PDA

View Full Version : Came out to a friend

angelfire
07-16-2007, 07:16 AM
So, last night I came out to a friend of mine. I honestly had very little idea of how he would react, but he was very supportive, and even asked a few questions about my dressing. I was tired, so I didn't get into it all that much, but it feels kind of good to have someone I know I can trust and talk to.

Wendy me
07-16-2007, 07:21 AM
So, last night I came out to a friend of mine. I honestly had very little idea of how he would react, but he was very supportive, and even asked a few questions about my dressing. I was tired, so I didn't get into it all that much, but it feels kind of good to have someone I know I can trust and talk to.

good for you .... the only question i have is why tell him if you were tired and did not want to talk abought it??? ...........

Holly
07-16-2007, 08:13 AM
So, are you going to finish the conversation tonight?? ;)

jakesun
07-16-2007, 12:12 PM
it's good to tell someone you really thrust, you never know he might into it too. i haven't told any of my frinds even if i can really thrust them. if you have told any of your friend please let me know how it went

uknowhoo
07-16-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm glad it worked out for you. Little steps like these tend to add up! :thumbsup:

joann07
07-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Thats great! It feels so good to get something like that off your shoulders.

angelfire
07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
The reason I didn't get that deep into it was mainly because it was late, and I had to go to bed soon because I had to work this morning. We were already discussing it, and I had been considering telling him for a while since he seemed to trust me with a lot of things too. It wasn't so much I didn't want to talk about it as it was I didn't have that much time to. But, the opportunity presented itself then, so I figured I may as well take it.

I have asked him, since I was brief yesterday if he had any other questions about it, and he doesn't, which I find kind of surprising. Unless he did some of his own research into it.

I was actually surprised by his reaction as well. He just basically said "Cool", asked a few questions, and that was that. I was surprised he didn't ask if I was gay, as that generally seems to be the first question people ask.

It definitely seems like it has relieved some of the pressure I had.

BarbaraTalbot
07-16-2007, 02:47 PM
it's good to tell someone you really thrust, you never know he might into it too. i haven't told any of my frinds even if i can really thrust them. if you have told any of your friend please let me know how it went

with how much thrusting I have done with Dee over the years, surely I should have told her the minute I realized it myself. I am glad she found out and not dealing with my conflicting feelings about dressing alone and in private is so much better.

Telling a male friend would be so hard I think.

trannie T
07-16-2007, 05:44 PM
I told a friend that I was a crossdresser a few months ago, he is accepting but not really comfortable about the concept. It is liberating to be a little bit out of the closet. I will never be totally out but I feel I don't need to hide as much as I have in the past.

angelfire
07-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I always thought it would be easier telling a female friend, but this seemed to be an exception.

rhayna
07-16-2007, 07:04 PM
I think telling a male friend would be hard, unless you really trusted him. On the other hand, I told my best friend in the world with whom I trusted the most (my wife of 20 years), and it ended our life together. In the end, it is my opinion, that no matter how hard it is- being true to yourself is the only answer. I know that comes with consequences. But as I get older I realize the burden we hold is so much more damaging than the results of telling someone who may not like the answer.

2 cents worth.

shericd7
07-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Im glad for you because if you have a friend you can trust and share this with is great,,,I have a friend that called me one night his car had broke down and needed some help...Well I was at a bar and dressed to the nines when he called,I told him I would come but dont be surprised as I was dressed...Well he was a little bit shocked but accepted me as a friend and still does...hugs sheri

Myst
07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
I was always of the belief that it would be much easier coming out to a female friend/girlfriend, but lately I haven't been so sure.

-Myst

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
For me I've found the longer I've known someone, the harder it is to tell. Then again, the longer you know someone, the better you can gauge their reaction.

angelfire
07-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Im glad for you because if you have a friend you can trust and share this with is great,,,I have a friend that called me one night his car had broke down and needed some help...Well I was at a bar and dressed to the nines when he called,I told him I would come but dont be surprised as I was dressed...Well he was a little bit shocked but accepted me as a friend and still does...hugs sheri

He had to accept you, or you coulda just driven off and abandoned him :heehee:

Debbie47
07-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Over the years I have told two co-workers about (both male) and I guess I wished I had not. Nothing bad happened at all and one of them left the company years ago and the other will be gone in two years or less. He has not even said anything to me about it in years, maybe he forgot or does not care. My best friend Steve (been my friend for 35 years) I would never tell because I believe our friendship would be over as he is very indoctrinated about some things.

ericalynne
07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
i am so happy for you in having a friend with whom you can share the feelings of your innermost heart. I have very close male and female friends of many years. Although I think i know them, i am not too sure what their reactions would be. My heart tells me that i would probably not be accepted and the friendships would definitely cool or be over, and to me this wouod be so sad. A friend is someone who understands you and can be non judgemental. It is too bad that society has considered us in a less than favorable light. If only people could understand that we are who we are from the womb. We have pity on those unfortunates who have serious disabilities as well we should, but who looks upon us with pity or understanding or caring other than ourselves.
someday we will be accepted as the wonderful beings we are...the wonderful women we are...until then, we hope for many of us to have either a spouse, relative or friend in whom we can confide...I have yet to find such a person in real life. You are fortunate and i wish you well...ericalynne

Nancie64
07-17-2007, 10:23 PM
I agree with the remarks about the weight on the shoulders being a little lifted. The funny part in my cding is that my wife told her sister about it after we had returned from a trip to LV. Than her sister confronted me and ask to see the pics that I had taken. Didn't know if I should show them to her or not, but I did and she couldn't beleive that it was me. Kind of rush. :happy:

Billijo49504
07-18-2007, 12:01 AM
The person that you can trust, I would call a true friend....BJ

Sara316
07-18-2007, 12:10 AM
I wish I had a friend with whom I'd feel comfortable confiding.

angelfire
07-18-2007, 07:16 AM
We have pity on those unfortunates who have serious disabilities as well we should, but who looks upon us with pity or understanding or caring other than ourselves.

I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but I for one am not looking for pity. Understanding and caring, absolutely, but not pity. I see pity as a "Awww, poor guy isn't as fortunate as me." Being pitied seems degrading to me, that they view me as a lesser person. I am without a doubt a proud individual, and I would like to maintain that pride, as well as a sense of dignity.