcome. But a gay TRANSMAN is not allowed in? I may be an MTF transwoman - but I know many of and respect my FTM brothers who are going the other way. There is no way that I can or will accept a bullshit story from the people who run that place. I'm sorry if I've offended you or anyone else on this board - but this is too close to home for me to do otherwise. Please bear with me. :2c:
Stlalice

First off you offended noone.:hugs:
Second, I appreciate your engagement and I am not in the position to lay it on you.
Third, I partly might have got hold of the wrong end of the stick. :straightface:I appologize. You are right that it is plain wrong and a discrimination to send a transman away.

These repeated LG TG mixing lately confused me (to say the least) and probably the LGBT label you brought up blinded me a bit.

But if it would have needed a proof this story tells me that LGB are not the natural confederates for TG folks like this label suggests.
Both groups (or all four) have their specific problems, their specific point of view and their specific concerns.
And like a lot of us TG folks feels misunderstood when the first label we get is gay, the homosexual folks might fear to be confused with TG folks and feels misunderstood too.
I think we should consider this.

Stlalice
07-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Marla,

I accept your feelings on this - there are a great many misunderstandings on both sides of the question. And that is the problem. There are many groups in the LGBT community and each attaches different meanings to the same terms. The best we can hope for is that despite those problems and misunderstandings that when it counts we will speak with one voice. At least I hope so. It looks like interesting times ahead and I'm happy to have you along for the ride. :hugs:

Kitty Sue
07-14-2007, 09:10 PM
This is sad. Interestingly I have had more problems with gay people then I have straight people about my CDing. In fact last year one gay guy told me last year that a guy dressing as a woman was disgusting. Still I guess there are closed minded people everywhere.

Samantha B L
07-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi Stlalice, I grew up in the Madison County Area in Illinois about a half an hour's drive from St. Louis. Don't get me wrong,St. Louis is a cool city which has just about everything that any other big city has. When I was starting to dress I spent a lot of fun hours at Jamestown Mall,Riverroads,St.Clair Square and Alton Square. Much to my annoyance I eventually found out that St. Louis City has a strange law on the books which I think goes back like 75 years and they were still busting people for this once in awhile in the 80's. The law has to do with persons of male gender wearing "female attire" or any "clothing item that can be identified as female in nature". You can go to jail for a few weeks for this or be fined a few hundred dollars. They hardly ever bust people for this but when they do I think they send 'em to Christian Northwest Hospital for a "Transexual Operation". At least they were still doing this in 1989. This may be just fine for some people. But it gives me the shivers because I'm CD and not TS. I live in the St. Paul/Minne.area nowadays and I haven't been in St.L. in years but you know,that club sounds like a real p--- in the a--! All tha Best,Samantha

Sharon
07-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm wondering if they bar heterosexuals from the bar. If a homosexual and heterosexual attempt to enter, and it it somehow understood that one of the people isn't gay, would that person not be admitted to the bar anyway? If so, and if they only bar transsexuals, then the policy of this establishment is dead wrong. If it is run as a private club, and it is understood and stated that only homosexuals are allowed in, with the exception, apparently, of homosexual TG's, then there isn't much to do about it -- as long as it's a written and openly displayed policy.

I find it curious that they allow transpeople in four times a year -- at Pridefest and other popular gatherings. Apparently they only hold to this policy when there are not so many dollars affected by the decision.

I'm just sorry that I'm not close enough to SL so I could stand outside with a protest sign. Bigotry is wrong no matter who it is.

Sheri 4242
07-14-2007, 09:44 PM
A weighty problem!

On one side of the coin, the noted Missouri statute, "if" it can be interpreted as stated, would be discriminitory -- it would deny a Constitutionally protected right, in re freedom of expression (a form of free, albeit silent, speech). There are a number of ways that such a statute could be challenged based on fundamental personal liberties that are the hallmark of American jurisprudence! (As a sidebar, I can visualize the argument the state would make, but IMHO it would not be held to outweigh the individual's rights -- it is extremely rare for American courts to ever put prior restraints on free speech.)

Second, business owners do, themselves, have rights. Sometimes the right to "refuse service" is included and has been fairly consistently upheld as long as interstate commerce isn't involved.

Of course, all of this is presuming that everything was reported acurately! I am not familiar with that particular media outlet -- and I do wonder why the reporter didn't adrress Missouri law in a concise and informative manner.

All that said, this is difficult to discuss in a legalistic sense. Personally, I would come down on the side of those individuals being harrassed (or even barred entrance, etc.). Short, though, of (a.) an organized attempt to get the attention of the business owners via their wallets, and/or (b.) clarifying and enhancing the applicable Missouri statutes, it sounds like it is doomed, for the time being, to remain something that defies one's concept of a modern, progressive society!!!

gmss
07-14-2007, 10:16 PM
IMHO, all this does is show fragmentation of the LGBT community,

Whereas it should be clear that that the whole of the LGBT community has issues in common against the general community, it should be also clear that within the LGBT community itself, there are obvious issues that separate.

I suggest that it's only because of the growth of the club and as more people join, that the fragmenting begins.

Not unlike the growth of this very board creates tighter moderation and more forum boards created for increasing interest in more specific issues and topics.

I can understand the club's point, though I do not condone it. It seems it was/is a club that has become busier and busier. And the busier it gets, the more frequent the "misunderstandings" of gender type and therefore more problems.

And more, I think the fragmentation typically happens on visible lines.

@Sharon: Sure. What's easier to identify at the front door of a club - a guy who's gay, or a CD? The easier the ability to identify, the more likely it'll be a deciding factor. Since it's a LGBT friendly place, you might like to assume that all guys that walk in the door are G, but not necessarily so. A bouncer would spend much less time just stopping obvious guys that are T.

OTOH, if you walk into a club with the understanding that the clientele could be any one of GLB or T, then you should certainly know better than to assume anything that would get you into trouble.

And beyond that: all it really means is that you would really have to be able to pass good, in order to get in there.

I've seen a few people on this site that I think could walk in there whenever they want. :)

Stlalice
07-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Marla, Samantha BL, Sharon, Sheri, et all,

The main reason that I posted this is that it is a prime example of the discrimination that sometimes exists in the gay community over transgender issues. Mind you, I DO NOT paint the whole community with this stigma - far from it. Some of the best and most decent people I know are gay men and lesbian women - and I count them as friends. And they know and understand that we in the TG community have a really hard road to travel at times. But there are a few bad examples that give the rest a bad name - just like any community. I would merely ask any of you this favor - if you find an example of such behavior - shine the brightest light you can on it, shout it to the heavens - and maybe - just maybe we will make a difference. Thats all I or anyone can ask. :hugs:

Sharon
07-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Marla, Samantha BL, Sharon, Sheri, et all,

The main reason that I posted this is that it is a prime example of the discrimination that sometimes exists in the gay community over transgender issues. Mind you, I DO NOT paint the whole community with this stigma - far from it. Some of the best and most decent people I know are gay men and lesbian women - and I count them as friends. And they know and understand that we in the TG community have a really hard road to travel at times. But there are a few bad examples that give the rest a bad name - just like any community. I would merely ask any of you this favor - if you find an example of such behavior - shine the brightest light you can on it, shout it to the heavens - and maybe - just maybe we will make a difference. Thats all I or anyone can ask. :hugs:

I musn't write very clearly. I thought I was agreeing with you.

Stlalice
07-14-2007, 10:25 PM
I musn't write very clearly. I thought I was agreeing with you.

Sharon,

You were very clear - and I was in agreement with you. Thank you and God bless, :hugs:

Samantha Thomson
07-14-2007, 10:58 PM
i had a friend with a similar situwation but he got a lawyer and sued the bar that open there eyes fast money talks in the end the bar had to pay him almost 3 million in damages they have a different code know

samantha

Linda-x
07-14-2007, 11:19 PM
This is sad. Interestingly I have had more problems with gay people then I have straight people about my CDing. In fact last year one gay guy told me last year that a guy dressing as a woman was disgusting. Still I guess there are closed minded people everywhere.

Seems they just tolerate us, because they feel they have to ! I agree that the "T" does'nt belong in LGBT !

CaptLex
07-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Seems they just tolerate us, because they feel they have to ! I agree that the "T" does'nt belong in LGBT !
Using words like "them" and "us" doesn't help the situation. There's enough division, why not try to repair that instead of making it worse? We have to make sure everyone (straight, gay, bi, cisgendered) knows that the "T" is not silent (which is my group's motto, btw). :straightface:

sterling12
07-15-2007, 01:42 AM
Down here in St.Pete/Tampa, we have had a similar situation. After Amber sold The Famous Z-109 to the new owner, although he didn't immediately throw out The Gurl's, made it very uncomfortable and took away our little lounge.

Maybe it was coincidence maybe more, but the new Club went out of business very quickly within a couple of months. Since then, this same owner has opened a new Bar, (No, I can't figure out where he gets his money,) and has plainly stated to one and all No,TG,TS, CD allowed.

Understand that these are Gay Bars, and he has stated that he just doesn't want us around. It's fortunate, that we have other choices in the area, and there hasn't been much of a stink about it.

Usually, we get a tolerant to warm reception within The LGBT Community, but I think there is a lot of misunderstanding and sometimes prejudice against us. It may be a result of a lack of information. Remember, we haven't really done much to let the rest of The Community know who we are. My local Tri-ess Chapters are now reaching out to organizations like HRC and Equality Florida. So far the reception and acceptance have been exceptional. The main message has been, "We were waiting for you, what took you so long to appear?" Perhaps in the Future with more work on our part, these unfortunate situations might come to an end.

St. Louis is my Home Town, hope it gets better. Hope this was the exception.

Peace and Love, Joanie

loki_uk
07-15-2007, 04:12 AM

Ok some gay people dont understand it but I've never met any that didnt at least tolerate it perhaps you've been unlucky, if anything I've had more discriminate from TS people saying I make there life difficult by being a 'bloke in a dress'

I guess we all have different experiences in different locales

TG-Taru
07-15-2007, 04:18 AM
Of course discrimination is wrong.

But I do understand the GLB club point of view - they want a place where they know everybody is interested in the same sex. That's where T don't fit in, as a whole. Gay or Bi TS should logically be accepted, but non-gay CDs that clearly do not pass or any that do pass would cause GL incompatibility. The place is about sexuality, as we are about gender. It's about people and groups wanting a place of their own, just for them. In addition to places for everyone. But by that logic, all straight people regardless of clothing and appearance should be barred entry.

Standing together against discrimination is a different thing from a privately owned and run place for mating rituals. But yes, it should be clearly stated the place is meant for GLB only - without mentioning T specifically, and without being nasty about it.

Kate Simmons
07-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Bottom line to me is that this place is only hurting itself due to it's lack of accepting diversity.:rolleyes:

DianaGomez
07-15-2007, 09:24 PM
This would be funny if it werent pathetic. Straights discriminate against gays and they then turn around and discriminate against us? Give me a break! What we need are CD clubs, I personally dont enjoy the atmosphere at a gay club anyway. I'm not gay.

CaptLex
07-15-2007, 10:26 PM
This would be funny if it werent pathetic. Straights discriminate against gays and they then turn around and discriminate against us? Give me a break! What we need are CD clubs, I personally dont enjoy the atmosphere at a gay club anyway. I'm not gay.
And it seems some CDs discriminate against gays, so it comes full circle. Not all straights discriminate against gays, and not all gays discriminate against CDs, but there are always going to be people in every group that discriminate against those that are different from them, that's just a fact of life. But let's not add to that and make it worse. But that's not the point.

The point is that we shouldn't need clubs for every different type of people - all should be able to go wherever they want and get along with each other. I guess I'm just dreaming, huh?

livy_m_b
07-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Let's not make too much of this. This particular club has been known not to welcome t*s for years, and that fact doesn't mean that LGB&T don't have a lot of issues and a lot of political objectives in common. Before T was added to LGB, there were really no organizational outlets of any weight for T's to belong to. As others have said, if this club doesn't want T's, I'm pretty sure I don't want to be there either.

Sheri 4242
07-16-2007, 12:16 AM
The main reason that I posted this is that it is a prime example of the discrimination that sometimes exists in the gay community over transgender issues. {Emphasis added.}

Stlalice,

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I completely understand that you were talking about discrimination that "sometimes exists." And, like you, I have friends that are gay and lesbian, and the ones I know are good, decent people who understand the plight CDers go through and are quite supportive. The only bars/night clubs I have been to en femme were gay and/or lesbian bars -- and no'oooo problem -- especially with two lesbian bars in particular where, for the most part, it seemed I was more than welcome (maybe b/c everybody there knew I wasn't there to pick up and/or hit on their dates/gfs). That's been a number of years ago (in Atlanta primarily) and I don't even know if the bars I liked are still in business.

Anyway, my sole intent in my post was commentary on the legalistics. IMO, many (many but not all) on here that live in the States understand the basic concepts I was speaking to, nevertheless, there are many on here that don't live in the U.S., and don't understand our laws and jurisprudince system, so in part, what I said was for them. In part it was for our U.S. sisters, too, b/c it never hurts to clarify the legal issues we face. In the main, I was absolutely agreeing with you and understood where you were coming from!

Using words like "them" and "us" doesn't help the situation. There's enough division, why not try to repair that instead of making it worse? We have to make sure everyone (straight, gay, bi, cisgendered) knows that the "T" is not silent (which is my group's motto, btw). :straightface:

I like that -- the "t" not being silent!!! Great motto. I don't think that those who used "them" and "us" were deliberately being divisive and weren't really thinking of poitical correctness, just responding in a generalized manner. Of course I could be wrong -- that's why my wife bought me pencils with erasers :lol2: !!!

Maybe it was coincidence maybe more, but the new Club went out of business very quickly within a couple of months. Since then, this same owner has opened a new Bar, (No, I can't figure out where he gets his money,) and has plainly stated to one and all No,TG,TS, CD allowed.

Understand that these are Gay Bars, and he has stated that he just doesn't want us around. It's fortunate, that we have other choices in the area, and there hasn't been much of a stink about it.

Usually, we get a tolerant to warm reception within The LGBT Community, but I think there is a lot of misunderstanding and sometimes prejudice against us.

Sorry to hear about Z-109. I never made it there, but was hoping to -- but that hope was based on how I had heard it used to be. You'll have to PM me the names of other places I might go -- b/c next time I am there -- which I hope is soon -- after dinner at The Columbia in Ybor City (haven't been in way to'ooo long), I'm gonna want to go out -- been too long since I've been to, muchless partied in, Tampa/St. Pete!

Stlalice
07-16-2007, 05:30 AM
I'm glad that you like many here realize from my posts that the type of discrimination that I was writing about is mercifully rare. The vast majority of the Lesbian and Gay communities are sympathetic and support those of us in the Transgender community. Unfortunately it only takes a few bad apples to spoil things for the lot. What ticked me off most about this incident was its blatant nature and how long it has gone on. Thanks to all for listening. :2c:

Dasein9
07-16-2007, 05:59 AM
Just to clear something up: The establishment itself isn't a club, although it is a private business. There are three clubs that make their home at this bar, however.

So, essentially, a bar is denying service to customers based on gender orientation and presentation. While the bar certainly has the right to do so, it does not follow from that that it is right that it do so.

Brianna Lovely
07-16-2007, 06:46 AM
To my knowledge, in the US, there are really no laws against discriminating against TG people and very limited laws reguarding Gay people. (Think Marriage Amendments being pushed by the President)

As has been SHOUTED many times on this forum "I'M NOT GAY", so why anyone would think it strange, that a group of people, who do everything they can, to say how "straight" they are, would be rejected by Gay people.

Since there are no laws against discriminating against TG people, we have no rights. If you want to change things, get out of the closet and do something. Go to the local GLBT Center and help push for equal rights, don't vote for Marriage Amendment laws in your state. Write your political representatives and demand equal rights. Just a few things you can do.

Myself, I belonged to two Bear Groups, before I started dressing in public. Now, every month I attend the group meetings, wearing a skirt, lipstick and carrying a purse. (was given the nickname Goldie Locks, giggle)

When some Bear asks me why I'm dressed like a woman, I inform him that I'm a TG person, who is aware and accepting of both my female and male traits. That I like to feel pretty and I'm comfortable with who I am.

MsJanessa
07-16-2007, 07:21 AM
and for those readers who are not familiar with the "bear" movement, it refers to men who have a lot of body hair and beards and seem generally to be rather chunky in body build----not for Me--I prefer My partners to be smooth and sleek---preferably T girl crossdressers and that sort---if male then I prefer a more feminine look---with little or no body hair and no beards---but hey that's just Me --to each her own. Aside from the humialtion at being turned away at the door, I wouldn't have minded much---I'm sure there is nothing in that bar that interests Me. and BTW the manager/owner should be publicly whipped and castrated for blaming Missouri law for his own discriminatory policy--it is simply a bulls___t excuse for his own prejudice---the local GLBT should boycott the place until it goes out of business:dom:

sterling12
07-16-2007, 11:45 AM
As usual, I think Brianna covered it nicely. We now face the same hurdles that Black folks, Gays, Women, and others have faced. And she is also right, if we want to be accepted by others, we have to be more accepting.

If you don't like discrimination, get involved, get out and vote, let your representatives know that you want them to support laws that give us some small degree of protection.

Peace and Love, Joanie

RobertaFermina
07-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Seems like antipathy and ambivalence toward Transgender persons is being expressed from beneath the skirts of the Missouri Law.

On top of that cowardice, the interpretation of the law is specious.

What this article needed was the extra step of obtaining the opinion of a prosecutor from the county/state in question.

The Bar Owner obviously has a Gay Club, not an LGBT club.

:rose: Roberta :rose: