PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to go out En Femme

Loves-lingerie
07-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey everyone, I've been reading and enjoying the forum for as long as I can remember now. I've been dressing privately for a few years. I've tried everything from lingerie (I adore stockings) to skirts and heels (each item is a blessing). The feeling of dressing up is simply great. I'm in my early 20s and have a girlfriend who is slowly getting used to the whole idea. I live in a big city, so anonymity is synonymous with privacy here. I would love to go out en femme once. Does anyone have any good advice they can impart? I would be most appreciative. I know that many of you have taken the plunge and never looked back.

-Jennifer

Melissa73
07-17-2007, 10:16 PM
well first, let me welcome you.
I have been dressing off and on since i was 12 ....(borrowing from my sister) and being caught many times. But as i moved out on my own, i have found the courage to venture outside a few times. I find, if you start slowly...its best. Forexample, i started by waiting til midnight when less people are out, and then walk about my apartment complex.
Then, as i got more and more bravier, i even drove to walmart.....a few times going inside, while once i chickened out while in a dress and heels.
I have to admit, i did this when living in st louis...but now i live in a smaller community, and i fear going out for i know most people....and people know me.

anyways, good luck and again....
welcome to this forum

Michelle

Karren H
07-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah!!! It's all about your attitude.... not necessarily how you dress though dress appropriately... But act like you own the place..... as though you belong where ever you go, and no one will give you a second, more closer look.. ohhh and smile!! It's all the rage with the real girls!! lol

Karren

trannie T
07-17-2007, 10:25 PM
A large city should have a support group with social events. These are a good place to go to meet friends and get advice on other places to go.
You sound like you're ready to get out, so do it girl!

Nancie64
07-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Dress not to be noticed the first couple of times. The first time I went out I wore girls jeans with a sweater top and a black blazer with a pair of stacked heels. A little nerve racking but have done it many times since with hotter outfits. Have fun, go window shopping the first time. or thru the drive thru. They don't know you. :heehee:

SandyR
07-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Well for me it was "get dressed" sneak out to Mcdonalds for drive threw......

Just gave a way my age.....heheh....

Hugs.

Sandy

Debbie47
07-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I like to get out dressed as much as possible. I go out late, usually after 10 or even 11:30 or so depending on my work schedule. I will go to one or two gay bars in my local area since they are accepting of us and our dressing. One night while I was out with the ladies from Crossport (a local support group in Cincinnati) one of them suggested going to a straight bar. Long story short the bartender told me that our kind were not wanted and he just wanted us to finish our drinks and go even though we were his only customers!

Billijo49504
07-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Well I don't get out as much as Karren does, but close. It's all about attitude. As I've always said, look at what is being worn in the supermarket, and that the way to dress for the day. And believe me, you dont have to dress very fancy. Just be confident about your actions,that's half the battle. If you look like you belong, you will...BJ

stacie
07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
First, try to relax, Its alright to be a little nervous. Next, dress to fit in and to look like rest of the ladies in your area.
Monday evening while out, I was walking out of a small store and before my eyes walks a crossdresser. I felt sorry for her because every eye around was was lock on to her and I think a few people did strain an eye. She was a person in her upper 40s or lower 50s dressed like a girl in her 20's from the late 1970's. My wife said her wig was the first thing to give her up, from a long distance away and she was right it was old and worn out looking.
But the one thing she had going on for her was she didn't care and was going on with her day like another person out in public.
If she was dress to fit in like any other lady on the street and had a modern style wig on to fit her age, Most people would't even of notice her.

chucks
07-18-2007, 10:51 AM
not sure what the problem is with being noticed.

tiffany-the-cd
07-18-2007, 11:05 AM
i know whats worked for me the first couple times I've gone out (I'm on i think my 5th or 6th lol) it was in my car just drove around but then again i live in a small town so everyone knows me, and, since I grew up here they know my folks as well. But remember you belong there just as much as anyone else. Pink and all you belong there. But remember to dress your age and era.:love:
and thats all the advice I can give you the rest is up to you:D
Much love
Tiffany

JoAnnDallas
07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Going out for a drive is always a good first outing. Your cushioned inside your car like a coccon. If your car has tinited windows even better.

gennee
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Wear something that you're comfortable wearing. Act as natural as you can and enjoy it.

Gennee

:happy:

red_magenta
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
hi jennifer

I have found that taking notice of what women my age are wearing and try to keep to similar styles is one of the best ways to go out un-noticed.
Also, it may sound easier said than done, but remain confident in your "female" self and don't feel concious of behaving in a womanly manner. Walk with your head held high and don't hunch your shoulders! Remember to think at all times when you are out and about, that you are a woman! your male self does not exist while you are dressed!

If you think like a woman, then behave like one too and you will find that people may respond to the female you in a more positive light.

I wish you luck in your ventures out into the world as a woman...the first steps are alwalys the hardest :happy:

Nikki

Nylonkaren
07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
gone out, but only at night. I don't pass, but who cares. I dressed up several times and attended meetings with other CDs and it was wonderful.

Ashley Lyn
07-18-2007, 09:15 PM
gone out, but only at night. I don't pass, but who cares.Nor do I! Now I have to look around and see what women my age are wearing... BORING:(

I wanta' wear mini skirts and thigh highs with heels... NOT going to fit in... DRAT!!:nono:

Mitch23
07-19-2007, 05:46 AM
have a look at some of the recent threads on this - As I recall Frankie got some excellent advice. Just do it, youir life will never be the same again!

Mitch

Reba Kay
07-19-2007, 07:28 AM
I love to go out for a drive while dressed. the first time I had the same expieiance with the trucker on the Interstate. After awhile I turned around and went the other direction, enjoying the fact that they where all looking at my legs and blowing there horn. I must have driven for 3 hours, but aleast that part of me was very convincing. Reba Kay

Tamera
07-19-2007, 08:15 AM
In my early stages of going out. I went to a store that was open 24 hours like Walmart or Meijers and would go out about 1a.

Now regarding clothes. You don't want to wear club clothes unless you WANT TO draw attention. You want to wear something that fits in with the crowd, like Hip-Hugger Jeans and a nice top for instance.

As you get used to it you can go out during the day to a park, store, etc.

You may even get into a support group in your area that does many outside activities.

Take a look at my 360 and it will give you and idea of what I have worn out and to the club.

Enjoy being a GIRL its GREAT!!!!
Tamera