PDA

View Full Version : First Time Out

Lynn6643
07-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Yesterday I went to have my nails done. I decided to wear my new jeans and top from Lane Bryant I also had my forms and heels on, but no makeup on. after I was done i said what the hell and went shopping first at the avenue and then to LB at the mall. I saw a lot of people look but no one said a thing. All of the SA in the stores were very helpful and I had a great afternoon.

Kierci
07-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Have a nerve racking drink on me:drink:, for a job well done!!! It will only get easier from here!! :love::hugs:

paulaN
07-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow just think how much fun it would be if you were all made up. And perhaps blended in better. sounds like you had a blast but I don't think I could do that. I have to at least try to pass.

BarbaraTalbot
07-22-2007, 11:45 PM
By having the courage to go without makeup, your armor is so thick now if you go out with full warpaint on. (OK mixing my Indian and knight metaphors together..but it seemed apt as I typed it)

Karren H
07-23-2007, 06:56 AM
They were looking at you because you were wearing jeans most likely... If you had worn a pretty dress or a skirt that probaly wouldn't have happened... hehe

:D

Love Karren

Kristen Marie
07-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Wow, my first time out was under the cover of darkness and inside my car virtually all night. I'm amazed at how you could do that for your first time out. Well done.

RobertaFermina
07-23-2007, 08:56 AM
You Grow Girl !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

shannonsilk
07-23-2007, 09:35 AM
that's great. it is amazing how little people seem to care. i sometimes only wear enough makeup to hide the beard shadow, but you went without any. fabulous.

kassandra richard
07-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Well done! :thumbsup:

Don't think I could go out without makeup :o I have some pics of me dressed with wig on and no warpaint. Blech!

Congrats again and here's to many more outings :drink:

Kassandra

Victoria Anne
07-23-2007, 10:22 AM
WOW that is wonderful,I am so happy for you. My first time I had my wife with me for support,don't think I could have done that alone. I applaud you,your courage and as has already been said it only gets easier from here.

joann07
07-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Congrats on going out your first time.
People were looking at you because you're a natural beauty. :doll:
Now, if you put on makeup, imagine how much more beautiful you'll look. :heehee:

shedives1986
07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
I agree with Victoria, I could have never gone out alone my first time. Only been out once since, and again it was with my SO but it was easier.

--Erica

SweetCaroline
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the story. I'll be going out for the very first time very soon. I've been practicing walking, and getting things together. I went to buy some make-up today, and well, I got cold feet and couldn't. I think the problem was that I was in a store in my home town where I semi regularly shop. But still, I started getting nervous about, and about wearing make-up, because I don't usually wear it.

Your story is encouraging. I'll be going out mainly by myself, but it's to meet a TGirl group, and isn't too far the parking lot. But I might want to walk up and down the street a few time, in the day light if possible, by myself, to boost my confidence. Soon you'll have another sister out there, walking with you proudly, arm-in-arm, in the blazing sunlight of liberty! Thank you, now forward march.