PDA

View Full Version : Interesting conversation with daughter

KandisTX
07-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Last night as we were sending the kids off to bed, our daughter had that "something's on my mind" look on her face. So I asked her if she wanted to talk. She of course said "But, I have to go to bed", to which I replied "If you want to talk about something we can bypass that for a little while".

Well, we went to talk in private and during the conversation I found out a few things from her.

1. She wants to spend more time with me (which is FANTASTIC), but knows my schedule for work really is not helpful in that aspect.

2. She wants matching nightgowns. (I still love this one)

3. When I asked her to tell me honestly what she thought of my cding, she said "it's what you do and it does not change who you are, it probably helps you relate to me better".

Now, this may not seem like much to some of you, but this is our 11 year old who has known about Kandis for roughly 1 - 2 years now. She loves snapping my bra, and then trying to avoid me getting her back. (We have a great relationship and I am so proud of her as she is growing up to be a wonderful, loving, accepting person). Many are the times when people will come up to me or GlitterGG and say "Thank you for the wonderful job you are doing raising her". (Okay, so now I'm bragging on her.. but hey she's worth it). ~giggles~

Kandis:love:

Kate Simmons
07-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Wow, awesome Kandis. You have every right to be proud of your daughter. She seems like an exceptional young woman.:thumbsup::happy:

teresa jeen
07-21-2007, 11:59 AM
my granddaughter likes to wear my nighties and wants some smoothies(nylon panties) like paw paws.! she doesnt fully understand yet but shes only 7 in a few yrs well have this talk. keep up the good work!!!

KandisTX
07-21-2007, 12:04 PM
We had the talk about 2 years ago when she was 9 years old. She had figured it out on her own and my wife and I do our best to answer any questions she has as honestly as possible. When we had the talk, we knew that it was possible for her to reject the idea, but it was a risk we had to take when she brought it up. Fortunately it turned out well for us all. She is one of my biggest supporters.

I remember shortly after telling her we were going camping at a new renaissance faire location and there were "newbies" around who did not know me, and I made some silly remark about my bra and she piped up with "Uncle K, they're newbies". She was trying to protect me from people who did not know from finding out about Kandis.

Kandis:love:

PheonaP
07-21-2007, 12:11 PM
That is one awesome understanding girl you have Kandis. Take good care. :hugs::hugs:

Rachel Morley
07-21-2007, 12:19 PM
What a fantastic post! You have a truly remarkable relationship (indeed family) there. Your daughter sounds like a very smart, and very mature girl. Your comment about how she said of your cding "....it probably helps you relate to me better" is probably one of the most heart warming things I have ever read. Awesome!

Wickanne GG
07-21-2007, 12:44 PM
When we trust them, children have a remarkable capacity for understanding. I am very happy you have this relationship with your daughter.

:love:
Wickanne

angelfire
07-21-2007, 01:48 PM
You're very lucky to have such a great daughter who is accepting, and caring. And she is lucky to have a father who can relate well to her, and who loves her so much. :hugs:

Holly
07-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Kandis, what a wonderful family you have. Cherish them.

Ronda_B
07-21-2007, 03:05 PM
My son (18 yrs old) was the first of my children to find out and he was accepting of the fact that his father liked to dress and my daughter (13 yrs old) figured it out her self. All the female cataloges with my name on them, the nail polish in my dresser and kids are just too nosey for their own good, she was in my closet. I'm seperated from my wife because of work and my kids come to live with me from time to time. And to have womens clothes in my closet that weren't my wifes was a good tip off. We had the talk and she was very acepting and now we share nail polish and beauty magazines.

Nigella
07-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Many a time do we under estimate our children.

When we eventually told our daughter, her first words were "I had an idea". It was her that helped persuaded Sandra that maybe it was time for me to "out" myself to the world outside the house.

Our next door neighbours kids are great with having "auntie Nigella" and very rarely do they call me by what was my other name.

Kandis, treasure the time with your daughter, but as she gets older lock up your make up and clothes otherwise they will vanish. :heehee:

Eugenie
07-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Many a time do we under estimate our children.

Indeed Nigella,

My own daughter reacted quite well when I finally told her, but this is not the thing that make me write that post now...

I was visiting a CD friend and his wife mid June this year. They have three lovely children. The children know and accept their father's CD life.

When I arrived, I was in drab, they live in a suburb of Paris where X-dressing in public might be problematic...

Later on in the evening, the eldest daughter who had seen a picture of Eugenie asked when I would become Eugenie... So when I finally settled, I quickly dressed and spent the rest of the evening as "Eugenie" with the children. I have adopted them and they have adopted me.

But most astonishing was the wisdom of that 10 years old girl. Next day I was again "en femme" and she told me <<It is OK if I call you "Paul" when you are dressed as "Eugenie" but it would perhaps embarass you if I called you "Eugenie" in public when you are dresses as "Paul"...>>

I felt that was such a smart observation.

:hugs:
Eugenie

TxKimberly
07-21-2007, 05:40 PM
How awesome is that?! Well done!

nephthyr
07-22-2007, 03:25 AM
All I can say is that you are truly blessed to have a family that understands, accepts and supports you! I hope that one day I will have a family that accepts my many "eccentricities".

Sheri 4242
07-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Awesome, Kandis -- truly awesome!!!

We are a blended family with four adult children. One knows for certain (I dress in front of her -- and she has even borrowed some of my clothing) and has no'oooo problem with it. Another child knows I dress from time-to-time (parties, halloween, etc.) and has no problem with it -- when it was unexpectedly brought up one day they said they had known I dress for Halloween for years. No biggiee -- but we plan on leaving it at that. The next child knows nothing about it -- and knowing this child as we do, it would go over like a lead balloon -- they are one of those people who say they are very open-minded (and say we aren't), but they absolutely are way too uptight. The last child is so uptight that they could turn coal into diamonds (if you get my drift). If you dare even kid her about things like CDing, she goes off like a rocket!!!!!!! We don't think we'll be telling her!!!!!!!

Wendy me
07-22-2007, 05:56 AM
3. When I asked her to tell me honestly what she thought of my cding, she said "it's what you do and it does not change who you are, it probably helps you relate to me better".

wow just wow ......for 11 years old ..... wow......

Mitch23
07-22-2007, 07:22 AM
really encouraging to read these posts - this is how it should be but I guess it's down to us if we want to make it happen. These posts sound like good healthy family relationships regardless of the CD element. If you've got that then anything's possible

Mitch

mitch

Samantha Thomson
07-22-2007, 10:51 AM
my daughter found out one eveing when she walk into my room and i was all dressed up she ask what is going on and i told her i was a cd and she pretty cool wit it she even know buys me a skirt or bra from time to time

samantha

TG-Taru
07-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Yay! :jumping: :love:

If I'll be coming out to more (than mom) of my family, hope it goes as well with my niece (7 atm). Would of course talk with her parents about it first.

GlitterGG
07-23-2007, 10:29 AM
I really have to say that I am just so proud of our daughter, she really is an amazing kid.

Girly Sara
07-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Kandis,

What a heart-warming story, hun. Really pleased for you and what a smart, fab daughter you have!

All the best!

Sara xxx

Kristen Kelly
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
This is the next generation of adults hopefully we will educate them to have an open mind to all things different and be accepting.

SandyR
07-23-2007, 08:31 PM
What a nice, warming filled of hope post. I only hope mine will re-act much the same, when she finds out, cause I know in my heart someday it will happen. Thanks for posting.

Hugs.

Sandy

valery
07-23-2007, 11:52 PM
moved to tears by this story

most kids are so open-minded, I hope somewhere along the way the grown ups will be as well.

Suzie S.
07-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Kandis, you've obviously done something right in the way you raised your daughter! This is truly wonderful to hear! :happy: