PDA

View Full Version : Can I Say Hello to You if I See You?

Sharon
07-21-2007, 05:26 PM
There have been a few threads in the past where people have mentioned seeing a crossdresser in public and they didn't know whether to approach them or not. Usually, they opted to remain quiet, perhaps in fear of possibly outing themselves, or, maybe, not wanting to embarrass the person.

If someone sees you out and about, how would you like to be approached, if at all? And if you don't, is it because you would be embarrassed or what?

Personally, knowing full well that I don't pass as well as I wish I did, I wouldn't mind someone coming up to me and saying "hello." Who knows -- maybe it'll be the start of a friendship.

Kate Simmons
07-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Absolutely Sharon. No problem here. I always love meeting new friends. I figure if someone did ask me, they are interested and care somewhat anyway.:happy:

TxKimberly
07-21-2007, 05:39 PM
I would be delighted if someone said hello and wanted to talk to me! :-)

sandra-leigh
07-21-2007, 05:48 PM
If someone sees you out and about, how would you like to be approached, if at all? And if you don't, is it because you would be embarrassed or what?

Sure, as long as they are polite. Though context can be a bit of a factor: for example, I probably would not be thrilled to talk about crossdressing in the middle of a busy bus (but might not mind in a sparse bus.)

However, if someone recognizes me in drab from having previously seen me crossdressed to some extent, then it becomes more difficult; in particular, if I'm not alone, then whomever I am with might not know and things could get awkward.

Lawren
07-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't mind at all if someone greeted me. It would give me the chance to show them that I am just an Average Joe who happens to have an expanded wardrobe.

Wendy me
07-21-2007, 06:44 PM
well being the shy type that i am not .... a hello hi would work in a non stocking way would work.....

Marla S
07-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Theoretically a Hello would be nice.

Practically I am a bit shy and usualy make myself an idiot in this kind of situations ... is that something desirable ? :thinking:

Brianna Lovely
07-21-2007, 08:06 PM
I think that I would welcome a friendly hello, even if you were in drab. It's my feeling, that the more open and honest I am with people, the less they'll see CDers as a threat.

Stephenie S
07-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Say "Hello", say "Nice day", say "What a pretty skirt", but don't say, "Oh, I noticed that you are a CDer, so am I".

When I am out and about, just relate to me as you would anyone else. Be pleasant, and friendly. That's all. I don't bite, but I also don't want to be reminded of how well I don't pass.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Patty
07-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I would like to have a friendly Hi or Hello - would love to talk maybe make a new friend. :heehee:

paulaN
07-21-2007, 08:36 PM
After my heart settled down we would probably get along great.

CaptLex
07-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Can I Say Hello to You if I See You?
You better! You all better say hi to me if you see me. :D

Karren H
07-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes.... If you see me say HI!!

Karren

Holly
07-21-2007, 09:20 PM
As long as I am approached with courtesy and with respect, I'd love to say hi and have a talk. It's happened before and I think all parties walked away all the better for it... I know I did.:happy:

SandyR
07-21-2007, 09:31 PM
If you see me, please say hi! Plus I could use some help picking out shoes......LOL

Hugs.

SandyR

Jenna1561
07-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Again as many have said, as long as it's courteous and friendly - then absolutely!

Jenna

Annette49
07-21-2007, 09:34 PM
About six months ago I was out and a transgendered woman who happened to be in drab asked me if I was TG. We had a long conversation and I was very happy she approached me.

Annette

SatinDoll00
07-21-2007, 11:03 PM
...IF I ever get the nerve to go out.

...IF I ever lose 20lbs.

...IF I ever learn makeup well enough.

IF, IF, IF :)

Seriously...I would LOVE to meet anyone here.

If you see me out, assuming I have gotten brave enough to post a face shot (hopefully coming soon) and you recognize me, then PLEASE come up to me and say hi. But call me ma'am ;)

Morgan

Jacqui
07-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Say "Hello", say "Nice day", say "What a pretty skirt", but don't say, "Oh, I noticed that you are a CDer, so am I".

Lovies,
Stephenie

I think that would be the key. If I ever wandered out, I don't think I would like to be told by anyone, even another CD, that they knew I was a CD, "Good try!" or whatever. My first thought would be, "Oh sh*t! What gave it away?" and then hibernate for the next couple of decades.

Last week, in a diner in NYC, I was having lunch with a male friend. A lone woman was then seated by the waitress at a table to my immediate right. As she slid in between the two tables, all I noticed was her long dress. Didn't think anything else and didn't look over to my right to check her out (wouldn't be polite and I'm already taken).
Only when she ordered in a very low and fairly deep voice that I could not help but overhear, did I realize that she was probably a CD. It definately wasn't Suzanne Pleshette!
I resisted urges to look over because I didn't want her to feel in the least that I made her.
But I couldn't pass up the chance to go to the men's room so that I could get a sneak peak on the way back to the table.
When I did, I still didn't want to make anything obvious. She looked and acted like a woman...but there was something I couldn't pin down, other than the voice, that led me to believe that she was CD or TG/TS. (Probably from spending too much time in this forum!)
Perhaps, if I was alone, I might have tried to start a friendly conversation, and if it came out, then who knows? Maybe I would have also!

Jacqui

Sheri 4242
07-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Sure, as long as they are polite. Though context can be a bit of a factor: for example, I probably would not be thrilled to talk about crossdressing in the middle of a busy bus (but might not mind in a sparse bus.)

However, if someone recognizes me in drab from having previously seen me crossdressed to some extent, then it becomes more difficult; in particular, if I'm not alone, then whomever I am with might not know and things could get awkward.

Tess pretty much summed it up: it depends!!! It depends if we are in a meeting of peers, or alone on an elevator. Call it the "akwardness factor." If you see me and I'm alone, by all means say hello -- I'd love it. I look at it this way: if I saw you with a small group of people (and it was obvious you were part of the group), I probably wouldn't say a word . . . unless I saw an opportunity to speak to you alone. I wouldn't want to "out" a sister, and I would hope no sister would want to "out" me. So, if you run into me and a couple of friends at The Ted or at Yankee Stadium, wait until I go to the bathroom, then say hello out in the breezeway. I'd certainly do the same for you -- and with as much tact as possible. It would be great to meet many of you -- but a certain amount of sense and sensibility must go along with it!!!

Rachel Morley
07-22-2007, 12:02 AM
If I was en femme and someone thought they recognized me and said "Hello, are you Rachel?" I'd think I was famous! :happy: It wouldn't surprise me if this happens to Karren Hutton all the time :D

Seriously though, if someone did read me, and they were in drab, and they came up to me and wanted to talk about cding or tell me that they were a cder etc, like others have said, it might be ok if they weren't too obvious about it regarding others hearing our conversation in public. If they read me and just wanted to be friendly towards me like they would any other person then that would probabaly be fine too. I guess my point is, if they're friendly I'd be ok with it, but don't expect me to be very talkative as I tend to keep myself to myself ... especially around strangers.

Kierci
07-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Please do but do me a favor let me know you are a CD'r also otherwise I may misinterpret your motives, Otherwise say hi Please!!!!!

Joy Carter
07-22-2007, 12:39 AM
There have been a few threads in the past where people have mentioned seeing a crossdresser in public and they didn't know whether to approach them or not. Usually, they opted to remain quiet, perhaps in fear of possibly outing themselves, or, maybe, not wanting to embarrass the person.

Personally, knowing full well that I don't pass as well as I wish I did, I wouldn't mind someone coming up to me and saying "hello." Who knows -- maybe it'll be the start of a friendship.

Sure ! I want you to know that lunch is on you.:D

Barb Valentine
07-22-2007, 01:58 AM
If someone said Hi to me while I was dressed
I think the first thing I'd say is
What the hell are you doing in my closet !

BarbaraTalbot
07-22-2007, 02:38 AM
In the (so far) unlikely event anyone saw me out and dressed, I'd love some moral support. If I was out and dressed I would have already planned to be somewhere that even if someone noticed an impromptu mini CD convention, it wouldn't be anyone I already knew, and my SO would likely be at my side or nearby. Kids over the age of 11 months home.

If I was out in drab, I'd welcome a chance to talk to a CD with or without kids in tow. I would like to, in a sane way make them aware of the fact that some men do enjoy playing dress-up. Just not planning on telling them Daddy is one of them. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a base of knowledge prepared if they start adding up 2+2 sets of sizes of heels around.

Mitch23
07-22-2007, 03:02 AM

Come up and say Hi. It'll be surprising if you see me though ;->

Mitch

Toyah
07-22-2007, 05:57 AM
ha you would never see me :heehee:

Butterfly Bill
07-22-2007, 08:50 AM
If anyone on this forum sees me in Muskogee, or Tulsa, or OKC, or a Rainbow Gathering, Renaissance faire, or Irish music event, or any other place one would run into me, by all means come up to me, ask if I'm Butterfly Bill, and when I say yes tell me who you are, at least by your CD.com moniker if not your real name.

I have had strangers ask me about my dresses many times in the past, and I always answer them without showing offense.

Stephenie S
07-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Yay, BB!!

Sallee
07-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Most definately a "HI, I though I saw your pic on the CD forum" or something to let me know your one of us That would be fun after I got over the intial schock. What we CD's need is an international sign or button. Someting to id us and not just lousy beard cover...Sallee

Kitty Sue
07-22-2007, 01:14 PM

I would hope that any of the girls here would say hi if they see me out flitting about. :happy:

sherri
07-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Not only would it be okay to talk to me, if the subject came up I would welcome a conversation about CDing as long as it was a discreet and positive disucssion.

TG-Taru
07-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Yep, would be nice to be discreetly approached.

by all means come up to me, ask if I'm Butterfly Bill

Wouldn't expect to run into too many like you :) :hugs: -well, could be a tougher call were you in drab :) Mm, come to think of it BB, have you met, seen or heard of any or many that share your style and have full beards?

Alice B
07-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Would love it, but first have to go out.

Kieron Andrew
07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
id be seriously offended if someone messaged me online and said they had seen me out & about but didnt come say hi......im very approachable and love to talk so yes id love it if I was approached by a Tgirl or Tboy

CherylKCCD
07-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Likewise Kieron.
How do we grow as a community if we're afraid to talk amongst ourselves?
Cheryl

Kim_Bitzflick
07-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I agree with jacqui. That would be my first thought.

My first thought would be, "Oh sh*t! What gave it away?"

Also, Dressed en femme you don't know if someone is coming up to you to say hi or beat the **** out of you.:eek:

I'm kind of shy and I will rarly walk up to someone I don't know unless it is a typical situation, like asking for help finding something.

Mariah
07-22-2007, 10:12 PM
all depends on the timing for me, if you see me jumping out of a black truck with amber lights, then most likly not as I am working (big scarry truck drivers and all) but if I'm out and about at a mall sure come and say hi! diff look at you weird untell you tell me something like " I know you from a web forums we both go to!" then I will understand. lol *^_^*
o and call me keris that will sink in too (little thick headed sometimes.)

hopes to you all
keris

trannie T
07-22-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't pass so just come up to me and say, "I noticed you're a fat guy in a dress." It will be very nice to meet you.

RobertaFermina
07-23-2007, 02:59 AM
PLEASE PLEASE SAY HELLO, whenever you see me out there !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-23-2007, 03:05 AM
I much prefer people to approach me. If they stare at a distance it kind irks me.
If I see a CD, I make it a point to smile and wave.

MsJanessa
07-23-2007, 06:54 AM

Yes by all means say hi and smile

Kieron Andrew
07-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Likewise Kieron.
How do we grow as a community if we're afraid to talk amongst ourselves?
Cheryl
Exactly and because my circle of friends are ALL T* I would feel very offended if im at a venue full of T's and someone spotted me and didnt say hi.....

Emily Ann Brown
07-23-2007, 07:47 AM
If it needs to be said here goes......you better say hello to me, and I'm heading for Florida in August for a week so anywhere between here and there you might want to be on the lookout.

Ans SatinDoll....you just better be careful what you wish for cause I KNOW where you live (giggle giggle) and I'm coming your way soon.

Emily Ann

Charleen
07-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Short answer-Sure. Especially if you recognise me from here.

june58
07-23-2007, 08:13 AM
I don't go out enfemme, but if I was out alone and you saw me in the womens department looking through the pretty dresses and wanted to say hi, I wouldn't mind it at all. I may be looking for fashion advice.

SatinDoll00
07-23-2007, 10:04 AM
If it needs to be said here goes......you better say hello to me, and I'm heading for Florida in August for a week so anywhere between here and there you might want to be on the lookout.

Ans SatinDoll....you just better be careful what you wish for cause I KNOW where you live (giggle giggle) and I'm coming your way soon.

Emily Ann

Hehehe...but would you know me if you saw me? ;)

Hopefully soon, you will!

Morgan

juliek
07-23-2007, 11:08 AM
I would be okay with it if I was dressed. I would also be okay being approached if I was shopping en drab. Simple comments like, "that skirt would look cute on you."

I think we can tell an experienced CD shopping en drab because they are more intense looking at the goods than somebody shopping for their spouse (I think). The less experienced look like a little scared to be there.

Julie

JoAnnDallas
07-23-2007, 11:13 AM
I did this last year when I went to HEF. I walked up and said HELLO to a whole bunch of Cder's LOL. Honestly, I did this once at a Orlando Theam Park and the CD was so shaken she quickly left and I never saw her again. IMHO, I would think most of us would not feel great, having someone come up and say "Hello, I notice that your a CD, I'm one too". The first thought I would have is OMG, I have been made. If he noticed then other will too. Then you start wondering what gave you away and your self-esteam goes to pot. So far this has not happen to me, so not sure excatly what I would do. I do know that one day someone will make me and then I'll know what it feels like. LOL

KandisTX
07-23-2007, 11:53 AM
I have done so in the past, I was at Scarborough Faire in 2005 and there was a group of 3 or 4 gurls there. I was in my faire garb and I walked over and began talking to them. They were a bit "standoffish" until I identified myself as being a member of GCTC (at the time), and then we had a wonderful conversation they were quite happy to speak to another "sister" even though I was not dressed.

Kandis:love:

SherriePall
07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Sharon -- Yes, you may if you recognize me from my avatar pic. However, I don't think you'll get a chance to down your way. However, if it's all right with you and I see you when I'm down your way, I'll say hello to you.

Fab Karen
07-23-2007, 04:22 PM

Yeah, context etc. And I can just imagine someone walking up to who they think is a CD, saying something like,"wow, you did a great job, most people would assume you're a woman" and then the woman beats them senseless with her purse like Ruth Buzzi.

PatriciaCD
07-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Hello or hi would be verry welcome.:D

LindaTS
07-24-2007, 10:07 AM
I feel the same way Sharon. I'd be happy if someone came up to me and said hello with a smile. I'd be very happy to talk to whoever it was.

susie evans
07-24-2007, 12:14 PM
if any body see's me just say hi i have had it happen before and met some nice people that way :hugs:

susie

Julie Avery
07-24-2007, 04:16 PM
A friendly hello from someone who knew me, and found me crossdressed, would be like a drink of water in the desert.

Cathy38c
07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
I think I'm the only one in SW Michigan that wears lingerie. I have never been approached or have I ever seen anyone else.

Now today I was in Goodwill looking for a certain top to go with a bra I just purchased yesterday at Fredrick's of HW, when I spotted a man checking the used underwear. I'm not into used underwear, that to me is like using a used tooth brush. Anyway I was thinking if he was or wasn't a CD.

I dress pretty low key. bra, panties, stretch blue jeans, sometimes sandals to show off my toes. and a tee or sweater top. Never tried to go public in a dress. Yet. I'm not afraid to expose the bra or panty.

Cai
07-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I wish someone would approach me and ask if I was TG/TS. It would mean I looked like a guy enough that they didn't think I was a butch lesbian.