PDA

View Full Version : You ARE as passable

TxKimberly
07-21-2007, 06:30 PM
I've noticed a repeating theme in the replies to many of my threads, usually something along the lines of "Gee, I wish I were as passable as you" or "what I would do if I were. . .".
Ladies and Gents, this is something I usually try not emphasize because I DO have an ego just like anyone else, but the pictures you see do not tell the whole story. I've said it before, and now I'll say it again, I am NOT as passable as many of you seem to think, nor am I any prettier than the majority of you that have made this comment.
It's funny, I used to think I looked OK in person but then when I looked at the pics I thought they were awful - clearly a man in a dress. Apparently I've gotten better at makeup, have a kinder camera, or something, and I've flipped things around - now my pictures seem to look better than the reality. The honest to goodness truth is that I do NOT look as good up close and personal as my pictures may lead you to believe. I do not use paint shop or anything like that to touch up my pics, but I DO choose the photos I share pretty carefully. If you saw the pics that I discard, all that talk about "I wish I were as pretty as you" would come to a screeching halt. Most of my close ups go in the trash in a hurry with a shudder up and down my spine while I think "OMG, you looked like THAT and you went out in public??!!"
I'm not entirely sure what my point of my post is. I guess I just don't like the idea that some people are thinking to themselves that they can't go out the door because they aren't pretty enough, aren't passable enough, or because they think they are not as attractive as others. Don't hold yourself to the standards of the pictures you see - they don't tell the whole story.
Despite what my pictures may lead you to believe, I am NOT 100% passable but I choose to go out the door anyway. If you also are not 100% passable, YOU must decide if you want to go out the door bad enough to do it, but make your decision based on "is it worth it to me?" not on "I'm not pretty/passable enough".
Hmmm . . not sure this post made any sense at all - just some jumbled thoughts trying to get past my finger tips.

Lawren
07-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Kimberly,

It makes perfect sense to me.
As an amature photographer I undersatnd how an unretouched pic can look better than real life.

Thanx for sharing this with us.

sherri
07-21-2007, 07:28 PM
I for one appreciate your candor, Kimberly. I think what you describe is something most of us experience. I know I do. 99% of my pics stay buried in the vault. But like you, I do not allow my physical shortcomings, numerous as they are, keep me from going out and having fun. I know I look atrocious sometimes, but then sometimes I get nice compliments too. And I still think you're cute.

Lovely Rita
07-21-2007, 07:56 PM
I've noticed a repeating theme in the replies to many of my threads, usually something along the lines of "Gee, I wish I were as passable as you" or "what I would do if I were. . .".
Ladies and Gents, this is something I usually try not emphasize because I DO have an ego just like anyone else, but the pictures you see do not tell the whole story. I've said it before, and now I'll say it again, I am NOT as passable as many of you seem to think, nor am I any prettier than the majority of you that have made this comment.
It's funny, I used to think I looked OK in person but then when I looked at the pics I thought they were awful - clearly a man in a dress. Apparently I've gotten better at makeup, have a kinder camera, or something, and I've flipped things around - now my pictures seem to look better than the reality. The honest to goodness truth is that I do NOT look as good up close and personal as my pictures may lead you to believe. I do not use paint shop or anything like that to touch up my pics, but I DO choose the photos I share pretty carefully. If you saw the pics that I discard, all that talk about "I wish I were as pretty as you" would come to a screeching halt. Most of my close ups go in the trash in a hurry with a shudder up and down my spine while I think "OMG, you looked like THAT and you went out in public??!!"
I'm not entirely sure what my point of my post is. I guess I just don't like the idea that some people are thinking to themselves that they can't go out the door because they aren't pretty enough, aren't passable enough, or because they think they are not as attractive as others. Don't hold yourself to the standards of the pictures you see - they don't tell the whole story.
Despite what my pictures may lead you to believe, I am NOT 100% passable but I choose to go out the door anyway. If you also are not 100% passable, YOU must decide if you want to go out the door bad enough to do it, but make your decision based on "is it worth it to me?" not on "I'm not pretty/passable enough".
Hmmm . . not sure this post made any sense at all - just some jumbled thoughts trying to get past my finger tips.

I have pictures no one will ever see......yuk:D

Thanks for a very encouraging post. You are great!!!

Brianna Lovely
07-21-2007, 07:58 PM
I was laughing when I read your post. Not laughing at you, but to myself.
I'm probably the least "passable" person I know, but I still go out in public.

I'm happy with the beauty that I've discovered in myself. Although I would love to be a lovely woman, I'll accept being a lovely person, any day.

I don't take many photos, so there aren't many to pick from. But whatever the camera may say, I'm still going out and being myself, and that's the best I can do.

Jodi
07-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Kimberly, I am also not 100% passable, but I also go out and about with no problems. I also only post those pix that I like and that I think show a good image. I don't think any of us are passable up close. Just too many little things to give us away. My goal is to put enough doubt into the observer's mind--is it or isn't it a guy. My goal is to be fashionable and presentable. I believe I meet those goals when out, but totally passable--no way.

Jodi

Billijo49504
07-21-2007, 08:08 PM
JMHO---Granted you are cute, but if you ppl watch like I do, you sure see a lot of different types of women and dressed in many different ways. Everytime I go shopping, I'm watching to see what women were wearing in that situation. I know I'm no glamour girl, but I know I look better than some and worse than a lot of others. So I just go with the flow. If someone laughs, I might laugh too. At age 60, I don't worry too much....BJ

Sallee
07-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Well, I don't know if your passable or not your pic certainly is and that counts. It also counts if you go out and enjoy ourself and present yourself as best you can and you do.
Me, some times I think I pass pretty well and other times I am read by a blind man in the dark or thats how I percieve it. But I generally have a good time and try my best to pass. Do I, you tell me. It certainly is strange, generally your going to look the same most of the time but then some times it works and sometimes it just doesn't.
Like Alice says "It is all in your Head" or was that the mad hatter....Sallee

Mistybtm
07-21-2007, 08:27 PM
In my dreams only :sad:
Mistybtm

paulaN
07-21-2007, 08:32 PM
I think you look great. I too have a lot of photo's that no one will ever see. I too do not pass 100%. does any of us? If I get anything out of your post it would be that, you look great, you are having a blast out and about, and you may incourage others to do the same. you seem to be lovely inside and out. nuff said.

NatalieGirl
07-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Very few of us are completely passable.

The point is not to be passable. The point is to look *good*.

Kristen Marie
07-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I loved your post. I've had a few nice emails...if I looked like you....and no one knows how many photos I have deleted.

Maybe we should have a "post your worst photo" day...

Holly
07-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Ask any GG how many pictures of themselves they actually like. In that respect, we're pretty similar to them. In the 40 plus years my wife and I have known one another, out of the thousands of pictures she has had taken, she likes three! We are always hardest on ourselves. There's not a girl alive, genetic or tg who looks exactly like she would like. What counts is that we do our best, we accept ourselves, and we have our own fun. If we see areas in which we would like to improve, then we do so, but by our own choice.

Karren H
07-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Beats me... I never slow down enough to ask anyone when I'm out enfemme!! lol I doubt if i'm 100% either but strange enough have never yet had anyone ever call me anything except Maam, while enfemme... There was a few times early on where I was definately read... but no one has ever questioned my presentation or made a fuss.... and again I could care less if they did....

Karren

Mistybtm
07-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Beats me... I never slow down enough to ask anyone when I'm out enfemme!! lol I doubt if i'm 100% either but strange enough have never yet had anyone ever call me anything except Maam, while enfemme... There was a few times early on where I was definately read... but no one has ever questioned my presentation or made a fuss.... and again I could care less if they did....

Karren

yes you are very !!!! :D

Sheri 4242
07-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Who was it who said on here the other day that they wouldn't be passible if you saw them from Ohio (and they were in Baton Rouge, La.)??? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Now that was funny!!!

Kim, IMHO you are passable -- and I wish I were at least as passable as the photos I've seen of you, from your photo avatar to some of the photos you have posted when "out and about." The first picture I have shared of me on here is my current photo avatar, and nobody has said a word -- and silence sometimes speaks volumes. ((( *Snif* We all have some degree of ego! *Snif))) Of course, I had just changed into something cooler after my wife and I did our Las Vegas Wedding -- it was a hot day, we had stood for many photos -- some out in the heat -- and my hair was a mess b/c I hadn't combed it after taking the veil off. Nevertheless, nobody said a word. Now, you -- and Karren -- and Sher (and some others -- not deliberately trying to leave anyone out b/c some of you deserve mention -- just having some "brain-dead" time) -- you girls get the comments, you deserve them, and I'm happy for you!!!

It is much like Billy Jo said, though . . .

. . . if you ppl watch like I do, you sure see a lot of different types of women and dressed in many different ways. Everytime I go shopping, I'm watching to see what women were wearing in that situation. I know I'm no glamour girl, but I know I look better than some and worse than a lot of others. So I just go with the flow. If someone laughs, I might laugh too. At age 60, I don't worry too much.

Isn't that at the heart of it??? I think I passed this past Halloween as Alice (Alice in Wonderland) -- sure fooled many who came to our door (parents, too) -- and the year I was Hard Hearted Hanna The Vamp of Savannah -- I thought this one man was going to come unglued -- insisted his wife take a picture of me, him, and my wife -- and as he walked off we heard him say, "now why can't you find boots like that?" :lol2:

Ah, Kim: love your attitude, gf -- and the photos you pick are great!!!

To be as fortunate!!!

Chiana
07-21-2007, 10:51 PM
TxKimberly, the best photographer with the best subject will have a lot of "out-takes". That one photo of you in your avatar may be the best photo ever taken of you but you do look terrific in that photo. But perhaps your greatest strength is your personality. And I am equally envious of your wit and charm as I am of your looks. Way to go girl.

Sheri 4242
07-22-2007, 03:33 AM
TxKimberly, the best photographer with the best subject will have a lot of "out-takes". That one photo of you in your avatar may be the best photo ever taken of you but you do look terrific in that photo. But perhaps your greatest strength is your personality. And I am equally envious of your wit and charm as I am of your looks. Way to go girl.

Professional photographers will shoot hundreds of shots often in the hopes of getting that one photo that is extra special!!! I've known many professional photographers who have done exactly this, for example at the 1990 NCAA Division 1-A National Football Championship (Ga Tech v. Nebraska, I think -- or was it Tech v. Oklahoma) one of the media photographers was a friend, and if memory serves, he shot 16-to-18 rolls of film to get two photos that were extra special and of great interest for publication in the AJC and other southern newspapers. Ten years prior, when UGA played Notre Dame for the 1980 National Championship in the Sugar Bowl, this same photographer shot 20-plus rolls to get 3 that were of interest for publication -- one being extra special as it was an excellent shot of Georgia QB Buck Blue coming out of the pocket, pointing where he needed blocking, before he threw the pass that won the game.

Some of these photographers will always take 3-6 shots of an individual for one "annual-type" portrait.

Perhaps the most important aspect is the inner beauty that shines through!!! Kim: that is your strongest point b/c it is easy to see the radiance shining forth from you!!! It is in your eyes and smile!!!

Kate Simmons
07-22-2007, 04:10 AM
Chihuahua Kim, you've pretty much hit it. I have to say girls, don't think you have to look "pretty" to go out and surely don't base that decision on anyone's pictures. To me, it's all about illusion anyway as my guy self looks nothing like my femme self. Like Kim, I do not re-touch my pics but really only get about one or two good ones out of twenty and those are the ones that make it to my avatar pic.
When we go out en femme, it's the entire presentation that counts, the appearance part of it being very small. The other thing is that I really don't care if anyone thinks I'm a guy anyway but do get pleasantly surprised when others assume I'm a woman. Even so, if people start treating us like everyone else without thinking we are freaks, that is something and is part of my undeclared goal anyway. It would be nice to get to the point where most people would say something like:"Oh yeah, it's Joe, he likes to dress like a woman that's all" and think nothing more about it.
I have had people say something to me like: "you are beautiful, you are a princess" at which point I would turn around to see if someone else came in, thinking:"Do they need glasses or what?" I'm not dissing myself here but just think I'm really not that good but the illusion must be working if someone says that. What I'm really trying to do when I go out is to have fun being myself and that is the reason everyone should do it, to enjoy being themself, not to try and fulfill some impossible appearance standard. I certainly don't let it stop me and have a lot of fun.
The bottom line is enjoying being yourself and don't worry about how "passable" we are. People will get over it if they don't agree, they always do. Above all have fun.:happy:

karen marie
07-22-2007, 04:25 AM
it's the beauty within that counts.if you feel
pretty,you are.it's a lot less stressful if you
can find a place that is cd friendly.we are fort-
unate that we live close to places that are.
hugs,karen.

Vickie64
07-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Kim....in my case I would have to disagree with you on that I could be as passable as you or anyone else on this forum. Sure like everyone else. I to have those photos that make you go yikes when you see them for the first time. But even if I had one of those days where the hair, makeup, and outfit are all perfect, the moment I opened my mouth to speak I would totally expose myself. You see, I have a very deep baritone voice (think Barry White-ish). Great for flirting with the ladies while in drab, but not good when enfemmed.

Wendy me
07-22-2007, 06:08 AM
You ARE as passable ??? .... i say no.. at lest i don't see that .... and the pitcher thing big time yuck .... i hate pics,.... i do .... lol i have the hardest time to do pics... and i stress some parts i love abought pics...the shopping putting together outfits .... getting ready ....but pics .... yuck big time.... then when i am done with them ... i pick the outfit i thought looked best and i go out ... even though i try to blend in .. i am sure i get picked out ...

i think the biggest problem is we all have our flaws even if others don't notice we know they are there.....

Sally24
07-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Kim, have to agree with some that what sometimes makes a great difference is the personality shining thru. You are a great upbeat person and it shows! A friend of mine beleives that much of passing or looking good is confidence. If you have a boat load of confidence and show a happy lively face, alot of the sins of age or wear and tear are covered or overlooked.

I do have to disagree with you though. In person you look slightly different than your photos, but you still look great!

Where do we travel to next?

joannaoshea
07-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Hi, I'm new to this site, so I'm saying hi with this post. HI!!!

We're all the same regarding this issue. We all share only photos we're proud of.

But you know what? Real women are just the same!

Just ask any of your gg girlfriends and they'll tell you that their myspace page or whatever has only their best pics. All girls are self conscious to some extent.

On my new website I've tried to include as many pics as possible, and there are some there that I don't like.

Still, on my hard drive are more pics that I REALLY don't like and you'll never see.

I'm just like any other girl.

xxx

Joanna

Mitch23
07-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Same here Kimberley - about 20 duffs pics for one half decent. Not found the perfect image and I'm still looking. Folks have been very complimentary over the pics I have posted but lots look really gruesome!

As far as going out is concerned, I've got to the point where I pass (or blend) as well as I'm going to and that's good enough for me so I just do it and do it with as much confidence as I can. Interestingly, I find that if I put on that big broad smile (you know the one I mean girls) I look very realistic - when I don't do it, I look less so. It's not natural for me and I don't do it as a guy - after a while it hurts my jaw but GGs smile a lot!

Mitch

TxKimberly
07-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Where do we travel to next?

Michigan next week I think!

TxKimberly
07-22-2007, 08:29 AM
See, there is my point! Right here in this one thread there are so far at least two girls that claim they don't pass. I look at their pictures and think they are every bit as passable as I am so why are they so convinced they can't?

Karren H
07-22-2007, 08:42 AM
See, there is my point! Right here in this one thread there are so far at least two girls that claim they don't pass. I look at their pictures and think they are every bit as passable as I am so why are they so convinced they can't?

Well I for one DON'T post my bad photos!!! :D

Karren

Kitty Sue
07-22-2007, 08:47 AM
What a thoughtful and encouraging post. Thanks. I have only been out a couple of times and it was fun. Cannot say that I was passable. It was only the second time I had used makeup and I was so nervous. Still the time will come again. KS

Funny I always think you Kimberly and Karren Hutton look like as sisters. Don't ask me why but I do. lol.

annas_back
07-22-2007, 08:51 AM
You're post makes plenty of sense to me! Is being passable really that important anyway? if you like yourself your true beauty will show.no matter what kind of clothes you are wearing or what kind of pics you have.

JenniferR771
07-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Our Michigan will be nice this week, about 83--mostly clear--usually a little more humid than Texas, though. And our high tech equip needs your tender loving care and Kim you are just the CD to fix it.

There is a great outlet mall at Birch Run. And Zingerman's deli has great bagels in Ann Arbor--hopefully local people can advise you on the shopping opportunities close to your hotel. I hope you have a good time.

dashi30
07-22-2007, 09:15 AM
You are beautiful girl! Keep on taking those photos. I am a larger gal, but after about 100 pics and 20-30 outfits I finally found one I liked enough for my Avatar. Hey if ya got it Show it to everyone LOL... Just my :2c:

:love:
Kaylee

Kendra Irene
07-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Well I for one DON'T post my bad photos!!! :D

Karren

Karren, those must be the ones that you aren't smiling in.:D

Kendra

cindybarnes
07-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Kim, I totally understand what your saying !
I sometimes feel guilty getting compliments on a pic that may be the best one of a hundred.
The biggest test is being in photos while out with someone else taking the shots.Pictures with friends are pretty hard to get sometimes so I dont delete any of those even when I look like crap. I would say those are the truest views of who we really are,, not posed or edited and sometimes being relaxed and having fun with friends make for some great pics

Cindy
It seems

windycissy
07-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Kimberly,

There is so much wisdom in what you say. You should see my "out takes" sometime....as for passing 100% of the time, that would be like going four for four in the All Star Game, I'm good but I'm not that good! That's why I stick to safe situations, so when I do geat "read" it may be embarrassing but not life-threatening....I hate those moments, but as you say, my love of dressing and presenting as a woman is too strong to let them keep me out of the game.

Sally
07-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Every woman worries about what she looks like. For GGs like me it might not be about being passable but women are judged on the way they look all of the time. And the worst critic is ourselves!

Sharon
07-22-2007, 02:22 PM
I very, very rarely will compliment a person sharing photos by saying they are passable, and when I do say it, I always add the caveat "judging only by the photos." Until I actually meet a person and see them with my own eyes, I have no idea if the photos are truly representative of how they look, and I rarely can even tell if photoshop techniques were used to enhance the photos.

I am very realistic about my appearance, perhaps to a fault. And while that hampered my excursions outdoors in the past, I no longer allow it to affect me..., well, not enough to stop me, anyway. I just go out, do my thing, and attempt to be blissfully unaware of any looks I may attract. :happy:

Stlalice
07-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Sharon and others have touched on this to an extent, but I'll add my thoughts about "passing". Equal to or perhaps even more important than outfits, makeup, hair (wigs), shoes, etc. is your attitude, the confidence with which you carry yourself. Consider that women come in all shapes, sizes, colors, etc. Very seldom will anyone question their gender or appearance. Why? Because they are at peace with themselves and their appearance fits in with the activity and surroundings. Can't really stress this enough - dressing to blend in rather than standing out and a relaxed, confident attitude will get you accepted as a woman more than anything else. A ready smile, appropriate gestures/movements, and common courtesy help too. Equally, even a knockout outfit with a nervous, scared demeanor will get you attention of the wrong sort very quickly. :2c:

Jodie Wexler
07-22-2007, 05:30 PM
I too am not passable in real life. In fact I was quite supprised at how I looked in some of my shots . I do OK from the neck down but at six foot six in heels an an Adam's apple
thats more Apple than Adam. A couple deep lines on my face that sometimes look like the Grand Cayon, I would be pegged in a second. I also have hundreds of bad pictures like others have stated.
Having been an Industurial Photograper I know how hard it is to get a good people shot let alone a self portrait with a timer or remote.

There are four main factors Lighting, Camera, Model position and transforming a 3-D object, a person, into a 2-D flat object, a picture. Direct lighting from a flash is good for average photography, for portraits it is terribble will show just about every flaw there is. This is why all pro photographers bounce their light to soften it.
Finding the right angle that is best for you is also a key. I know from a mess of bad right sidded shots that left is my good side also with the camera rasied a little above my head I can hide some of my man chin. The right lighting, position, makeup shading help with the 3-D to 2-D transition.
I admit that I use a little photoshop for the Adams Apple and the Canyon lines but when I use it, it's to make it look like what I see in the mirror when I look at myself. I also look away from the camera in most of my pictures, out of at least 400 pictures only a very few are full face shots.
Do I pass no, but I take the pictures for myself. If I like them I will post them and hopefull others will like them too. We all need a little encouragement and for some of us who don't go out, this forum is a godsend and a means for expression. For me Crossdressers.com and all of the members, threads and comments, have turned my crossdressing experience into a pleasure. A complete change of opinion that I had just one year ago.
Everone looks great in their pictures to me because the are being themselves
and hopefully doing what the love, crossdressing.
So take those pictures. Do what you must with them to make yourself happy and then share them with us if you want.

PS Thanks to all who sent compliments on my postings. I hope this was not too much of a rant.

CherylKCCD
07-22-2007, 08:05 PM
I thought maybe Webster might be able to lend a hand at what we need to do to be passable, so I looked it up.
Passable: "GOOD ENOUGH" is what comes up as a description.

How many times have I been getting dressed and looked in the mirror and said---- "AH HELL THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH"

Smiles, Cheryl

Michelle_56
07-22-2007, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=TxKimberly;944339]I've noticed a repeating theme in the replies to many of my threads, usually something along the lines of "Gee, I wish I were as passable as you" or "what I would do if I were. . .".

Kim and all:

I read this thread with great interest. Now, all the pix I've posted have been related to times when I then go out in public. But consider this: until I thought I was passable, I would not go out. And it wasn't until I had a pro make-over that I was convinced it was possible. There's nothing like that first time when you are all done up and decked out, and you look in the mirror, and you literally do not recognize yourself! Trust me.

So that pro make-over was last September, it was life-altering. I sat on it for awhile due to holidays, travel, etc, then had another one in March with the express idea of going out afterwards, and that's just what I did. I had one more, did the same, and maybe I'm a fast learner, but once I'd had several "lessons" I could for the most part get a good enough result.

The key ingredient for "passing" is CONFIDENCE. And I find that if you just give people a warm smile, you get one back and they don't give you a once-over afterwards. I check to make sure they're not turning around, I AM human, LOL! But it all works, even get checked out by men, ignored by most women, the way it ought to be. The only thing that makes me nervous is little kids, I swear they have a sixth sense!

My one thing I'm self conscious about is the Adam's Apple. Jodie mentioned that. Notice in all my pix I have a turtleneck, or high neck blouse, or lately I've been wearing a colored scarf. So it IS possible to hide those bony things, and you'd be amazed what that will do for your confidence.

Thoughts?

-Michelle

SandyR
07-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Maybe we should start a forum called "CD's bloopers". I think we all have those dresses, skirts, days, just not on the mark. But I really do believe its within (and good make up) that counts.

Hugs..

SandyR

kimmy p
07-22-2007, 10:10 PM

I still say that if Janet Reno can pass as a woman then so can I.

Kimmy

valery
07-22-2007, 10:30 PM
but the pictures you see do not tell the whole story. I've said it before, and now I'll say it again, I am NOT as passable as many of you seem to think, nor am I any prettier than the majority of you that have made this comment.

I appreciate the basic idea behind your posting (trying to give a truely picture) but a picture never can (will) tell the whole story and that's the only privilege for a picture to exist. That doesn't mean that it is therefore always a lie. In photography one of the golden rules is, that it's more importend what you leave out.

I'm a creative in advertising for nearly 10 years now and you should see the out-takes of professional shootings. There are extra-companies doing nothing else than retouching the pictures following those already profesional shootings.

So when you cast a positive light on yourself by only taking the best picture that you have I can't see something wrong with that. Far from it!
Everybody is doing this in one or the other way every single day. Using make up and perfume, buying and wearing nice or special clothe at the right time in the right place etc.

please don't loose your self-confidence. :hugs:

RachelDenise
07-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Confidence is a funny thing. Most of us don't have it, and only with repeated success does it develop. I give you Sherlyn as an example! Most think she is a woaman but for the old timers here, many remember when she was worried about going out. I have been told by a GG that the camera sees the positive, you see the negative. Plus, it is hard not to see the man in the photo when that is what you have been seeing most of your life! Kimberly, keep working on your look and I hope one day you find that confidence we all think you sjhould have.

MsJanessa
07-23-2007, 06:52 AM
we all have photos that we hope never see the light of day---and as far as "passable" goes that depends on circumstances also-----relativly few of us(if any here) have the build, luck, skill, talent etc to "pass" all the time--even the most fine boned petite girl among us wouldn't pass when she opens her mouth and speaks with a deep bass voice---if passing means people don't point at you and laugh or confront you with"your a guy" then most of us would pass-----but for me it would be far better to be "accepted" for who and what I am rather than "pass" as a GG---I've said it before---the most "passable" T-Girls that I've seen look like someones maiden aunt---overweight, graying, very plain---but looking every inch the GG---just not the glamous sexy one that we would like----for My money I would rather be thought an incredibly sexy, beautiful T-Girl than pass as somebody's Grandmouther---That said I think you look lovely Kim--

joann07
07-23-2007, 07:28 AM
I've been fully crossdressing for almost a year and can definitely tell a progression from my pictures, beginning from Oct 2006, of how much I have changed. At first, I was very conscious of my appearance, but I've learned so much and now I am confident in myself that I can pass. I have gotten so many wonderful comments that it has helped me become the CDer I am today. I've had lots of help, though, from an experienced CDer as well as a good friend and GG and they've been very valuable assets.
I gotten this far, but I'm always looking for ways to improve myself.

JoAnnDallas
07-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm not sure if I am passable, but the last 4-5 times I went out, I broke the ice and interfaced with other people. Even used my fem voice. No one seem to care or notice or what. I got no discuraging remarks, no giggles or laughter or no fingure pointing. At least from those in my present. What anyone said or did after I left their line of sight, I will never know. I was treated like any other GG that was around me, addressed as fem, and treated with respect.
I suppect if your dress correctly, not dressed to attract attention, not making a senie, then most people may give you a quick glance, if nothing registers out of the ordinary, they will not pay any more attention to you, thus you Pass.

joann07
07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure if I am passable, but the last 4-5 times I went out, I broke the ice and interfaced with other people. Even used my fem voice. No one seem to care or notice or what. I got no discuraging remarks, no giggles or laughter or no fingure pointing. At least from those in my present. What anyone said or did after I left their line of sight, I will never know. I was treated like any other GG that was around me, addressed as fem, and treated with respect.
I suppect if your dress correctly, not dressed to attract attention, not making a senie, then most people may give you a quick glance, if nothing registers out of the ordinary, they will not pay any more attention to you, thus you Pass.

I don't have that perfect femme voice yet (work-in-progress), but I've been getting a lot of practice, or experience, interacting with ordinary people and its been great.
Everyone that I've interacted with have been very courteous and friendly. Not once have I been treated with disrespect.
I've also been addressed as a female, or "ma'am", so its been great to hear that. It not only reassures me, but it also helps build my confidence.

Fab Karen
07-23-2007, 04:01 PM
and the year I was Hard Hearted Hanna The Vamp of Savannah -- I thought this one man was going to come unglued -- insisted his wife take a picture of me, him, and my wife -- and as he walked off we heard him say, "now why can't you find boots like that?" :lol2:

I bet he was a closet admirer.

Fab Karen
07-23-2007, 04:13 PM
I still say that if Janet Reno can pass as a woman then so can I.

Kimmy
Some people have doubts that Barbara Bush is a woman. :D

Bev06 GG
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
WE all do Kimberly. Use our best pics I mean. Do you honestly think I'd share the awful ones with everyone. I pick the best camera angle, use the best makeup and make sure that Im having a good hair day. All of these things happen once in a blue moon hence my avatar doesn't change all that often. If you saw me close up and personal you'de probably not recognise me.
Bev

Tammietoo
07-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey there Kimberly,

I appreciate your honesty, and pretty much feel the same way. Although I photograph pretty well, that doesn't mean I'd be all that passable in the real world, as my dressing is a pretty thin veneer. (I trash a ton of pics too)While I try, moving and talking like a GG is something I'm way, way lacking in. Plus my height and close ups would also be pretty telling. Most folks here say that confidence counts for alot when trying to pass--and I'd have to work on that too. That said, we all pick our best pics to share with the world, and there is nothing wrong with that, everyone wants to look their best.

Nylonkaren
07-23-2007, 09:43 PM
No, I can't pass, but I still have a blast.

Glenda58
07-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Kim is pretty I know I have been out with her. But she wasn't always. She had a makeover and a new wig that made it for her. She also has gotten the confidence to go out. Plus she has attitude that she belongs where she at. I also go out with some ladies who know they don't pass but they get treated with respect when they are out. Because they carry them self like ladies and don't try to make a scent by dressing out of place.
So if you want to go out then go out. The only thing you have to fear is the fear itself.

Sheri 4242
07-23-2007, 10:30 PM
She had a makeover and a new wig that made it for her. She also has gotten the confidence to go out. Plus she has attitude that she belongs where she at.

First, it is obvious that Kim has a fantastic attitude, and I am sure that builds her confidence, and that increases her attitude -- and it becomes a positive cycle -- a receipe for success!!!

Second, it is astonishing what a professional makeover can do for you. When my wife and I did our "wedding" out in Las Vegas with me as the bride, I chose the package where I got a highly trained make-up artist to come in and do my makeup and hair. While in the planning stages, I had asked my wife if she wanted the same, but, being very competent at makeup, she declined.

Anyway, as the makeup artist worked on me, my wife would come take a peek and she was in awe at the transformation!!! My wife later told me she wished she had gotten the makeover treatment, too. So, makeovers can really be magical -- and the trick is to learn from each one you get so that you can repeat what's being done!!! They are, as Michele said, "life-altering."

I still say that if Janet Reno can pass as a woman then so can I. Kimmy

:lol2: Kimmy, there's a flaw in your thought here, gf!!! :D Who in their right mind would ever think that Janet Reno can pass??? :tongueout (Sorry -- just had to say it!!! :lol2: )

I bet he was a closet admirer.

(Fab Karen is talking about the man who had his wife take a picture of me, my wife, and himself while they were taking their child out "trick or treating." That year I was "Hard Hearted Hannah, The Vamp of Savannah." -- OK, my wife says to rephrase this . . . I wasn't "the vamp of Savannah" that day, I was dressed in her opinion as a sl#t of Savannah -- at any rate, as the family walked off, we heard the guy asking his wife why she couldn't find boots like that!!)

Karen, my wife and I thought he was more than a closet "admirer" -- we got the impression that he would have given his last dollar to have been wearing those same boots!!! (The were definitely MMFM Boots!!! :lol2: )

Carin's Wife GG
07-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Carin just mentioned today that your lovley hair is remakably similar to our youmgest daughter...and she is mucho pretty!

Louise.