PDA

View Full Version : recent adventures-fairly long, sorry

Princess29
07-18-2007, 08:54 PM
I haven't really posted that much lately but thought I'd check in.
I've been getting involved with a website for aussie girls and been chatting on there a fair bit. Through that site, I met a local girl and a week or so ago, I went over to her place and we just hung out for a while but I had to lie through my teeth to my parents both before and afterwards to go which I didn't like doing. The more mum questioned me afterwards, the more I had to lie.
There is a weekly meeting at a cafe in brisbane for crossdressers to go to where nothing too fancy happens, we just sit around chatting and getting to know other "girls" and the last two weeks I have gone (and last night too which is number3). The first time I had to lie through my teeth again to my parents, the second time I worked out a way to go without having to lie but it involved sidestepping and tap dancing around the truth. I told mum where I went, what I did and that I met up with a "group of friends who meet at the cafe each week and just sit around chatting and they invited me to come back whenever I liked" so it wasn't exactly a lie, I just didn't tell mum what we discussed.
But for this week, I had a window of opportunity with mum being away and dad only getting home from work around 4pm, I thought now it was time for Melissa to make her australian debut. On tuesday, I phoned the cafe and asked to speak to a guy that I had spoken to the previous week who had offered his assistance if I ever wanted somewhere to change and get ready for the cafe, he would help me so I thought I'd take him up on it. I asked if he could help me and we lined it all up. I helped him out first by driving him around to do some errands that he needed to get done and then we got down to business. I was just expecting something quick and basic but he's a perfectionist so it took quite a while. He asked if I wanted "drag queen" (he's a drag queen himself) or more "gender illusionist" and I chose the latter but he ended up more veering towards that as he was tired and was running on autopilot he said. When I was out in Vegas, the makeup job there felt like I had on an inch thick layer of wet paint and if anyone or anything touched it, it was get all messed up. Aside from what was done around my eyebrows, it felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all last night and even if I touched my face, it didn't mess it up. That guy is good. I couldn't really see what he was talking about with shading and contouring and all the different coloured translucent powders that he used (I'm partially colourblind and can't really distinguish when colours tend to blend into each other such as pale pink and white or cream) but I just took his word for what he said he did.
Normally I arrive at the cafe around 7 but got there around 9 last night (fashionably late) but then most of the girls left by 10 so I didnt really have the chance to be out and about that much but drove home as melissa but took off my heels to drive. I didn't want to change back to male mode as it was so nice driving in a femme mode but about 5 minutes from home (it took a bit over an hour to drive home), I made the switch.
I noticed online that the cafe was looking for staff and as I have 8 years cafe experience I applied online but last week, while I was there, I asked in person and handed in a copy of my CV and got talking to the guy who subsequently did my makeup last night.
He gave me an update last night by saying that if I want, I can come in for a trial next week and also if I come in on this saturday, he will be working and can give me a pre-trial practice session so that will be cool.
I'm waiting on my security license to come through and had been looking for something along those lines but with working at the cafe, they already know I'm a crossdresser there so I can talk openly about it (although probably only with certain people) but could go dress shopping in the area too or whatever and not have to hide it. If I had to work on a wednesday night, I could still chat with the "girls" on the odd occasion so that would be perfect.
And by meeting that guy at the cafe, he's a trained makeup artist, wig stylist and costumer and has offered to teach me how to do my makeup properly. He said about going out in Drag Queen mode one night to a club with his friends and while nightclubbing isn't my scene (and neither is being a drag queen), it could make for one hell of an interesting experience.
So all of this has been happening in the last month or so and I think I've really hit the jackpot with meeting that guy in brisbane and don't really know where its going to take me but its been quite a ride already.
For the first time in quite a while, I'm out making friends and have found somewhere I fit in and belong. Unlike my time in Vegas though, now I can actually tell some friends and my sister what I am doing and that makes it that much better. I still have to hide it from the rest of my family though but am starting to think about telling my parents as I'm so tired of hiding it but also thinking up ways to tapdance around the truth or just flat out lie in order to have some fun

Melissa

Jenna Lynne
07-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Sounds like you're making progress, sweetie. Way to go!

I think we all need someplace where we can go and just be ourselves and not have to lie or make excuses. This cafe could be an ideal place for you.

***Jenna***

uknowhoo
07-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm really happy for you Melissa, that you've found something that works so nicely for you! I hope it continues to go well. xoxo Tammi

Samantha B L
07-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi Melissa, I'm really glad for you that you have a place to go and be enfem. The makeup job in your picture looks good. Hugs,Smiles,Samantha

Princess29
07-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Sounds like you're making progress, sweetie. Way to go!

I think we all need someplace where we can go and just be ourselves and not have to lie or make excuses. This cafe could be an ideal place for you.

***Jenna***

The cafe is great, I'm out meeting people and finally fitting in somewhere but I have to lie or just not tell every aspect of what I am doing in order to go although I wish there were some younger people there around my age.
I want to tell my parents but not to get their approval, just so I don't have to hide it anymore. They can be happy for me and get involved, chose to look away and not have anything to do with it but I'm worried their reaction would be more negative. I don't feel that they would disown me but doubt they would even attempt to understand what I am doing and/or going through but its so difficult to know.
I'm going to move out soon so its probably best not to rock the boat
Its just so frustrating having to keep track of all the BS that you have to tell, not necessarily lies but not necessarily the whole truth too.

Melissa

Mitch23
07-19-2007, 05:37 AM
Hey Melissa, you've come a long way - its great when you start to tap into the local community and find new friends and lifestyle choices.

Bg issues in telling folks - just that you are going out with a group of friends is probably all they need to know. If they're curious they'll ask -probably will be relieved because they will be expecting worse! Make sure you get all that makeup off when you get home though!

Nice pic - big smile next time!

Mitch