PDA

View Full Version : Is This Yours?

TxKimberly
07-21-2007, 05:29 AM
So I am going through the security at the Peoria airport at 5AM trying to get back home when they pull my laptop out of the X-ray and tell me they need to go through it.
"No worries - help yourself," I say quite smug, knowing I am a pro at this and don't have anything in there I shouldn't. Only problem is, I was wrong and I DID have something I shouldn't. So in front of every one in line he holds up my bottle of clear nail polish. Can't remember tossing it in my laptop but I must have, because there it was! He is holding it up between his thumb and pointing finger at about head height, with one eyebrow raised as a question. He pauses saying nothing as he holds the bottle and his eyebrow up for a moment.
"You want to take this back out?" he asks still holding it up for everyone behind me to see.
"Nah, chuck it," I replied.
"You can take it to your car if you like?" he said acting like the cat that got the canary.
"That's all right, go ahead and throw it away," I said smiling at him, all the while really wanting to throttle him because I LIKED that polish.
Hmmm, your gonna have to work harder than that to rattle THIS drag queen!

Brianna Lovely
07-21-2007, 05:49 AM
I think that I would have put on my "sweet voice" and said,
"That's ok, Honey, I'll buy another one", and given him a wink and a smile.

I'm such a bad girl, giggle.

DawnL
07-21-2007, 06:41 AM
I have to agree with Brtianna. Loud enough to be heard "it's just nail polish, I can buy another." Lots of men wear clear nail polish. I have worn it for years........well, maybe that doesn't count, but lots of men do for nail strengthening.

Karren H
07-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Peoria must be on the lookout for crossdressing terrorists again!! Lol. That's too funny!! I always have polish, creams, perfume and makeup in my laptop bag... Guess I better clean it up before the next trip!!

Wonder if your TSA buddy pocketed the polish for himself, Kim? Hehe

Karren

Billie1
07-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Yep, I sure feel safer knowing that the employees of the TSA (Thousands Standing Around) are on the job! After all, we can't have potential terrorists threatening flight crews with manicures! :D

Paula T
07-21-2007, 08:46 AM
nitroglyerin hope he handled it carefully:D

Sam-antha
07-21-2007, 01:31 PM
he wanted it for himself and was scared to buy one in the airport shop....
~Samm

CDTiffany
07-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Nothing seems to rattle Kimberly.
Oh Kimberly "one of my Heros"!!!!!!!!

XOXO Tiffany

Shelly Preston
07-21-2007, 06:52 PM
you could have told him to keep it as it was more his colour :D

SandyR
07-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Went through my laptop bag just now. Lipstick, red nail polish, clippers and a file (just in-case I need to break outa jail). I travel by car, so never crosses my mind to clean things out, but I will now! Business trip to Alanta next month!

Thanks for sharing.....

Hugs.

SandyR

jenniferj
07-21-2007, 08:02 PM
If you are in a confrontational mood, you can have fun with them, but remember that they can pull you out of line and make you miss your flight.

Clear nailpolish is quite innocent - I use it all the time as a light duty loctite - that is, a goo to keep small screws from loosening when you want them to stay put. There is some in my tool box right now. In fact bright red also works for the same purpose, and you can claim (as I have) that the color makes it easy to see if you have remembered to secure the hardware.

I have also bought bright red polish to touch up a bicycle and some stone chips on a car. It's great because it comes in so many shades that you can generally get a good match.

jj

valery
07-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I think that I would have put on my "sweet voice" and said,
"That's ok, Honey, I'll buy another one", and given him a wink and a smile.

perfect, cool

I had a sitiuation in a drugstore buying my make up.

The girl at the cash desk thought that I needed some help, seeing me lost in the make-up area. I think she thought I was looking for a gift for my girlfriend. So, she came over to me leaving her place to help me - cute - which wasn't really a problem for me, but for the big line up at the cash desk that became longer and longer located close to the make up stand - quitting time, the shop was packed with fast-paced people trying to get home. So everybody was watching and realising, that I'm not just looking for a single lip-stick and the atmosphere became very strange. I was turning into pink, but as I sworn myself, after a lot of disasters, never to leave a store again without buying the things I really want to buy, I handled the sitiutaion by telling her that I have plenty of time and she better attend to the line first and then later help me, what she did. She easily realised then what it was all about an I didn't make a big secret out of it by aswering her question: No, it's not for my girlfriend, the patient stands in front of you. She gave me a nice smile and really helped me finding the right things.

the store is my favorite one now, all the girls working there seems to know now and accept me with tender and loving care.

sometimes life can be beautifull

you could have told him to keep it as it was more his colour :D
Dear Shelly_P

fantastic, brilliant idea :-)

Mitzi
07-21-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't remember exactly why, but I used to carry my "personal" (underdressing, makeup, heels,etc) femme stuff bag with me on trips. Maybe I worried someone might open it.

So, one trip I was pulled aside for further inspection. The TSA person zipped open the bag, dug around and then pulled out my Fredericks of Hollywood, lace up the back corset. He held it up for anyone to see, he might have asked if it was mine, but otherwise didn't say anything. He eventually put it back in the bag, and let me go on.

Needless to say, I've checked my femme stuff after that.

Mitzi

serinalynn
07-21-2007, 10:15 PM
So many airport delays are because people traveling by AIR insist upon bringing carry on Items on the flight instead of checking these bags. Most people have no clue as to how much personell stuff to bring, just don't take anything liquid and buy small amounts when you get to where you are going. Buy bigger bags and check most of that crap. I can understand that you would not want to check a lap top computer, However clothing, make up and things you don't need on the aircraft during a flight should be checked. With all the air travel horror stories on the news lately, I believe I'll drive next time I go to Minnesota to see my relatives. :2c:

krisla
07-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi Kimeberly,

I had also had checked my bags wiht my en-femm stuff and was then selected for a random search, they took all of my stuff including my laptop back packi to an inspection station. That's when I remembered I had two books in there "The Successful Crossdresser" and "My Husband Betty Wears my Clothes". The TSA agent toook out the books flipped through them for any thing in between the pages and put them cover down on the table. I don't know if he ever noticed the titles or was just being polite. At the time it was happening I realized there was nothing I could do and also what the hell, worse things could happen.

Krisla

Miss Petra
07-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I also keep 5 distinct bright colors of nail polish on our service van for marking TV & Electronic Remotes. A little dab of neon pink polish on the play button on the DVD remote does wonders for people who have bad vision. Seal it with clear polish and it lasts a long time. I have had strange looks when I break out my mini salon of colors. Also traveling to mexico doing jobs I have had interesting conversations with mexican immigration officials regarding my unusual test equipment & nail polish to calibrate a home theater when Im only going there for a vacation.

Sedona
07-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Good story Kim,

I use clear polish to seal up dings in my bicycle's paint job. Does wonder from keeping rust out. I probably would have panicked and told the TSA agent I was a bike mechanic or something.

Cheers,

trannie T
07-22-2007, 10:25 PM
I feel so much safer now. I see nothing embarrasing about having clear nail polish, pink or red would be a different matter.