PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a Disappointment

Tristan
07-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Well I finally called today to set up my appointment with this doctor I need to see before I can go to the endro. Apparently the endro that does hormones is used to working with only two docs in town so he wants the referrals from them. The bummer of it is that usually its three weeks out to get in with one of these two doctors. My appt isn't until September 11 so it means theres probably no way I'll get in for my hormone shot by my birthday which was when I was hoping to start them. This step is just annoying all around, expensive, seemingly a bit unnecessary, and now I have to wait over 8 weeks to get this step over.

ZenFrost
07-20-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry you got pushed back in your schedule. :hugs: I hope everything ends up being okay in the end.

bi_weird
07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Well that sucks. At least you're getting there, but the wait has got to be killer.

durden
07-21-2007, 12:29 AM
The same thing kinda happened to me when I was looking to start w/the hormones last year. I ended up waiting 1.5 months to finally get in to my doctor's office. But look on the bright side, at least everything is well on it's way to becoming a much more positive/exciting situation for you. You'll have to grit your teeth & bear it, but at least it's definitely going to happen, you know? This is sort of a mini test for you. Because, the first few months that you're on hormones, you'll constantly be feeling this way. Checking the mirror every morning looking for new changes, etc. Patience is the key my friend. It all pays off w/just a little bit of time.
:D

Tristan
07-21-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I know I just got to hang in there and bear it. Hopefully he doesn't decide I need a personality test too after our one hour assessment thing. And it's all still much sooner then I thought I"d be on hormones so omg yay!

Charleen
07-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Gawd, I just love the medical profession! (She said with tongue firmly implanted in cheek) Hang in there, it will go by quicker then you think.
Love and xxxx, Lily

CaptLex
07-21-2007, 09:18 AM
It would be hypocritical for me to tell someone else to have patience 'cause I don't have much of it myself, but you'll get there - I KNOW it, hun. I wonder what the personality test is about - I never had one (maybe I have no personality :p). I remember the torturous wait before I could get my first shot, though, so I sympathize. It'll be great when it finally happens, you'll see - and then we can have brownies and rum and dance till we drop. :D :hugs:

Tristan
07-21-2007, 12:21 PM
It would be hypocritical for me to tell someone else to have patience 'cause I don't have much of it myself, but you'll get there - I KNOW it, hun. I wonder what the personality test is about - I never had one (maybe I have no personality :p). I remember the torturous wait before I could get my first shot, though, so I sympathize. It'll be great when it finally happens, you'll see - and then we can have brownies and rum and dance till we drop. :D :hugs:

Yeah, I don't know what the personality test is about either. Katie says she can't figure out from what people have told her about the first appointment that makes him decide to do the personality test. I told her I've had so many assessments and stuff through psych there already that if they thought it was a personality disorder they probably would have done it a long time ago so I'm not worried about that. Again I'm just annoyed that this endro won't take the letter from must my therapist but needs this doctor to sign off on it too. Patience I guess.

SL
07-26-2007, 09:23 AM
This is exciting. I feel like I kinda get to see "what happens from the beginning" reading your posts. I never got that previously. Hope you don't mind the spectating. I'm new on the board by the way so "hi" :D

Sorry they bummed you out on the waiting bit. But in a way thats somethin we get to find out about too (??) Maybe think of it as us checkin them out:thumbsup: Its a good spin that might make it a little easier.

Either way there's gonna be brownies and rum involved:D

Tristan
07-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Got some bummer news last night in group on the doctor I'm suppose to see. Another person from my support group saw him and he was a real a**. Apparently has no experience with trans pple and wants to do a 4 hr personality test on this person to the tune of over $400. Not sure what'll happen with me. Our group leader and counselor is having a meeting with the doctor about what's going on, and told me to hold off canceling till she gets through the meeting. The bummer is the endro here only will work with these two doctors and the other one told my counselor that I should see the a** one. Blah :(

SL
07-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Now that sucks :(

ZenFrost
07-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Oh man Trist, I'm sorry things got all icky like that.