PDA

View Full Version : pushing the boundary a little more

Bobbie cd
07-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi everybody,

I took the afternoon off from work today as I had an electrolysis appointment. I have been going to the appointments dressed enfemme since the second one.

I also spent some time shopping at my favorite thrift store, stopped by an open air kiosk ATM, went by the grocery store to get a soda, and stopped by the gas station to put some gas in the truck. Now all of this has begun to feel somewhat familiar by this point. :D

But, I felt so good (and so natural) about how I was dressed, I wanted to push beyond my current comfort level just a little bit. So, there happened to be a Payless Shoe store nearby. They are having a sale, what could be better? So, I "girded up my loins" and walked into the store as if it was no big deal. Guess what, it wasn't.
Now I have no doubt that the manager (male) and the sales associate (female) both "clocked" me as soon as I walked in, but they didn't miss a beat or bat an eye.
I guess it really is true, all they were interested in was my money. :D:D

Now I'll have to find another boundary to push!

angelfire
07-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Congrats, way to go!

teresa jeen
07-20-2007, 11:12 PM
i went to my local DG to pick up a few things,and see whats on sale!!! it must be genetic huh?? well i didnt see anything in size 14 or smaller!! so i went to get nails and some new polish, the salesgirl saw me and came over, asked if i needed help i told her i wasnt sure which nails to get "my wife" she helped me select my nails ,we went to the checkout and when she rang up all my other items,power steering fluid, etc... she got to the nails and joking said these arent for you are they? i said yes and she gave me her ph. num. and told me she had been in a relationship with a cd man before and was cool with it.damn i love shopping!!!

Charleen
07-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Went shopping full Lily last week. Wallyworld for cosmetics among other things. Like you, it felt like the most natural thing to do.
I love Payless! Never been there dressed, just in drab, and nary a thing said or even a side ways glance! Very polite and ask if I am finding things with me looking in the womans size 11 section.

sandra-leigh
07-21-2007, 05:18 PM
I love Payless! Never been there dressed, just in drab, and nary a thing said or even a side ways glance! Very polite and ask if I am finding things with me looking in the womans size 11 section.

Last night in Payless, one of the other customers commented that the heels I was trying on in drab were "fabulous", that she has a pair and loves them. Unfortunately the heels were too far off center for me; I would have fallen over regularily in them.

I and the SA that was helping me ended up comparing the kind of shoes we liked. She was asking me, "Don't you feel self-conscious in heels?"; she said she is 5' 11" and that it feels strange to her to look her 6' 4" boyfriend in the eye, feels that she towers over everyone else (So all of you taller girls out there: yup, the taller GGs have the same concern!)

(I didn't manage to find any higher heels that I liked last night. There was one higher-heeled leather sandal tat was nice, but I thought it likely it would only take a few wearings for the leather to stretch enough that my foot would slip right through. Ended up replacing my existing wearing-down flats with the same style, and buying some low brown pumps, not really the colour that I wanted, but they fit.)

As I was leaving, the SA said, "You be sure to come back!" Seems to me it would be impolite for me to refuse an invitation like that :heehee:

Lovely Rita
07-21-2007, 05:23 PM
You Rock!!! Bobbie