PDA

View Full Version : ugly manly hands!

annas_back
07-22-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not really passable, but I have been out in public some, and I know one thing that would give me away, is that I have very manly looking hands! Any thoughts or comments from you Ladies?:sad:

angelfire
07-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Perhaps try the art of misdirection. Or maybe (during the summer it might look wierd) but during the winter, maybe wear some mittens or gloves to cover it up. I think I have relatively feminine hands, as they are naturally soft and smooth. I'd just need a manicure to make them look presentable I think.

Of course, the rest of me is far from passable.

Jenna Lynne
07-22-2007, 03:14 PM
There's only so much we can do with our hands, but here are a couple of ideas.

First, don't wear garish nail polish or long nails. That will draw attention to your hands. Go for subtle colors of polish -- something close to your skin tone. No big glittery rings, for the same reason.

Second, keep your fingers together and your thumbs tucked in. This will make your hands appear smaller. Turning your hand sideways, so that it's viewed edge-on, is a good trick too.

When sitting, put your hands in your lap, and avoid gesturing with them.

Of course you should shave all of the hair!

The veins on the hands stick out less when the hands are elevated above the heart. So if they're not in your lap, keeping them at shoulder height is better than putting them on a table or something.

Don't make a fist. Study how women hold their hands. (Hands on hips with the fingers pointing backward, for instance.)

Wear long, loose sleeves so that the hand is partially covered when at rest.

Hope this helps!

***Jenna***

Rachel Morley
07-22-2007, 03:19 PM
There's only so much we can do with our hands, but here are a couple of ideas.

First, don't wear garish nail polish or long nails. That will draw attention to your hands. Go for subtle colors of polish -- something close to your skin tone. No big glittery rings, for the same reason.

Second, keep your fingers together and your thumbs tucked in. This will make your hands appear smaller. Turning your hand sideways, so that it's viewed edge-on, is a good trick too.

When sitting, put your hands in your lap, and avoid gesturing with them.

Of course you should shave all of the hair!

The veins on the hands stick out less when the hands are elevated above the heart. So if they're not in your lap, keeping them at shoulder height is better than putting them on a table or something.

Don't make a fist. Study how women hold their hands. (Hands on hips with the fingers pointing backward, for instance.)

Wear long, loose sleeves so that the hand is partially covered when at rest.

Hope this helps!

***Jenna***

:yt: Jenna's pretty much got it covered, as everything I was going to say she already said so eloquently :D

AllieSF
07-22-2007, 06:08 PM
I just have to add that your post brings to mind Seinfeld's girlfriend who had the "man hands". The above advice is very good. All I can add is try to take the "I don't give a damn, Scarlette" attitude once you get the other techniques down pat. You don't want to be continually worrying about what others think about your hands. It will begin to spoil your time out. Good luck.

Karren H
07-22-2007, 06:23 PM
My hands are not feminine... but with long red nails, lots of rings, bracelets, a fem watch, bleaching and thinning the hair on my arms and hands, and keeping my finers together and the index and pinkey tucked in and under a bit... they look ok.....

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50363&stc=1&d=1184241806

Karren