PDA

View Full Version : My reunion surprise to an old friend

joann07
07-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, this past weekend was my 20 year HS reunion. It was a great time and I got to see some old classmates again, including my best friend. As a reunion surprise, I came out and told him that I was a crossdresser.
I had thought about it for a while, in the months prior, but then my gut feeling felt it was the right thing to do so I finally decided, with encouragement from a friend, to go ahead and do it.

I started off by mentioning to my friend that I wanted to tell him something so I went online and showed him a picture of myself in full femme. Then, I asked him if he recognized who it was in the picture. He looked for a few moments and said that he didn't recognize her. I said to him "Are you sure?" and so he looked closer and said "No. I have no idea".
I then told him that the girl in picture was me. After I said that, he was so surprised. He never would've thought that that was me because I looked so different to him. I continued to show him more pictures and he was just amazed. He remembered that I had a fetish for women's feet, but he had no idea I was into crossdressing. The one thing I reassured him was that I'm not gay and that I love to wear women's clothes.
I told him that I got into it only within the past three years and that it was only a little less than a year that I started fully crossdressing (i.e. makeup, wig, accessories, dress, shoes, pantyhose, etc.)
He was quite inquisitive and asked me various questions as to how I got into it, how I put on my make up, what type of clothes I wear, what size I am, where I go shopping, what accessories I use, what kind of reactions have I gotten, etc, etc, etc. I proceeded to answer his questions, while at the same time, told him about my various outing experiences which I have done a dozen or more times.
He also asked if had told anyone else and I said that I told two other people, but not anyone in my immediate family.
I told him that I couldn't tell my mom or my dad and he agreed.
I continued to show him some random pictures and he was still amazed, but once it sunk in he said that I could definitely pass.
After I finished telling him all that he wanted to know, he said that he had no problem with it and that he was glad I told him. He promised that he wouldn't tell anyone about my secret.

When I we got to our reunion, I told him that I was keeping eye out as to what my former GG classmates were wearing so I could get some clothing ideas. He would chuckle and get a kick out of it.
Every now and then, he would come up and point out a nice outfit to me and I would make a mental note.
There were a lot of my former GG class mates who wore some really nice outfits and so I got a lot of good ideas.

Again, my reunion was a lot of fun, but what made it even more enjoyable was that I came out to an old friend who was totally supportive.
This will go down as one my most memorable reunions. :happy:

summermarie
07-16-2007, 03:12 PM
That is sooooo cool! He must be a really good and close friend to accept what you like to do. I could never tell my best friend because he would never accept it:(! Congrats and have fun shopping!

Tasha T
07-16-2007, 03:14 PM
I've got my 20 year h.s. reunion coming up pretty soon too. I doubt I'll make any shocking confessions to anyone (though I might), but I recently found out that one of my closest friends from high school is now a post op transsexual (mtf). I was shocked to say the least. I called her the other day and came out to her and now it looks like we will be able to be friends again after losing touch for many years. Who would have guessed that the two of us would have ended up as trannies? I never would have.

Eugenie
07-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Real cool Joann,

I have a few friends I would love to tell as I feel bad now hiding my CDing any further. So far, I've told a few female friends but never a male friend... I was too afraid that they would make fun of me...

Your story gives me hope that I will be able to do the same when the right occasion will present itself with some of my male friends.

Thanks for sharing.

:hugs:
Eugenie

trannie T
07-16-2007, 05:29 PM
My reunion will be in a few years. (FPHS class of 65 if you must know) I have seen only a few of my classmates since graduation and no longer live in the area. I think of going to the next reunion en femme, it could be fun and entertaining but I'm not driving 700 miles to do it.

sterling12
07-16-2007, 09:29 PM
When you told us, you wouldn't be able to attend The Tri-Beta picnic, I didn't think you were going to do that! I knew you were going to The Reunion, but Holy Cow!

Joann you just continue to amaze me, you have all kinds of chutzpah. I have never seen anyone progress as quickly as you. Hope this all works out. Your Sista's will be intrigued to see what happens next.

I'm embarrassed, I have my 40th coming up shortly, not planning on doing the same!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Sheri 4242
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
. . . I have my 40th coming up shortly, not planning on (revealing my CDing to a former classmate)! Peace and Love, Joanie

At my 30-something h.s. reunion a few years ago, during the planning stages I was in constant contact with another organizer via IM and email. This classmate was a GG who I had found very attractive back in the 1960's, but had never dated. She looked very tomboyish today (back in h.s. she was very girly-girl, and extremely shy and reserved). She was married and all, but today wears a lot of men's shirts and jeans, no make-up, etc. Anyway, we began a fairly in-depth back-and-forth conversation -- about life, what we had been doing, etc., etc., -- and, of course a lot of talk about our then-upcoming reunion (before anybody gets the wrong idea, most of you know my position on adultery, so let me make it clear that my wife knew about these conversations and also knew they were nothing more than friendly).

Anyway, I, during our back-and-forth conversations, jokingly made several remarks about coming to the reunion in a miniskirt. All of a sudden, she became very blunt and asked if I wasn't really telling her the truth about me -- that I was a CDer. I have no idea why I was swept with trust in her, but I (a.) told her about CDing in general, inclusive of common misconceptions, some statistics, and a little bit of the biology anbd psychology, AND (b.) I admitted that I was -- *gulp* -- a crossdresser!!! (My wife was certain I had thrown a mental rod -- :lol2: !!!)

Anyway, independent of my knowledge of what she was doing, this former friend began some pretty in-depth research on mtf heterosexual CDing. I didn't hear from her for a couple of days -- and began wondering if I had made a bad mistake -- I was going on pure gut instinct. Then came her reply: she didn't know if her opinion would be different if her husband was a crossdresser, but that she was definitely "cool" with it.

The sweetest thing she said was that, had she known thirty-something years ago, she would like to think that her mindset would have been what it was today -- that she would have been accepting, and that she would have been a friend who I could have openly dressed in front of, shopped with, etc. Oh'hhhh, to have known that back then (assuming she would have been as accepting as she said she thought she would have been)!!!

INTERESTING SIDEBAR: As I've told on here before, one of my earliest memories of CDing was with a neighborhood girl -- I'd put on her denim skirt and she'd wear my pants (we couldn't have been more than 5 -- but her wearing the pants were a big deal back then -- maybe not as big a deal as me in her skirt, but a departure from the norm nevertheless b/c girls wore skirts or dresses). Anyway, I never knew this, but in all my conversations with this girl from my h.s., I found out that she had been "best friends" with the girl from my childhood neighborhood when they were in Jr. High -- but the girl from my neighborhood never told a single person.

Don't know if there is a moral to this story -- but at least to Joanie I'd say you never know how things can turn on a dime. I never thouht I'd ever tell a single person from my h.s. days about my CDing -- but I did and it was a-ok. I was just going on insticnt.

Tasha T
07-16-2007, 11:34 PM
I never thought I'd ever tell a single person from my h.s. days about my CDing -- but I did and it was a-ok. I was just going on insticnt.

Me neither and I definitely never thought I would be sharing my secret with a close friend who was dealing with the same issues and then some (now legally female).

joann07
07-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone!

Thanks so much for your support, as well as, for your comments and your input. I'm happy to share this and I'm glad that my experience has helped provide some inspiration for you all to do the same.
Yeah. Its really great that I have an old friend like him who's very supportive.
Even though we don't see or talk to each other very often, we still have that bond that we had since we were kids growing up through highschool. Its like we just picked up where we left off after graduation.
I just came out straight and was honest with him and, although he was surprised, he didn't freak out or anything like that. He was just being my best bud, like he's always has been, and was there to listen to what I had to tell him.
I hope that you all will have the same, or similar experience, if you do decided to tell someone whether its at your next reunion or any other occasion.

Summer,

Hopefully, you're best friend will, one day, come to accept you as you are and see you as the best friend he's always known. I hope for the best.

Eugenie,

Go by your instincts, or by your gut feeling, and if the occasion feels right go for it and be straight and honest. You may be surprised that its no big deal. I wish you the best.

Trannie,

That would be really cool if you could go in femme and get voted as the most changed since highschool. :heehee:

Joanie,

You hit it right on the money. Surprise!! :eek:
Yeah. Everything has been going like light speed for me. Its hard to believe how much I have progressed in less than a year of fully crossdressing. I used to be tentative and unsure of myself, but now that I've gone out in femme, a dozen or more times, I feel more confident in myself every time I go.
I never would've thought I'd tell my friend, but somehow it just felt right and I'm really glad I did. It felt like another weight just fell off my shoulder.

I know I missed a fun meeting/picnic, but I can't wait to see the pictures.

Trish/sheri,

That’s so nice! You know what they say; "Never say never".
Its great that we all have something similar to relate to.
Hope your future reunions turn out well.

I look forward to hearing more about these types of stories from many more of you. :happy: