PDA

View Full Version : a very embarasing moment

jennifer ann
07-16-2007, 05:50 AM
Since it is summer, its been hot so I have not really dressed to the nines in a few weeks but I have been painting my toes to feel some what fem. Last week I was at a customers home and I had dropped something very sharp on my foot causing it to bleed through my sock. I went out to my truck, took off my sock and put on a band-aid when the homeowner camr over to see what happened. First thing she noticed was my bright red toes. At least not much came about it except for "glad your ok and I love your nails" now I am somewhat red faced when I see her, at least I have only one more site visit and I am done with her job.

Kate Simmons
07-16-2007, 06:13 AM
Wow Jennifer, sounds like you have a pretty cool customer there. If she liked your nails, I wouldn't be the least bit embarrassed.:happy:

Karren H
07-16-2007, 06:30 AM
In my opinion there's no reason you should be embarased especially in front of her.. She already paid you a compliment and basically accepted what you did as Ok.. So I'd go with it.. Proudly not embarased... Might even bring the subject back up or compliment her on her nails or something.. Got ta take every chance your get to accept and promote acceptence no matter how small or trivial it may seem.. It boosts your selfconfidence and imprints your reality upon others.

Karren

Phyliss
07-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Karren has the right idea.
With the compliment of "love your nails" a simple thank you is more than enough of an answer. Go on about your business and don't give it a second thought.

Marla S
07-16-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree to what has been said.

No need to be embarrassed.

Emma England
07-16-2007, 11:47 AM
That is to say thank you.

juliek
07-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Sounds like an opportunity to make a new friend.

I think you should wear panties and thigh highs under your work pants instead of socks next visit. Maybe she will ask to see how your foot is doing and you can show her. Or she might see the back of your panties when you are working and make a comment on them as well.

uknowhoo
07-16-2007, 12:52 PM
While I certainly understand how you'd feel embarrassed, I gotta go along with the majority opinion here. She gave you the green light, you're good! Hopefully another step on the path to where all you need is a (n unconditional) geen light from yourself (no, I'm not quite there yet either :o). Good luck, and HAVE FUN!

Lora Olivia
07-16-2007, 01:05 PM
While I can understand the embarassment, I have to agree with the majority here and say just don't worry about it. After an evening dressed, i went to the bank the next morning forgeting that I still had my nails painted, no one has said a thing and in this small town it might be a big deal. Actually wore them to work last fall after letting them grow out, just said granddaughters thought gramps should have his new nails painted too.

trannie T
07-16-2007, 06:28 PM
The painted toes may help you get some repeat business. A friend did something to get his wife mad at him, she waited until he was asleep and painted his toenails red. He was really embarrassed when he took his socks off at work.

krisla
07-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Jennifer,

Sounds like a nice customer, first she was concerned about your injury and then she defused any akwardness by making a nice comment. I wouldn't worry about it. I would look for more customers like her (providing she pays your bill of course)

Krisla

rhayna
07-16-2007, 06:54 PM
I agree. Don't make an out become awkward by trying to "explain". I am finding more and more tolerance in public, especially when you don't make a big issue of it.

I have found the best way to handle this is to smile, say thanks and the next time ask her if she wants to know the color!!!!

Deanna2
07-17-2007, 02:22 AM
OK so you would rather not have had the attention, but appreciate the compliment.

sandy1975ad
07-17-2007, 03:40 AM
can understand how you feel---but agree with others don't make a big deal out of it---it's done