PDA

View Full Version : Did You See

Sarah cd
07-16-2007, 07:52 AM
In the uk there was a documentry called Why Men Wear Frocks It was on the Biography channel if you did see it what was your thoughts? . For me it made me feel more relaxed with my dressin and made me realise why i dress. I dress to relax and chill out from all the stresses of normal life and get a complet sence of enjoyment now that can not be a bad thing can it. If you did not see this programe look out for it as i am sure it will be on again.

Emma England
07-16-2007, 11:49 AM
So will never see it.

Not keen on documentaries about the transgendered anyway.
We are laughed at more often then taken seriously.

kathy333
07-16-2007, 11:53 AM
don't know if i ever will. not much into t.v.:2c:

jakesun
07-16-2007, 12:06 PM
I haven't seen it but if you know where i can watch it please let me know thanks

Mitch23
07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I'd been waiting to see it for sometime and one of the kind girls on rosesforum announced it and fortunately it was my day off. I thought it was excellent and very well presented by Grayson Perry. I learned so much from it about myself- Unfortunately do not have a recording device because I would have loved to have shown it to the wife. Interesting that it was shown at 3 in the afternoon and not tucked away after the watershed. Some level of acceptance of our lifestyle perhaps?

Love the bit at the end where she's heckled going through the market by a group of youths. A broad grin spreads over her face and she starts to wiggle. Now that's class!

I believe there's another TG doc on the same channel 11pm this evening

love

Mitch

Lilith Moon
07-16-2007, 02:55 PM
If Grayson Perry presented it then it is not going to be a "let's all laugh at the pervs" type of program. I seem to recall the heckling scene from a while back and part of a trailer for a program I never got to watch. More info here:

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/W/why_men_wear_frocks/index.html

A Google using search term "Why men wear frocks" also turns up a lot of interesting stuff.

Yes, this program was first aired on February 16, 2005.

Ruth
07-16-2007, 04:09 PM
I saw it, thought it was very good. Though I'm not sure how much sense it would make to the non-CD general public. Perry never really explained "Why men wear frocks" though that's not surprising given that most of us here would have difficulty explaining our own motivation. Certainly worthwhile though as a documentary that didn't poke fun at the CD condition or sensationalise it.