PDA

View Full Version : Family

Rachell
07-17-2007, 10:06 AM
I Am Sure We All Have Family I Have 6 Brothers A 1 Sister, I Know That My Brothers Would Not Be Very Understanding If They Knew I Was A Cder. As A Matter Of Fact They Would Think I Was Gay And All The Other Things. I Would Like To Share This With Them Someday, Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions Or Stories About Family Finding Out Your Secret.

Stephenie S
07-17-2007, 10:22 AM
How do you find out how they feel?

Tell them.

I waited most of my long life (so far), thinking that my family would disaprove, only to find them completely suportive.

I can remember standing in the attic of my parents house 30 years ago, completely dressed, and thinking, "There's my sister just coming in to the house downstairs. I should go down and show her who I really am." Instead I chickened out and stripped off the clothes.

Now 30 years later, she turns out to be one of my best suporters!

Remember, you do not have to actually DRESS in front of them to tell them about yourself. They may not ever have to see you dressed. They may not want to, anyway. But you can still tell them. It will be a big weight off your shoulders to be "out" to the people you love and who love you.

And just TELLING them rather than having to SHOW them is a lot easier sometimes. After all, as you fear, they may not be aproving at all, in which case you have risked nothing. Now they know you CD. But that can be where the subject ends, never having to be brought up again with them. We all know of habits our family has that we disaprove of. We just don't talk about them.

Lovies, Stephenie

Karren H
07-17-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm sure my brother dabbled in crossdressing when he was younger but not any more.... I could care less if mine know.... I don't have that overwhelming urge to tell anyone.... It's not important... to me...
Karren

Emily Ann Brown
07-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Yes I did dabble Karren when I was a kid, but I haven't stopped by any means !!!!

Mom and Dad are dead. Have told a cousin with good results. All my adult children know....didn't go as bad as the EX hoped. Hey Karren....how did you take it when you found out I dressed?!!!

Emily Ann

joann07
07-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Remember, you do not have to actually DRESS in front of them to tell them about yourself. They may not ever have to see you dressed. They may not want to, anyway. But you can still tell them. It will be a big weight off your shoulders to be "out" to the people you love and who love you.

And just TELLING them rather than having to SHOW them is a lot easier sometimes. After all, as you fear, they may not be aproving at all, in which case you have risked nothing. Now they know you CD. But that can be where the subject ends, never having to be brought up again with them. We all know of habits our family has that we disaprove of. We just don't talk about them.

Lovies, Stephenie

That's true!
Although I haven't told any of my family, I have been thinking about it.
I keep telling myself that it shouldn't be a problem as long as they know.
And, like you said, I don't have to be dressed to tell them nor do they ever have to see me dressed.
If I do decide to tell them, I would probably ask them whether they would be ok with seeing me dressed, but if not, thats ok as long as they're accepting of who I am.

As for who I would possibly tell first, I'd probably start with my sister because I think she would be the most accepting since we're very close. Also, she's the only girl in the family so I'm sure she wouldn't mind having a sister she never had.

We'll see.

trannie T
07-18-2007, 01:45 AM
I am going to a family reunion this weekend. I will see my brother and sister for the first time in four years and several cousins I have not seen since the 1960's. I might come out to my brother and to one cousin that I am close to. I don't really know the others so there is no reason to be out with them. I know my cousin will be cool with it, I suspect that my brother will be too. The only real question is whether I hav the courage to do it.

Catherine_CD
07-18-2007, 10:08 AM
WOuld be nice one day to a few others, but not too sure if its a good idea yet

Jeanine
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
My Dad was killed in a car accident shortly after I was born so I lived with Mom and my three older sisters.

I have Gynecomastia and my breasts started enlarging at 11 and I took a lot oh harassment from the other kids at school over my breasts. Even my three sisters made fun of me. My friend Allen's Mom told me I needed a bra and another friend's Grandmother asked me if I was a boy or a girl.

So, since so many people kept telling me I needed a bra, I decided to
just "try one on" when I was 13 add I found that my oldest sister Patti's
36B wnderwire bras fit me like a glove.

After Mom and all of my sisters caught me wearing their clothes several times each Mom took me to see a "Gender Councilor" and after the councilor explained that crossdressing is NOT abnormal and that I AM NOR GAY, I was allowed to dress in female clothes at home.

Mom bought me my first female outfits so I would stop "borrowing" clothes from her and my sisters. After everyone became more comfortable with my dressing at home Mom and the girls would take me along on their shopping trips and helped me pick nice dresses, skirts, tops, and all the other stuff in stores.

I always made it a point to come out to mt girlfriends after dating for
a few months so all my girlfriends and both wives were very understanding, participated, and were supportive in every way possible.

Hugs-N-Kisses
Jeanine