PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes people just won't leave you alone

Emily Ann Brown
07-16-2007, 08:07 AM
I decided to dress coming back from my daughter's Sunday afternoon and relax. Passed under the Blue Ridge Parkway and decided to get a quick view up at one of the overlooks and maybe a photo or two. Took the photo included here at Gum Springs Overlook just outside Roanoke Virginia. Then decided to get a photo back down the road at the parkway sign. I pulled over and put on my right turn signal and took ONE photo....then this family immediately stopped and was worried that I had car trouble. They were so sweet....but they wouldn't just go away. Finally I had to get in the car and just drive off so they would leave me alone. It was nice that they were worried about some sweet young thing all alone on the side of the road. I guess I must sound and act pretty female because they never seemed to read me. Even the kid in the back didn't seem to detect. (And it was one of my QUICK light makeup times to boot).

And NO......that one danged photo in front of the sign didn't turn out ! I never got to look at it before they interrupted my quiet photo time.

Emily Ann

Teresa Amina
07-16-2007, 08:27 AM
People can be so nice! Kinda shocking sometimes. Next time you'll be able to just have them take your picture :thumbsup:

JoAnnDallas
07-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Emily......As you know wife and I used to lived in Roanoke, VA and I remember one day we were shopping a Krogers on hershburger and when we started to put the stuff in the SUV, this older couple came up and offered to help us put all of it in the SUV, very chatty, the husband helped my wife into to SUV, we got hugs from them, and then we drove away. I asked the wife if she knew them and wife said that she had never seen that couple before then.

Jodi
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Emily......As you know wife and I used to lived in Roanoke, VA and I remember one day we were shopping a Krogers on hershburger and when we started to put the stuff in the SUV, this older couple came up and offered to help us put all of it in the SUV, very chatty, the husband helped my wife into to SUV, we got hugs from them, and then we drove away. I asked the wife if she knew them and wife said that she had never seen that couple before then.

JoAnn, I would have checked my back pocket to ensure my wallet was still there.

Jodi

Emily Ann Brown
07-16-2007, 11:53 AM
JoAnn.....

Jodi just doesn't understand Roanoke Virginia does she?.....

It's sorta like Mayberry.

Emily Ann

kathy333
07-16-2007, 12:04 PM
:devil:next time just take off you'r wig and scrach you'r head.they will leave. I'll put money onit.

just kidding:hugs:

so roanoak is like mayberry. that brings up a quistion, who in mayberry was a crossdresser?

do you think andy would get ant bee's night clothes out? more likely barney would have his girlfriend put his uniform on and he would dress like a hooker.

now dont go getting upset i'm just thinking outloud.:tongueout

JoAnnDallas
07-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Jodi...........Just outside of Roanoke,VA is a very large Mininite community. They are some of the most friendly people you have ever meet. Also people in general in Roanoke are friendly. I remember when we first moved there and my wife said "WOW, Would look at that, no one is running right up to the front of the off ramp and expecting people to let them in". I looked over at a long line of cars waiting to exit off the freeway.

uknowhoo
07-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Well, it looks like you had fun anyway, Em. ;)

Gotta love the Star City of the South!

Fab Karen
07-16-2007, 06:30 PM
JoAnn.....

Jodi just doesn't understand Roanoke Virginia does she?.....

It's sorta like Mayberry.

Emily Ann
That Floyd the barber was creepy.

Fab Karen
07-16-2007, 06:37 PM
so roanoak is like mayberry. that brings up a quistion, who in mayberry was a crossdresser?

do you think andy would get aunt bee's night clothes out? more likely barney would have his girlfriend put his uniform on and he would dress like a hooker.

now dont go getting upset i'm just thinking outloud.:tongueout
Oh, now you're spilling the town secrets. You'll never be able to set foot there again.:devil:

rhayna
07-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Your picture is great by the way.

Had two nosey neighbors that I think saw me one night getting into the car going out for girlz night. After that they always seemed to "stop by" for a glass of wine, etc. We were not close to them until then.

My gf is not very patient with the "privacy" of my life and actually started dropping very heavy hints about what they might encounter if they continued to arrive unannounced. (she is pretty bold and can't understand why I don't come out 100%).

They mean well but are more curious than helpful. I supppose soon we'll test that by asking them to come over and fix the sink, since the two girlz here can't figure it out....ha !

shericd7
07-16-2007, 07:52 PM
I have traveled the blue ridge mountains for years and have found the people and the scerny a very welcome thing from the big city...

trannie T
07-16-2007, 11:39 PM
If you want privacy then dress in drab and have a flat tire on the freeway. Ain't nobody gonna stop.