PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody notice forms?

sandra-leigh
07-19-2007, 12:06 PM
I get so little reaction in my home city to wearing moderate forms (even in drab) that I often wonder whether anyone even notices them if I don't make them blatant. I don't get stares, I don't get teenage girls in malls pointing me out, I don't get guys talking to my chest; I don't even get children looking at me for any longer than they focus on anything else boring.

Well, yesterday, I was walking down a major shopping street in a larger city, with a moderately visible chest (equivalent of perhaps a B cup). As I passed one 23-ish fellow, he sort of giggled and gurgled and pointed to the cleavage of the woman he was with (who promptly more or less shush!ed him.) It was clear from the context that he at least had noticed my chest and noticed that it was unusual on a guy.

I wasn't upset by the giggle; I could tell that the fellow had some kind of unusual mental processes and didn't mean anything hurtful at all.

So at least some people do notice. Perhaps not "the average person", that's still open to question. And also open to question is whether, when "the average person" notices, do they consider it uninteresting or do they consider it "rude" to pay attention to?

Marcie Sexton
07-19-2007, 12:12 PM
There is a time and place for every thing, but it seems that we "all" are much to concerned about what is noticed...

Personally speaking, I could care less, especially now that I have come to terms with the real me, most especially what people wear, do, or say, so long as it isn't hurtful...

Perhaps if people were more mindful of things that really mattered instead of what they wear or look like scoiety in general would be a lot better off...but then again isn't that the nature of the beast ?

shannonsilk
07-19-2007, 01:52 PM
i think you have established that you're not very concerned about what other people think. you just do your own thing-and that's great.

yes i think people notice, and just 'cause they don't make faces or point does not mean they don't see. i got my ears pierced and hardly anyone said anything. if i bring it up they want to talk about it. also see thread in clothing section on tight jeans.

we all have to do what we are comfortable with. as long as your not affecting othes do what u want.

JulieC
07-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I think enough men have "man boobs" that the sight of a man with A or B sized chest is hardly worth talking about. It's part of men's anatomy, in some ways just as much as women.

Stephenie S
07-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Also, Tess, many who notice are too polite to say anything.

Yesterday I "came out" to my friends at the local convenience store. I had told them months ago about my transition when one of them asked about my newly permed hair style, so they were well aware of what was going on. I had told them that they would be seeing a more and more feminine me as the year wore on. But as I stop there on my way to work, and I wear unisex scrubs to work, with no makeup and no jewelry, they had not really seen Stephenie.

So yesterday, a day off, I wanted a sandwich and I went there for lunch. I was going shopping afterwards, so I was dressed nice. Good jeans, sandals, nice top, bra, dangley earings, lipstick, jewelry, handbag, and hair done up nice. Well . . . . NO reaction at all! WTF? Nobody said a word! Later my wife said, "Well what did you want them to say?" I realized she was right. They don't care what I wear. I am their friend and I came in for a sandwich. End of story. Friends usually don't question each others dress, and certainly strangers don't.

Lovies,
Steph

KatrinaAshley
07-19-2007, 04:08 PM
I think enough men have "man boobs" that the sight of a man with A or B sized chest is hardly worth talking about. It's part of men's anatomy, in some ways just as much as women.

Exactly.

Or how often do you actually look at everyone you pass by in public? We're all strangers to each other and I'd expect very few people pay much attention to anyone who isn't trying to stand out. I think that is why those who get over their fear have reasonable success in public.

Paulacder
07-19-2007, 04:14 PM
This kinda reminds me of the post that we have had about shaveing your legs in the summer. I keep my legs shaved and always wear shorts, ladies shorts I might add, and no one pays attention. Ocasionally I notice someone staring but who cares.