PDA

View Full Version : Gg Thinks Cd's Are Sick

Glenda58
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I have been dating this lady for awhile. Last night we were talking about her toe nails and how they polish. I told her I had mine polished but she didn't believe me and I didn't show her. She said any man who wears womens cloths is sick or abnormal or gay. I asked her how did she know did she have any facts to back it up. She said NO. I told her that I knew many TGs and CDs. And that many had wifes and families and yes some may be gay and some may go all the in transitioning to female. Then she said she was normal and didn't want to dress in mens clothing plus she like a manly man like me:laughing:.

Then I ask her to picture a man and woman on the phone. The man is far away and they are in love. They hang up the phone the woman goes into the closet takes off her cloths and puts on one of his shirts and sprays some after shave on. Then goes and lies down on the bed and starts to caress herself. I asked her what she thought. She said it was very sexy.
Then I ask her to think about the man in his room he takes off his cloths and reaches into his suitcase and pulls out a slip and puts it on and sprays some perfume on and goes and lies down on the bed and starts to caress himself. I asked what she thought. She that it was sick. I said it's the same thing she was doing. Then she had to stop and think about but I had made a point that she had not thought about. I may not have changed her mine but I got her to think about.

Country girl
07-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Glenda, you are one smart cookie! I like the way you set up the scenario. I'm not sure that this woman will ever come around and be accepting but you have definitily made a valid point. Good for you! :hugs: CG GG

TracyH
07-16-2007, 10:15 PM
I admire your patience. For me it would have been:

"Crossdressers are sick!"

"Well, this date's over."

nancy58
07-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Glenda, that is a wonderful analogy!

Roxi Loh
07-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Glenda that was a great set up, one that I would have never thought of...go girl...

Cynthia_0101
07-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Sometimes it does not matter both males and females can be closed minded

Cynthia

sandy1975ad
07-16-2007, 10:28 PM
well done maybe opened her mind just a bit

Glenda58
07-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Plus she said she could spot a CD or TG person a mile away. She must have been far sighted because she didn't see the one sitting across from her.

Debbie47
07-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Back in the early 1990's when I was dating I met with this lady at her apartment. She was not very attractive and telling her that I was a crossdresser was usually a good way to get out of a bad date. When I told her I dressed she told me I was sick. One funny thing though, she was dressed like me. She had on a t-shirt, jeans and gym shoes. Her hair was the same length as mine. If I had been seen at a distance with her it would of looked like two men together! Who is the crossdresser here? There are ignorant people everywhere. I was glad to move on.

goofus
07-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Plus she said she could spot a CD or TG person a mile away. She must have been far sighted because she didn't see the one sitting across from her.

Amazing how people can be so oblivious and think that they couldn't possibly know any of 'those' people! This woman sounds like a redneck and maybe you'd be better off without her :2c:

Tasha T
07-17-2007, 12:02 AM
The fact that so many women are turned off by cross dressers is what discourages me from dating to begin with. I'm afraid that when I tell them that not only will they reject me, but go out and tell everyone and make my life difficult.

I accidentally tested one of the last girls I dated by telling her I needed to buy some lip gloss. I actually meant to say lip balm, but it freaked her out just the same and I realized that she would never accept me.

brina_cd
07-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Me, I may have said: "You HAVE to meet my dad!" Then I would have mentioned that s/he is a non-op MTF TS and said anyone who cant accept my family isn't someone I wan't to be around.

trannie T
07-17-2007, 01:11 AM

Even I can pass from a mile away. Maybe even half a mile.
You gave a great response you have earned your panties.:love:

Joy Carter
07-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Oh, Is this what I have been doing ?

jenni_xx
07-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Then I ask her to picture a man and woman on the phone. The man is far away and they are in love. They hang up the phone the woman goes into the closet takes off her cloths and puts on one of his shirts and sprays some after shave on. Then goes and lies down on the bed and starts to caress herself. I asked her what she thought. She said it was very sexy.
Then I ask her to think about the man in his room he takes off his cloths and reaches into his suitcase and pulls out a slip and puts it on and sprays some perfume on and goes and lies down on the bed and starts to caress himself. I asked what she thought. She that it was sick. I said it's the same thing she was doing. Then she had to stop and think about but I had made a point that she had not thought about. I may not have changed her mine but I got her to think about.

This woman clearly needs educating, and I think you did a fantastic job in making her stop and think about her views. And I admire your strength in sitting there, calm and collected, and remaining totally rational. Although, I'm not sure that the picture you painted is a true picture of what crossdressing is really about. Do we dress to feel closer to our wives/girlfriends?

Having said this, it was a great way to highlight her apparent double-standards.

Ekatcha
07-17-2007, 03:08 AM
What an awesome analogy. Wish I'd thought of that one! Hopefully you gave her something to think about for a bit and maybe she'll think twice next time. Doubt it, but one can hope for the best at least. =)

Suzie S.
07-17-2007, 04:30 AM
What a great analogy Glenda, I would never had thought of that scenario. I hope she can change her way of thinking, but It doesn't look good. :straightface:

Sandra
07-17-2007, 04:41 AM
What a good way of putting it Glenda, I hope she does think more about it but from what you have said, it's going to take a lot more to get her to really understand but it's a start.

MsJanessa
07-17-2007, 06:56 AM
well I liked the way you handled yourself darling but I rather suspect she is not the girl for you---lol

Sarah Rabbit
07-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Reverse 'Double Standards' in play. You may have got her thinking, or you may have got her 'Thinking' about you:thinking:. Tread wisely.

Sarah R. :bunny:

Emily Ann Brown
07-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Nothing more to add sis except HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE ROFLOL !!!!!

Emily Ann

Bonnie D
07-17-2007, 08:59 AM
If she comes back and talks about it with you after doing some thinking she will probably tell you that the two situations are different. The woman will be thinking of her man the whole time but the man will be thinking about himself and how the slip feels the whole time.

If she is not okay with crossdressers that is fine but she doesn't have to call us names such as 'sick'. She can just say that she is not interested in men who dress. Every little bit of information is great though, even if it is done one person at a time.

I went to my deli a couple of Saturdays ago as I do each Saturday morning and the owners brother and I chat a bit each time. That Saturday he asked me, not knowing anything about my 'secret', how I would treat a crossdresser if he came into the store. My answer was, "Just like anyone else." He told me that a man came in earlier wearing women's slippers and had a bra on under his t-shirt. I told him that I wold ignore the clothes because they are only clothes and I would serve him as I would any other customer. He liked my response and told me I was a good person.

There's another person with a more open mind.

Bonnie

PS I would give your lady friend an opportunity to open her mind. I would then make a decision about her based on whether or not she can.

bobi jean
07-17-2007, 09:22 AM

You should have mentioned this in the conversation. I too love the way you handled the conversation but may I ask HOW WAS SHE DRESSED? BEFORE YOU ANSWER THAT, could she have passed for a male from a mile away?????

Shadeauxmarie
07-17-2007, 11:25 AM
For me, I can be spotted as a CD from Cleveland. As in the Tootsie reference.
But, I'm working on it.

Frankie-Dear
07-17-2007, 12:05 PM

:rofl: Now THAT's priceless!! :lol: Way to go, Sis!! :thumbsup::hugs:

Daphne Renee
07-17-2007, 01:12 PM
good for you .. You probably didn't get her to change her mind. However maybe you will get her to stop and think before she says things like that again.

JulieC
07-17-2007, 01:14 PM
The answers she is giving are the "default" answers society programs into us. It's "sexy" for a woman to wear her man's clothes, but "sick" for a man to do the same. Someone above pointed out that a woman is doing it to feel closer to her man, and a man is doing it for the sake of the clothes...thus making it different.

*cough*

Anyways...these double standards exist throughout all of gender expression, not just the small subset of clothing.

Who drives the car? Usually the man. It's how society programs us.

Who's hand is on top when holding hands and walking? Almost always the man's.

Who opens the door for the other? Almost always the man.

How often do we hear day say, "When your mother comes home you're in BIG trouble!"

Stay at home moms outnumber stay at home dads like 30:1.

These are the gender roles we're expected to fill. If we live outside of these boxes, people start to think of us as strange.

It's *easy* for people to operate within these boxes, and *easy* for people to criticize those outside of the boxes, since outwardly almost all of us fit within the boxes.

Tammietoo
07-17-2007, 01:22 PM
but I got her to think

That's as much as you can hope for generally. People can only change their own minds. Good work. :thumbsup:

eleventhdr
07-17-2007, 01:50 PM
but if you have a closed mine like that at all then you are kinda sick sorta of oh well i don't know where our how people's get these idea's porbaly raised that way or something but being a cd or tg is not sick it is just who and what some people's are and some people's want to go all the way and be female or male depending and there is nothing wrong wiht that either it's just the way it is maybe it's a catch 22 or something hmmm!?

Suzy Ann!

Frankie-Dear
07-17-2007, 01:51 PM
The bad news:
I'm sick

The good news:
So is everyone else on this crazy little planet

:heehee:

Emma England
07-18-2007, 06:59 AM
How about "I am sick of close minded people"

erickka
07-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Well stated, Emma. Glenda, way to go. Provoking people to actually put brain in gear before engaging mouth is priceless! Your wit is an inspiration.

Wynter Skye
07-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I need you to talk to my wife! That sounds like something she would say!

LaFem
07-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I really don't see any fault with this GG. She sounds pretty normal to me. What right do any of us have to question her feelings? She likes men!

Leave her alone and don't subject her to your fantasy. Find someone else or a man who like men who dress and act like women.

Jeez!

Susan.
07-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Then she said she was normal and didn't want to dress in mens clothing plus she like a manly man like me. :laughing:

I was laughing so loud my wife asked me about it.

renee99
07-22-2007, 02:39 PM
I really don't see any fault with this GG. She sounds pretty normal to me. What right do any of us have to question her feelings? She likes men!

Leave her alone and don't subject her to your fantasy. Find someone else or a man who like men who dress and act like women.

Jeez!

And would you say the same if someone you were dating started to spout racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, or any other opinion that is obviously borne in ignorance or just plain hate?

The OP had every right to determine if this lady was hateful or just plain ignorant. Ignorance is curable. Hate is not. Why would you want to continue a relationship with a person who may be hateful? Better to sort the wheat from the chaff in the beginning.