PDA

View Full Version : You never know who is watching!

sandra-leigh
07-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Friday evening, I bicycled a few miles down the road for some shoe shopping (Payless). I was considering going in skirt and nylons and wearing forms, but decided against the skirt (I can't remember why now), wore regular men's shorts, forgot the forms (!!), and just wore a mildly feminine (solid-colour) top.

Fast forward to a social event Saturday evening, a garden party for a recreational sporting club that I am a member of. Well, I over-dressed -- I wore a top that even my wife says looks good on me in drab, but it was the most colourful top by far at the party, and turned out to be more than a little out of place compared to the T-shirts most of the guys were wearing. (Oh well. I'd changed at the last moment because my planned less-busy top was too wrinkled.)

Anyhow, I was there, and some more people came in, I was introduced, and a half minute later, one of the women said, "You must live near here; I saw you bicycling last night down K____". Which indeed I had been doing, as the garden party was pretty close to the Payless I'd biked to.

Now I do not recall whether I'd ever met this woman before, but it was a bit startling to be recognized and remembered by someone who'd whizzed past me in a car a day before, remembered by a stranger (or seldom-met acquaintance.)

Good thing I didn't happen to wear my skirt that trip, or she'd really have had something to remember :o

You know, it's strange: I don't have any qualms about going semi-dressed to either of the two nearest large grocery stores, one at either end of my neighbourhood, because even though my neighbours must shop there, I never see anyone I know {*}. But I was recognized in transit several miles away from home...

Oh well, you live like you gotta live :heehee:

{*} I shouldn't really say "never" see anyone I know. There was a day when I was (in drab) shopping with my wife and we met the fellow who custom-made the leather bra for me and resized a couple of leather skirts for me. I had no idea he lived anywhere near us -- and I still have no idea how I managed to describe to my wife who he was without my mentioning the custom bra!

linnea
07-22-2007, 12:29 PM
You're right that a person never knows for sure who may be watching. I am very cautious in my hometown area--I actually don't go out en femme here at all. But in places faraway from home I am definitely more daring.
However, once in a while, at home I think that maybe I could risk going for a little shopping in a nice dress or a skirt and a top. Instead, on a few occasions, I have just put on panties, stockings, some women's jeans, and a sweat shirt instead of going all out. Invariably, when I go out on those occasions, I run into friends or acquaintances who stop and talk. Clearly if I had dressed up fully, I would be "over-exposed."

Sam-antha
07-22-2007, 01:25 PM
If you had worn a skirt and a wig, that car driver would never have seen the "you" she thought she saw on that bike.
~Samm

Kate Simmons
07-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Yep and some folks have a memory like an elephant. That's why we always have to be good ambassadors in drag or drab, I guess. My only question is who watches these "hawks"? Who watches the "watchers"?:heehee:

Toyah
07-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I am thinking if you do not want to be seen and recognised why do it ?? I think you really want to get busted!

sandra-leigh
07-22-2007, 08:02 PM
If you had worn a skirt and a wig, that car driver would never have seen the "you" she thought she saw on that bike.

LOL. Maybe -- but unless she recognized me by my hair (possible, i suppose), she must have seen my face, and somehow my wigs don't manage to disguise my face. I've had a number of people immediately recognize me, even though never having seen me dressed before. Partly the glasses (but my femme glasses don't make any difference in recognition). I don't have a "unibrow". I never have figured out what makes my face relatively distinctive. And despite what my wife says, my nose is not unusually big :)

I am thinking if you do not want to be seen and recognised why do it ?? I think you really want to get busted!

Q: Why did the crossdresser cross the road?
A: Because it was too far to go around.