PDA

View Full Version : A serious question for those who were made to wear fem items as punishment

heathr1
07-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Did it stop you doing what you were punished for and do you resent the punishment?

TxKimberly
07-23-2007, 09:23 AM
I have to be honest - I've always wondered if any of those stories were true, or if they were someone's fantasy.

JoAnnDallas
07-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Being in the Medial Field, some treatments use the form of making the subject do or use something in order to help the overcome a problem or at least face up to it. As for what is called "Peditcoat Punishment", it does happen, weither the results are what they want works or not can be question. I did happen to see a form of this in Walmart one day. A lady walked by me with three kids in toe. I over heard the lady tell one of the kids, "stop complaining, you wanted to know what it is like to be a girl". I looked at the kid and he was dressed fem. I would not have paid any attention to him, if the mother had not said anything.

heathr1
07-23-2007, 10:02 AM
I ask because I was threatened with it, but it was never used.

vivianann
07-23-2007, 10:03 AM
As a little boy I was very hyper active, and there was many different reasons my mother would would punish me, believe me my mother was very strict, and mean, she even punished me for things I had nothing to do with, when she started making me wear dresses when I was 7 and 8 yrs old I did not like that at that time, however as I got older, I got used to wearing dresses, and I liked wearing dresses, so I would do things to piss my mother off, and it did not take much. I do not resent her for making me wear dresses, however I struggle with other things she did to me as punishment

Lovely Rita
07-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Did it stop you doing what you were punished for and do you resent the punishment?

I never heard of this one in my life.

Was this common practice a long time ago?

I had heard a story from a guy who said Nuns had made him wear a dress as punishment, but I thought that was isolated.

vivianann
07-23-2007, 10:16 AM
It was a form of punishment in the early days of the 1900's, it was a tradition, brought over from Europe, mainly from Germany.

Ashley Lyn
07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Did it stop you doing what you were punished for and do you resent the punishment?Must admit that in a twisted way, I would have welcomed the 'punishment'! I was torn between trying to satisfy my desires by wearing dresses on Halloween, etc., or sneaking into my sisters room when she was out... Did other boys actually do this as well?? Always asked myself the question!!:rolleyes: In reality, I would still enjoy the tho't of being 'forced to cross-dress' or crossdress as 'punishment', even tho' I LOVE to do it..

Krista_CD
07-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Lol, mine was kinda like punishment. I had lost a bet between my friends and the agreement was to dress en-femme for one day. They don't know about my little "secret" that I do it everyday. I figured I might as well go all out. They were shocked how well I did on make-up and a wig and everything, and one of them said I looked hot!!!:heehee:

StephanieH
07-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Sounds like some GREAT punishment to me!!! What do I need to do to get punished? :D

Kimberley
07-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Forced feminization... oh boi/gurl.... Here we go again.

Did it stop me? If it had I guess I wouldnt be here.

I was about 5 at the time and fem items and thoughts were already a deeply ingrained part of me. I guess that is why the current "diagnosis" of being TG holds.

Did I resent it? Yes and no. Of course I loved it, but not being put on display. It left lasting (to this day) mental scars. It also drove me deeply into the closet and really nailed the cycle of guilt, shame and fear.

:straightface:
Kimberley

Michelle 51
07-23-2007, 02:03 PM
I never was but my older sister use to threaten to make me wear a dress if i bothered her and her friends when they were playing.I remember wishing she would but it never happened. justabit

Sheri 4242
07-23-2007, 02:39 PM

What you are asking about is an amateurish form of what is called aversion therapy.

In the practice of psychology/psychiatry, aversion therapy was once thought to be an effective treatment for fetishism, smoking, and substance abuse (though it was done differently for each). With regard to the former, in the 1960's, "behaviorists" would administer an electric shock to the arms or legs of someone with a fetish while the subject was imagining the "object(s) of their desire." A study in 1967 showed, and I quote, "at least some improvement" after two weeks of such therapy. The basis for believing such treatment would work evolved from earlier studies that showed a series of slides to male subjects, alternating between nude women and female boots. Some subjects became aroused by the boot photos only. From there, with other patients it was then left to determine what particular objects caused sexual arousal.

What often happens is that some people tend to believe "embarrassment" is a sufficient "aversion." Sort of like JoAnn described. There is no evidence that it works, though -- and just MHO, I would think it might have the opposite effects. (Personally, I would have loved being taken out dressed as a girl! :D In fact, being "made" to do it would have been a plus!!! :lol2:)

:thumbsup:

Jill
07-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I agree wtih Kimberly, it seems to be a myth more often the fact. I think it's fairly rare and has been conjured up as a form of arrousal.

MarinaTwelve200
07-23-2007, 07:43 PM
While not having it done to me, I have heard of some instances---Oddly enough, I never heard of being dressed full fem. A Judge mentioned in a newspaper article how he and his brother were punished by having to wear one of their sister's dresses. I head of teachers making a boy wear a bow in his hair. I heard of a mother who made her son wear lipstick and an apron while she forced him to clean up a mess he made on a freshly scrubbed floor. And didn't an assistant principal and a teacher recently get into trouble by forcing an unruly student to wear lipstick and fingernail polish?

This is one of those things that makes me seem to see a link to S/M fantasy (humiliation) connected with some causes for CD.---Oddly enough, its fun to fanticize about, but I am sure that if it happened in RL it would be a truly painful humiliation.

Sheri 4242
07-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I agree wtih Kimberly, it seems to be a myth more often the fact. I think it's fairly rare and has been conjured up as a form of arrousal.

"Aversion therapy," as I described a few posts above, is no myth. Its effectiveness is highly questionable. Now, as to stories about a mom forcing a boy to go out dressed as a girl with the mom and siblings to Wal-Mart, well, who knows. I've never seen it done, but certainly wouldn't put past some people. "Embarrassment" would, IMHO, just drive the child into deep guilt -- and into a very deep closet.

EDIT:

AH -- glad you jumped in, Marina!!! I wrote this response, then was called away before I posted it. Came back and posted without checking the latest posts. I've been doing some background research on aversion therapy this afternoon -- don't think it was ever what some hyped it to be. I think you may be onto something about a causal linkage (to some degree with some -- perhaps many) and SM. Not aware of any studies on it, but what you say sounds more than plausible!!!

Ashley911
07-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I would always have dreams when I was little about being forced to wear dresses and get my ears pierced. I must have been no older than seven or eight. My first opportunity to be a girl for halloween was in high school. I loved it.

Kate Simmons
07-23-2007, 10:02 PM
I dunno, sounds like punishing a beaver by giving him a log.:happy:

Nylonkaren
07-23-2007, 10:09 PM
I think it is very rare.

suzy
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
I started a similar thread a while back. I was harshly punished as a child and one of the punishments was being made to wear a dress and sometimes being tied in a chair while wearing a dress. None of it was pleasant and yes I resented it very much. Did it change my behaviors?.....maybe it made me more careful not to get caught.

I can assure you it happens and probably more frequently than many are ready to admit.

I don't think the punishment of making me dress as a girl had much of an effect of who I am today except maybe to introduce the concept of crossdressing to me. There were only a few times that this occurred and I did not start crossdressing until I was in my 40's and happily married for many years.

angelfire
07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
This is one of those things that makes me seem to see a link to S/M fantasy (humiliation) connected with some causes for CD.---Oddly enough, its fun to fanticize about, but I am sure that if it happened in RL it would be a truly painful humiliation.

I agree. There is definitely a difference between fantasizing, and acting on it. Definitely, I'd fantasize about that sort of thing, but would never want to act on it.

Sheri 4242
07-23-2007, 10:37 PM

:lol2: :lol2: Forget it Karren -- don't even try!!! Salandra has got everybody beat this time!!! Salandra THAT was funny!!!!!!! :lol2: :lol2:

Alyssa Lane
07-24-2007, 01:45 AM
nah, i have only been threatened by someone saying they will but they never go through with it

SatinDoll00
07-24-2007, 01:57 AM

You are BAD! ;)

vivianann
07-24-2007, 02:03 AM
I am not into the s/m lifestyle, I do not care for it. As for punishing boys by making them wear dresses it was a tradition handed down from generation to generation by the european imigrants to this country. When I was 16, I found out that my grandma ( mother's mother) punished her sons (my uncles) by forcing them to wear dresses as a punishment, I did not tell my uncles about my mother making me wear dresses.

Ashley Lynn Swift
07-24-2007, 02:38 AM
"stop complaining, you wanted to know what it is like to be a girl".

hmm that's a good one i'm going to have to remember that, as far as the question i never had it happen to me but i knew i would have loved it and proably do anything to piss my parents off if they would have threatened me like that. just so i could get away with dressing en femme, and not have to worry about getting caught, although crossdressing for me has never been fetish, but more of a way of life that i hoping one day i will be able to be taylor full time both outside and physically, and not just sometimes, or part time.

KandisTX
07-24-2007, 04:05 PM
What I would have given to have been "punished" in this manner. Geez.. sure would have been a lot easier than sneaking around.. but then how would I have explained the girls panties ...hmmm

Kandis:love:

Julie York
07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
So let's get this in perspective. You are a five year old boy and your Mother is so sick in the head she publicly humiliates and abuses you to the point where, these days, you'd be taken into care and she'd be in prison.

O.K.

Carry on.

Kate Simmons
07-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Yep, they "punished" me by making me wear boy clothes. Little did they know I was really a tomboy. D'oh!:rolleyes::p

Sharon B.
07-24-2007, 07:37 PM
When I was younger about 7 or 8 I would sneak into my sister's bedroom and take their stockings.
I was always fascinate by their clothes, once my mother had me wear a dress and help with the housework, told me next time she would send me out to play wearing a dress. Never did happen but it only slowed me down somewhat for a few years I didn't dare sneak in their bedroom unless nobody was home. Then if I wore their stockings and/or pantyhose I would just keep them. after a while I would get brave and use their makeup, dresses and shoes to dress in.
I remember one evening they were going downtown for something and I wanted to go, my mother said no that I should go in the house and play dress up. I didn't my father was still home but I may had went in the basement and found something to put on.
Here I am now forty years plus and I still wear feminine attire and use some hygiene products.
There is one thing for sure I still will not let my sister's know for sure that I still enjoy dressing as a woman.

Ashley Lyn
07-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Yep, they "punished" me by making me wear boy clothes. Little did they know I was really a tomboy. D'oh!:rolleyes::p
And here I am married to a 'tomboy', and she lets me/insists that I wear the dresses in the family! DRAT!:rolleyes:
And here I thought I enjoyed it...:heehee: