PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready (for what?)

Kate Simmons
07-22-2007, 10:39 AM
When I read a lot of postings and sense the excitement of gals getting all dressed up, having makeovers and what not, I'm wondering sometimes just what the plan is (if there is one). I know when I take the time to get all dolled up, it's because I'm going out to socialize with my friends and dance. I'm just wondering what a lot of other gals are getting ready for. Is it just to feel nice, to go shopping, go out to a get together or something else? In other words, what motivates you to want to look nice? Inquiring minds want to know.;):battingeyelashes:

Jenna Lynne
07-22-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm hoping to develop a set of friends in this area with whom I can hang out -- go shopping, have a nice dinner in a restaurant, whatever. But since I'm still in a sort of limbo at the moment (the glasses have arrived, but I can't buy any clothes until the forms get here), that's a motivation for the future.

For right now, my goal is to be able to relax and be myself -- whatever that happens to mean at any particular moment. I'm coming to feel pretty strongly that cutting off part of myself in order to "fit in" with society is a bad thing. Often it's necessary, but there have to be times and places where it's NOT necessary -- times and places when I can just be me.

***Jenna***

Mitch23
07-22-2007, 11:06 AM
used to be just for the sake of dressing up - now there has to be a purpose and a plan - often shopping, sometimes alone, sometimes with others. Trying different places, meeting different people - mitch exploring her world and gaining in confidence

Mitch

dashi30
07-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Salandra,
I get dolled up right now because it feels good. I will tell you day by day I am getting the courage to go out in public and socialize. Most of my support are GGs and they are helping me letting myself go at my own pace, however, I think those ladies are dying for me to don the heels and go dancing. I just had a nice night with my SO where we watched movies and she took some nice pics of me and I felt so very sexy. I came to the conclusion that when I was ready to go into public, I would just walk out the door. So right now I am happy with where and who I am. It was a really good question and I can't wait to read some of the other girls posts.

:love:
Kaylee

chucks
07-22-2007, 11:16 AM
not really that interested in looking nice/makeup etc. i just like the clothes :)

and how ridiculous/silly it is to walk around in clearly fem clothing while being obviously male.

Kate Simmons
07-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm hoping one day it won't be ridiculous or silly looking Chucks. I think what you do is great. Also, I have to admit I'm a great admirer of Butterfly Bill. There is one person who is comfortable as himself no matter what. One of my goals is to get to that point eventually but I have to admit I still like the "glitter" part of dressing for right now.:happy:

Toyah
07-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I dont see why there has to be an objective I like getting dressed. I dont like going out

Brianna Lovely
07-22-2007, 05:01 PM
I go out semi-fem every day. But, I do get "dolled up" for things like going to the theater, out to dinner with friends or some other "special" occasions.

I figure I'm fem all the time, but I "dress up" once in a while, giggle.

christina marie
07-22-2007, 05:57 PM
just for no other reason than to spend a few stolen moments in the mirror looking at the best part of me!

Kiera20mi
07-22-2007, 06:07 PM
so far i have not been out and about dressed. That is for a later time! haha but i sure will.

Karren H
07-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Hmmmmmm I just like to get pretty..... No reason!! lol

Karren

Darla in Pa.
07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Like everyone else just to be dressed is fun!