PDA

View Full Version : voice when crossdressing

Amber82
07-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey all, I just wondered to those of you who go all out crossdressing and go shopping or dining in public like that do you change your voice at all to sound more feminine or do you just speak normally? I have experimented with talking a little different and my wife says I have found one voice slightly different that could pass for female but just wondered what the majority of you do as far as this goes, thanks for any input.

Amber

Lora Olivia
07-16-2007, 01:30 PM
yep sure do change it, a slight pitch change along with speaking softer. Also choice of wording....Man(I want a cheeseburger and fries) Woman( I would like a cheesebuger and french fries please):2c:
Also for me it helped to find a female singer that i could sing along with and not sound horrible, makes for good practice...Thanks Stevie Nicks

RobertaFermina
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes, I change it.
I avoid using "chest voice" and use my "head voice".

I'd love to take voice lessons and learn how to develop a more feminine voice.

As it is, I avoid resonating in my chest or throat so it feels like my voice is coming from my head (or sinuses) and speak softly to avoid sounding like mickey mouse (too thin and high) or a jews harp (too much nasal vibrato).

OH....and my singalong girl is (she's like Buttah!) Barbra.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Jenna Lynne
07-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I've posted some links in another thread on this subject only a few days ago. There are some very nice tips available online on how to develop a good feminine voice.

As others have indicated, it's not just about pitch -- in fact, it's mostly not about pitch. It's about speaking in a softer tone (which you do by keeping your throat loose -- guys tighten their throat so they sound hard), using pitch changes for emphasis (think of a roller coaster ride) rather than getting louder, using a slightly different vocabulary, and enunciating nicely rather than mumbling.

I like to speak further forward in my mouth, near the teeth, rather than back in my throat. This reduces the amount of resonance from the sinus cavities, making the head sound a little smaller.

Listen to how women actually speak, and imitate them. I wouldn't personally try to sing along with anything, but a good TV show, like a daytime women's talk show, will have plenty of female voices. Tape the show and then practice along with it.

Oh, and don't cough! If you have a throat tickle, try swallowing instead.

***Jenna***

Emily Ann Brown
07-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I speak from above my vocal chords (not out of my chest) and try to be a bit softer in volume. My voice this way tends to go a touch higher, and seems to be passable especially with the female visual in front of the one I am speaking to.

Emily Ann

Jeneva
07-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi Amber. I have only gone public once and I used my normal voice. It does not sound very girlish but nobody cared. Jeneva

Paula Roush
07-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Heck I can change my voice from male to women real easy. Just hit one of those boys between the legs.:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Amber82
07-16-2007, 03:16 PM
well thats good to know, that im not the only one who does this. now i dont feel so weird after all. thank you all for your kind replies and comments to all of my postings so far, i am still discovering more and more about myself all the time but its so nice to have all of these great friends here to talk to and learn from:happy:

Amber