PDA

View Full Version : So.... You want to feel what it's like, huh?

Frankie-Dear
07-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Last night, my wife and I were talking about what it feels like to be a woman. She said, "You wanna' know? Fine: Get in there and clean up the kitchen, wash the dishes, do the laundry, take out the trash, feed the cats, get Julia ready for bed, and then go clean the bathroom."

Hrmmm.... Maybe I need to re-think this.... :heehee:

Marcie Sexton
07-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Hmmm, sounds like my day today...

Get up, put on my face, get dressed, vaccum, do laundry, dry fold and put it up, do dinner, and when I get finished the dishes...

...made her a right good little wife, and love every minute of it too...:hugs:

Marla S
07-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Except for the Julia part that sounds pretty much like my life

... oh of course there are all my clothes, shoes and makeup.

Doens't your wife have all this ... poor GG ... she get's a :hugs: ... life is so unfair.:D

Teresa Amina
07-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Pretty sad that people think their existance is defined by their "economic" function.
If you get away from the chaos, step aside from the petty demands of day to day drudgery and find the stillness of simply Being, what is it like?
It seems if we say we want to "feel what it's like" we're talking about a more basic sense of Body.

Frankie-Dear
07-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Easy there, Teresa. It was purely a humorous exchange, although I *did* help out with the chores.:hugs:

Stephenie S
07-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Nicely put, Frankie,

Don't forget the low pay, harrassment in the workplace, poor advancment prospects, inability to walk where we want alone, and unwanted sexual advances in public to name a few more.

Steph

Sandygal
07-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Nicely put, Frankie,

Don't forget the low pay, harrassment in the workplace, poor advancment prospects, inability to walk where we want alone, and unwanted sexual advances in public to name a few more.

Steph

Unwanted sexual advances in public. Hmmmmm, being that it has never happened to me. Who's to say I wouldn't want it to happen at least once?

KatrinaAshley
07-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Ouch. Lol.

Xaff
07-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Last night, my wife and I were talking about what it feels like to be a woman. She said, "You wanna' know? Fine: Get in there and clean up the kitchen, wash the dishes, do the laundry, take out the trash, feed the cats, get Julia ready for bed, and then go clean the bathroom."

*smiles kindly* ......... Why do ya think I wanna be boy.... :heehee:

Xaff,

Bev06 GG
07-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Unwanted sexual advances in public. Hmmmmm, being that it has never happened to me. Who's to say I wouldn't want it to happen at least once?

Well Sandy it might be different for a CD, but for a GG thats a pretty frightening experience and not one that makes you feel particularly attractive or feminine. More a case of feeling threatened, uneasy and worthless.
Bev

Sandygal
07-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Well Sandy it might be different for a CD, but for a GG thats a pretty frightening experience and not one that makes you feel particularly attractive or feminine. More a case of feeling threatened, uneasy and worthless.
Bev

Come on Bev, I'm not talking being grabbed or followed. I can't believe a woman would be upset if she gets whistled at now and then.

Teresa Amina
07-19-2007, 06:56 PM
It was purely a humorous exchange

Sorry, just in a grim mood so I missed the intent :o

battybattybats
07-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Nicely put, Frankie,

Steph

Specifically
inability to walk where we want alone
I have that as a male. And it's not just because I'm a goth. Most towns I've lived in there are places that any rational male wouldn't walk alone at night. I remember one self destructive show-off was bragging in my Karate class many years ago how he was intending to walk through part of town after midnight and our sensai said that he wouldn't do so himself and unless the student could defeat the sensai or simultaneously defeat three other students then he would be a total moron to try. He went on to give a demonstration of the difficulty of fighting barehanded mutiple unskilled opponents with (plastic) knives.. it sobered the braggart up very quickly.

Stephenie S
07-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Come on Bev, I'm not talking being grabbed or followed. I can't believe a woman would be upset if she gets whistled at now and then.

Sandy, I need to be a bit carefull here because the last time I went off on this subject I got slapped down fairly hard. And, of course, this thread started out as a fairly light-hearted humorous post by Frankie. . . But . . . For most GGs, getting whistled at in public is part and parcel the same as getting grabbed or followed. The results are not the same, of course, but the assumption, by men, that most women WANT public sexual attention is a male myth. This sort of attention is degrading and scarey. The idea, held by many, many men, that this behavior is somehow acceptable or desired by women is just plain false. Women just want to be people, same as you. The thought of being whistled at in public is titilating when it has never happened to you perhaps, but listen to Bev. She is, after all, a GG, and so deserves her opinion on this subject.

Sorry, I did not mean to hijack your thread, Frankie.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Very good point, Batty

teresa jeen
07-19-2007, 07:42 PM
most often i am the one doing that anyway so its no big deal! my wife tells people im the best housewife shes ever met. Thanks again mom.

Angie G
07-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Well I just did the dishes as :hugs:
Angie

Billijo49504
07-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Well, I fixed the porch, did the dishes, fixed the wheels on the microwave stand and got supper ready for the wife, who was working...BJ

Oddlee
07-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Pretty sad that people think their existance is defined by their "economic" function.
If you get away from the chaos, step aside from the petty demands of day to day drudgery and find the stillness of simply Being, what is it like?
It seems if we say we want to "feel what it's like" we're talking about a more basic sense of Body.

Theresa,

I think you have captured the key to this question. It's not a matter of function. I've been divorced for a dozen years. If I don't do the basic household maintenance chores, they don't get done. Although I frequently do these chores en femme, they do not make me feel especially female or male - they are just things that need to get done... If partners don't share the workload, are they truly partners?

Lee

Kate Simmons
07-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Clothing or doing certain things do not make a person masculine or feminine. It's more of a sense of self.:happy:

Karren H
07-20-2007, 07:28 AM
See I never said I wanted to be a woman or even feel like a woman.. That's why its truely the best of both genders!!! Don't have to do all that un-fun stuff and not grumpy 5 days out of the month!! And anyway... If I can pretend to be a woman might as well pretend to be a rich woman and hire a pretend maid!! :D

Karren

Frankie-Dear
07-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey! There ya' go!! :heehee::thumbsup: I may have to fire our pretend maid. I never see her, and she never seems to DO anything! :cry: :lol:

Jolene
07-20-2007, 09:05 AM

Except for feeding the cats and getting Julia ready for bed, Thats about what I do around here, that is if I feel up to it.
Jolene :)

TxKimberly
07-20-2007, 09:14 AM

Thats funny - that sounds just like something my wife would say! :)

Lovely Rita
07-20-2007, 09:28 AM

I love being Susie home maker when I am enfemme.:thumbsup:

tall_brianna
07-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Thank god for women's liberation because I'd just have to say, "I don't think so, I have a job. But I will hire a maid."

Sally2005
07-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I wish my wife would do more of the things I do...fix the car, mow the lawn, paint the house, etc. etc. We both don't like it, but because she 'can' do the dishes, laundry, etc. she does those chores. I don't mind doing anything, I just don't have time or think it would be fair for me to do it all. Is it gender...maybe....but indirectly - related to upbringing. There is no reason either of us can do any chore. It is the desire to do it and what you know how to do. So, I don't agree with your wife on what it is like to be a woman, she is telling you what it is like to be her. I'm glad you have the opportunity to talk to her about it.

Melinda G
07-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Forget the dishes and housework, and unequal pay. I don't know what it feels like to be a woman.
I do know the feeling of smooth shaved legs, and a smooth baby soft bottom. I do know the feeling of being smooth, soft, hairless, and sweet smelling, from head to toe.
I do know the feeling of nylons on smooth, freshly shaved legs.
I do know the feeling of walking down a street, and hearing the sound of my high heels on the sidewalk.
I do know the feeling of being whistled at, or honked at, and being perceived as an attractive woman.
I do know the feeling of looking in the mirror, and seeing a pretty woman, ready for whatever I want to do.
I do know that uneasy feeling of walking down a dark street at night, in high heels, nylons, and a short skimpy dress.

And thats all I need to know!
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3120/hal7go8.jpg

melissacd
07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
I guess that it depends on what one means to feel like a woman. Biologically I feel like a man, I do not know nor will I ever know what it feels like o be a woman. I can sympathize and I can empathize, however, in this lifetime I will only ever know what it is like to be a man.

Now that being said, I do my best not to equate functions to gender roles. A lifetime of training sometimes makes that difficult, however, I try my best to be aware of that gender bias that ties specific activities to specific biological configurations.

To me this is not about trying to be a woman, but rather about expressing my feminine creativity part of which manifests itself in the form of a feminine illusion. Underneath the facade is still a man who has a wide range of interests in areas considered by our present day culture as either masculine or feminine. Our society has a long way to go before we get rid of these outdated notions, however, we can be the vanguard of change.

I choose to enjoy both my feminine and masculine elements. I also accept that we change inn thought and in deed throughout our lives as we learn and grow. What I think, feel and do today may not be the same as tomorrow. That is the beauty of being a human, we can consider the lessons of yesterday and use them to guide us towards the joys of today.

(Now I have really taken this thread off on some weird philosophical tangent :D )

Huggs
Melissa

sarah378619
07-20-2007, 10:30 AM
I have fead babies,changed diapers,washed clothes,done dishes and a daddy of three. I know both sides and I think my fem side makes me more understanding.
Sarah

Frankie-Dear
07-20-2007, 10:40 AM
:straightface: Didn't realize this thread was going to open up so much serious discussion... Interestingly, I had another post deleted, on the thread about eyebrows, because I posted a photo of a man with really bushy eyebrows, just interjecting some humor. I seem to have found yet another group that I don't fit in with.

I'm sorry for having a sense of humor. How silly of me not to realize that crossdressing is deathly serious, and anything approaching levity will be immediately and anonymously stricken, or discussed with a kind of solemnity usually reserved for church services and funerals.

Meh.... Anyway, by all means, carry on. :rolleyes:

Stephenie S
07-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Yes, Frankie, I remember, way back when you opened this thread with a little bit of humor. It was nice.

Sorry it got hijacked. I guess I contributed to that a bit. Woops!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Really nice wig, BTW

Mitch23
07-20-2007, 01:22 PM
:straightface: Didn't realize this thread was going to open up so much serious discussion... Interestingly, I had another post deleted, on the thread about eyebrows, because I posted a photo of a man with really bushy eyebrows, just interjecting some humor. I seem to have found yet another group that I don't fit in with.

I'm sorry for having a sense of humor. How silly of me not to realize that crossdressing is deathly serious, and anything approaching levity will be immediately and anonymously stricken, or discussed with a kind of solemnity usually reserved for church services and funerals.

I guess Frankie's having one of her 'grumpy days'!

Oh and one more - never being able to get sick while our menfolk can retire to their beds with 'man-flu'

Mitch

joann07
07-20-2007, 01:26 PM
I live by myself so I'm forced to most of those things you mentioned.
However, I don't mind doing chores while wearing pantyhose and a bra or my favorite chemise.
It makes it fun to experience being a female.

Marla S
07-20-2007, 01:32 PM

Yep, Cding is an serious issue ... not funny :heehee:

@pic: I assume it was not because of the pic but because of cross-linking ... we are a cross-dressing forum finally :D

Kate Simmons
07-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Frankie,Hon,you are okay with me.I figure the day I can't laugh at this whole thing (and especially myself)is the day I check into a mental ward and seek serious therapy.:p

Kimmie
07-20-2007, 02:38 PM
hech doing all those chores, gives me an excuse to get dressed up. Otherwise I'd sit arround and watch espn in a dress, not being able to feel the flo of a skirt against my nylon covered legs or hearing the clack of my heels against my hard floor..

jenniferj
07-20-2007, 03:22 PM
One day last winter, I decided to really do the June Cleaver thing. Spotless house (or at least fairly small spots), Air fresherer (dog and cats), Yankee candles, Fire in woodstove, Fancy dinner (We LOVE Fine Cooking Magazine),
Wine breathing, cheese and crackers. I met "hubby" at the door with a glass of wine - and a kiss on the cheek. I had on a new dress (cream linen with a rose and pink flower print), 3 in open toe pumps (soft pink), fresh makeup, curled hair, and pearls - and an apron.

Hubby was quite appreciative of his wifey, and encouraged similar activities in the future. Wifey was overwhelmed with the sense of fulfilment for having given so much of "herself" to someone else. I found myself softly humming while I did the dishes and hubby read a book.

I really don't think it was the act of doing "woman's work" as much as the nurturing/nesting thing. It may be that some of the internal switches that were set that make us like women's clothes also inspire this "feminine behavior" Or I could just be a silly girl :)

jj

Sally24
07-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Since I'm the OCD person in my marraige our conselour suggested my wife get me an appron and let Sally go to work on the house sometimes. Hasn't happened yet but that would probably work out for both of us.

As far as what some of the others have said, lets keep this a little light. An admiring glance or maybe even a whistle would not be considered by most to be harrassing. Lets save that for the truely threatening and unwanted type of advances that do scare most women (genetic or otherwise).

Toyah
07-21-2007, 02:00 PM

Cannot see what the problem is there you should be doing that anyway heard of sharing ?????:D As long as she does not say do the ironing I hate it so we make sure very little gets done

Rebecca-L
07-21-2007, 02:29 PM

I agree with Toyah. Doing (or even helping with) the household chores does not make one a woman, it makes one a partner. My wife and I have shared all of those things (including getting the kids ready for bed) throughout our entire 41 years of marriage. (Although the children are now old enough to get themselves ready for bed, and they have their own houses.)
:2c: