PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with the heat

Veronica99
07-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I live in Southern Arizona, where temperatures climb above 100 degrees everyday (that is 37 celcius+ / very hot). So my en femme days have granted to a halt since the start of summer. During the day (+night) it's just far too hot to get dressed; I sweat all over the clothes or have this perpetual layer of thin icky "stuff" all over me. As you can guess, I don't want to get all the skirts etc sweaty and all - washing items is not that easy for me ;).

So, I'd like to hear from all those girls in the southwest (or better yet, south east - with the humidity and all) how they deal with this problem. Oh, and I don't really want to turn the A/C all the way down to 60 degrees either...

Thanks for the help :happy:

teresa jeen
07-20-2007, 09:43 PM
i just wait(i know its hard) till it gets dark and cools off. i know yalls temps fall off pretty quick out there too you can get an earlyer start.

Stephenie S
07-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Ask a few GGs what you are doing wrong. If they look all fresh and dewy, ask them how they do it.

It's entirely possible that you are trying to wear too many clothes. You don't really have to wear girdles and stockings and slips and camis, etc, etc. Most girls I know, including myself, wear a really minimal amount of clothing in the heat of summer. Some days I will even skip the bra if I think I can get away with it. If your "persona" depends on all that stuff to succeed, maybe you just need to put it all away for the summer. Others here on this forum do just that. Just trying to wear a wig would be too much for me, I know.

Go easy on the layers. The breezes gotta flow, dear. Good luck.

Stephie

Jocelyn Quivers
07-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Being very hot natured myself. I've discovered that my house tends to be the coolest and least humid in the morning time. This is usually the best time for me to dress as far as avoiding heat. Jocelyn

JeanneF
07-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Go easy on the layers. The breezes gotta flow, dear. Good luck.

Yep.

Camis, flowing skirts, sandals, etc. are the order of the day when it's hot and humid around here. :)

Brianna Lovely
07-21-2007, 03:50 AM
Day to day, I try to dress like any GG in the area. Shorts, skirts, light tops, sandals are the norm around here. Don't wear a bra or forms, but will wear a microfiber crop-top under a light top.

Have not decided whether to grow my hair long, yet, but I usually don't wear a wig in the summer.

Nikki Dee
07-21-2007, 04:19 AM
Easy love...just get yourself over to the UK...LOL...Summer is passing us by this year I think...but we do a really lovely line in RAIN.!!!...and temps of no more than 20c...on a good day.!!!!

Kate Simmons
07-21-2007, 05:20 AM
I just don't think about it Hon, since temperature extremes don't seem to bother me one way or the other. I'm used to doing things in extreme temperatures (from 26 years at work).Just me I guess.:happy:

Mitch23
07-21-2007, 06:38 AM
As Nikki say, not a problem here in the UK right now but wig and makeup seems to be an issue for me in the heat and I cant get away with minimum clothing like the GGs can!

Mitch

Charleen
07-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Natural fabrics, cotton, linen ect. As little as possible without getting arrested for indecent exposure LOL!

Karren H
07-21-2007, 08:08 AM
I lived in Texas for 6 years and all I remember is sweating.. All the time!! My advice.. Move north!! Its in the 70's here in PA today!! :D

Karren

Charleen
07-21-2007, 08:14 AM
I lived in Texas for 6 years and all I remember is sweating.. All the time!! My advice.. Move north!! Its in the 70's here in PA today!! :D

Karren

True, but last week you were hotter in the N.E. than we were down here!:heehee:

TxKimberly
07-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I live in Austin Texas where the temperature is very much like Arizona. I don't care what clothes I wear (or don't wear) by the time you factor in the makeup required to hide the beard, and the wig to hide the bald, I'm going to be HOT HOT HOT! The only thing I do is stick to the Air conditioning - any time spent outside IS going to result in me and my make up being a very un-pretty mess! :-(

Butterfly Bill
07-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Sandals, loose and flowing rayon dresses, and going regimental. (And not trying to pass.)

Rachel Morley
07-21-2007, 12:37 PM
We live in the Sacramento valley where the summer months regularly hit on or just over 100 degrees F. Most of the time though, through July and August it says in the mid 90's.

My solution is to have bare tanned legs, light floaty skirts or short ones, and thin(ish) nylon or cotton tops. The house is cooled by the A/C at a moderate temp of 75 degs. The place I am going to go to (restaurant, mall etc) will be cooled too but the biggest problem is when I first get in the car. It's like an oven in there until the A/C cools down the inside of the car. I also sometimes use a hand held fold-able fan (see below) and take it in my purse/hand bag.

Luckily for me, I don't perspire that quickly and when I do it tends to be on my head which is under my wig cap so if my makeup does start to look sticky, it will be on my upper lip first, and you can bet I'll be super boiling hot for that to happen.

Ronda_B
07-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Wyoming has been in the mid to high 90's and sometimes in the 100's for the past month. I sweat my butt off even in the A/C. Until the cooler months I resort to just thinking about it and wearing nail polish and night gowns and sleeping with just a sheet. I hate taking a shower before going to work, I seem to sweat even more, go figure.:2c:

CharleneCD
07-21-2007, 03:02 PM

Karren

I say ditto. I lived in the east valley of Phoenix almost all my life. Neither me or my wife could take the heat anymore. Today is a beautiful 75 sunny degree's. Sure it gets a bit hot and has humidity, but it cools off nicely at night.

Sharon
07-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I just dress down in the heat -- shorts, tanks or tees, and sandals and I'm out the door. I also go very much lighter with make-up, sometimes just applying a touch of color on my lips and a bit of tanning moisturizer on the exposed areas of my skin.

Seriously -- it is soooo liberating to just go out there and be real. :happy:

CDTiffany
07-21-2007, 06:13 PM
We are going through some hot and humid times in Southern california lately. I even did a photo shoot in 90 degree weather.
Dressing at home I use A/C. clothing has to be light. Make up, i suggest powdering your face every now and than. Look in the mirror. wherever your face is shiny, apply powder.
The wig really adds heat. the hot weather really makes a CD Girls life tough. but Oh Well. a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!!!

XOXO Tiffany

BarbaraTalbot
07-22-2007, 04:38 AM
i just wait(i know its hard) till it gets dark and cools off. i know yalls temps fall off pretty quick out there too you can get an earlyer start.

with all the blacktop the desert doesnt cool as much as it used to at night. By cooler,we mean in the LOW 100's in Arizona.

it as 103 the other night at 2am.

Tonight it is only 77 but that is because a little monsoon drizzle cooled it down. Humidity 81% not a dry heat as they say.

Seriously though, it isnt ust dressing, i is TOO hot to do anything, my yard is dying and I cant be bothered to go water it. SO I dont think its just the dressing.

I mentioned this thread to Dee today, and she sai, you see? not too easy to feel pretty in the heat. No make-up, all cottons, loose fit, etc. If you are thinkong a skirt, think Lawrence of Arabia.

joannaoshea
07-22-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm totally the same about hot summers here in the UK.

There are times when it get so humid I don't want to dress.

However, I brought a really good AC unit and that helps.

It also helps that we've had the wettest July on record!

Heat is one thing, but humidity is another...just be lucky you don't live in Florida...

Also, think about how the ladyboys of Thailand do it. They live in almost permenent heat and high humidity.

xxx

Joanna