PDA

View Full Version : Canalfest, groceries, and a weird happening

Joyce1702
07-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Following on the heels of Friday night's band concert in the park, was Saturday's outing. I dressed in my new denim skort, an embroidered Tee with a chambray shirt over top and a pair of slides.

Each year they have Canalfest, at various spots along the old Erie Canal where remnants of the canal still remain. I went with a GG friend to Fort Hunter to the Schoharie Crossing. There are remains of an aquaduct here that carried the Erie Canal over the Schoharie Creek. They had live entertainment, crafts, food, displays, etc.

When we arrived we went to where a band was playing and sat down to watch them. Now here's the weird happening:

A woman came over and sat in front of us and says "Hiiiiii!". I assumed it was someone who knew my friend. The lady says to her, "Is this your friend Sharon?" while indicating me. My friend says, "No, this is Joyce.". The lady then goes on about, "That guy over there thinks he went to school with her and we have a $20. bet." Then she looks at me and asks, "You didn't go to Sharon Springs school?" I smiled and said no. Then she was gone.

Now in my mind, I think it was more likely that they had a bet on whether I was a man or not and she had the nerve to come over and check me out more closely. It kind of put a damper on my mood as I didn't want to be the center of anyone's attention. We watched the band awhile longer, then strolled around looking at other attractions, then left.

From there we went to a grocery store because I needed to pick up a few things, and it's so much more fun doing it in female mode. The store was fairly busy but everything went smoothly there. My friend left me to checkout alone so I didn't have her voice to rely on and had to speak to the cashier myself. No problems.

From there we swung through Wendy's for a couple of root beer floats and went to Johnson Hall Park to drink them and get some pics.

Overall it was another fun and successful outing. Pics will be posted in the gallery.

Joyce

Wenda
07-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Interesting, but you're right, it is a bit weird. It's a sign that you pass though, when she had to come and check you out. My gf and I had brunch last Sunday, and when we were paying a lady came up behind us. I didn't really pay much attention. When we got outside, my gf said, "I thought you would have said 'hi', or something"
"Sorry??" I didn't have a clue what she was talking about.
"The woman behind us was a man. How could you not notice his voice?" She mentioned some other clues, but I had completely missed it. w