PDA

View Full Version : more about me and a shopping experience

polly_fleur
03-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Hello everyone. I recently joined this site and wanted to share some of my experiences with you all. I gave a brief introduction to myself already and would like to expand on what I wrote.

One of my hobbies is going shopping for lingerie. I don't dress up when I do this; in fact I never go out dressed up. Crossdressing is a private thing for me. More than just buying things, I like to ask to try things on. It's embarrassing, but I enjoy that and I enjoy the reactions of the sales assistants. It turns me on.

This should really be in past tense, as it was almost always in my teens when I did this. I'm 26 now. Last year I did go into a department store and ask to try on a bra, but that was the first time in about 8 years. I stopped asking for a long time because most of the time I had little intention of buying; I just wanted the excitement of asking a female sales assistant if I could try on some lingerie. I felt this was wrong after a while and decided to stop. Now, I'm thinking of starting again since I actually have the money to buy what I try.

My best experience was at the age of 17, in a town a long way from home (always the best for shopping). In a shopping centre, I noticed a small, quiet ladieswear store which seemed to sell lingerie. It took me a few times walking past, but eventually I got the courage to enter. The lingerie section was upstairs. It was heaven up there - racks and racks of lacy garments, and no-one there but myself and a shop assistant. She asked me if I needed any help, and I said I was just looking. After a while I told her I was after a bra, knickers and suspender belt set. She asked me what size my girlfriend was. I said it wasn't for a girl, it was for myself. Oh, she said, what size are you? I told her, and she picked somthing out. For some reason she chose a cream basque with suspenders. It wasn't quite what I wanted but it was still very sexy.

Things got better. She asked me if I wanted to try it on! As I headed towards the changing rooms, another shop assistant came up the stairs and asked if we were OK. The first one told her what was happening, and asked if she thought it would be the right size for me. The second girl also said I should just try it on, over my clothes. I said it would be better if I took my top off, and did they mind? They didn't. My T-shirt came off, the basque went on. The first girl tied it up at the back for me, and I looked in the mirror. This was incredible. I was wearing very sexy lingerie, in front of two nice women! They said it looked good, and fit me well.

I would have like to buy it, but couldn't really afford to. Telling them I was going to find an ATM, I left the shop and didn't come back. I felt bad about this, and stopped this kind of thing soon after.

I'm not really sure if this forum is the right place for posting lengthy experiences like this. If it isn't, someone please let me know. If people enjoy it and would like to hear more, there's a couple more things I'd be happy to write about.

I'd like to finish this post with a question - have many others had experiences like this, getting dressed up by shop assistants? I'd really like to hear about them.

lucille
03-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Polly Fluer

I greatly enjoyed reading your post. You see I'm exactly the same and get accutedly turned on by trying on ladies' items in shops. Like yourself I need to do this in front of a female assistant. Although I have tried on dresses and blouses and corsets with me it's mainly shoes.

I started doing this about 10 years ago and it took a lot of courage to do it the first time. I was lucky because I went into a shoe shop which sold both mens and ladies' shoes and saw a lovely pair of shiny black, high heeled court shoes. I liked them very much and I asked the young (30s) sales assistant if she had them in an 8 or 9. She smiled nicely and went and looked She returned shortly afterwards with the shoes in both sizes. I was then a little dumbstruck, what do I do, I can'y really buy one of the pairs without trying them....perhaps I can pretend there for my wife......whilst I was turning this over in my mind and no doubt looking very awkward. The lady said 'I can get you some pop socks if you'd like to try them on' I was very embaressed but very turned on. The lady was looking at me with a sincere and sympathetic smile. So I did it and it was a thoroughly embarrassing but lovely experience!
Of course I bought the shoes and the sales assistant introduced herself as Debbie. She asked my name and I rather boldly gave her my dressed name 'Lucy'. She said 'nice to meet you Lucy, hope we'll see you in here again'
After that I went into that shop many times and Debbie was always kind and helpful to me.
I have shoe shopped in many shops with varying results. Like yourself the process of trying on is more important than the article. Several shop ladies take me into the store room to allow me to try on the shoes.
One or two of them have had a little laugh at me but I dion't mind, it turns me on.

Lucille

Sharon
03-13-2005, 05:22 PM
As someone who has worked many years in retail, I think it's appalling that you waste the time of sales people like this. That you get your jollies over embarrassing yourself like this is one thing, but you're doing it at the expense of young sales people who make a large part of their income on commission.

Grow the f**k up!

lucille
03-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Dear Sharon

I'm very sorry to have annoyed you so much and I do see your point.

However I have very often purchased the shoes or other articles I have tried on.

I now have avery large collection of ladies' shoes (more than 100)

Lucille

malecynthia
03-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I agree with Sharon's comments if they are directed at Polly, but I think maybe Lucille's post got in the way. I have long legs and the only place I have found that sells ladies trousers that don't look like cut-offs is Long Tall Sally. The embarrassment at asking the sales assistants to help me find a pair of side zipped trousers was a real turn on for me. After trying on about 4 or 5 pairs I did hand over my money and buy a pair. They made a sale and got some amusement from my embarrassment, so I don't think I wasted their time. I really must get some more trousers! It may be some time yet before I dare ask for assistance with selecting undies or more feminine items, but I would never do it without being prepared to buy something that fitted and I liked.
Cynthia

polly_fleur
03-13-2005, 06:51 PM
I did mention this in my initial post but it seems I need to explain more clearly...

Like I said, before last year, I hadn't asked to try anything on for 8 years, precisely because I thought it was wrong. I realised I was wasting people's time when I had no intention of buying and I felt bad. That's why I stopped doing so.

Last year when I went into that department store I had the money in my pocket and wanted to buy that bra. If I got to try it on and they get a sale, everyone's happy, right?

I was in my teens when the experience I described happened. It was a long time ago. I know it's wrong and I don't do it anymore. I have grown the f**k up! :)

Sorry to Sharon and anyone else offended by my past behaviour.

lucille
03-14-2005, 01:12 PM
I agree with Sharon's comments if they are directed at Polly, but I think maybe Lucille's post got in the way. I have long legs and the only place I have found that sells ladies trousers that don't look like cut-offs is Long Tall Sally. The embarrassment at asking the sales assistants to help me find a pair of side zipped trousers was a real turn on for me. After trying on about 4 or 5 pairs I did hand over my money and buy a pair. They made a sale and got some amusement from my embarrassment, so I don't think I wasted their time. I really must get some more trousers! It may be some time yet before I dare ask for assistance with selecting undies or more feminine items, but I would never do it without being prepared to buy something that fitted and I liked.
Cynthia

Cynthia

I have often passed Long Tall Sally when I have been shoe shopping in Magnus just across the road.

I have often wondered whether they're TV friendly. Are they ?

Like you I'm fond of trousers but can't find suitable ladies strides that fit.

Lucille

malecynthia
03-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Hi Lucille,
My experience at Long Tall Sally is limited to one visit to the Edinburgh branch, so may not be typical of all branches or of all employees. I took the precaution of phoning them in advance and asking if they would have any objections to a man trying on some of their trousers. Their answer was encouraging, so I took a deep breath and went in early one weekday morning when I guessed the shop might be quiet.
I was dressed in normal menswear and told the two assistants that I had been unable to get close fitting trousers with long enough legs in menswear shops. Most of their trousers come in a 36 inch inside leg size, so the only problem was getting the correct waist size. The girls selected two pairs and showed me into a cubicle. Neither pair were quite what I was after, so I emerged from the cubicle wearing one pair and asked for a different fit, explaining what was wrong with the pair I had on.
After about four pairs, I got back into my men's trousers and took the pair I had decided on to the counter. Neither of the girls expressed undue surprise at my buying ladies trousers and were pleasant and helpful to me. They may have exchanged smiles with each other, but nothing that ridiculed me in any way.
Yes, I was embarrassed, but that is part of the thrill I get from wearing some ladies clothing. The major problem was finding somewhere to park my car!
Cynthia.

lucille
03-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi Cynthia

SorryI had assumed that you had meant Long Tall Sally in London which I thought was the only branch of that shop.

Your experience appears to have been a very positive one. Helpful lady assistants and just that hint of embarrasment which provides the thrill I like from a shopping trip.

I think that if you show that you're a bonafide customer the ladies will respect that and be helpful. In some cases they may be exceptionally charming to encourage you to buy. My own experiences lead me to suspect that lady sales assistants find their TV customers far easier to charm and manipulate than their usual female ones! When I fondly recollect Debbie the sales assistant I referred to in my initial reply to Polly Fleur I realise I was putty in her hands but I loved every minute of it!

Lucille

lucille
03-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Hi Cynthia

SorryI had assumed that you had meant Long Tall Sally in London which I thought was the only branch of that shop.

Your experience appears to have been a very positive one. Helpful lady assistants and just that hint of embarrasment which provides the thrill I like from a shopping trip.

I think that if you show that you're a bonafide customer the ladies will respect that and be helpful. In some cases they may be exceptionally charming to encourage you to buy. My own experiences lead me to suspect that lady sales assistants find their TV customers far easier to charm and manipulate than their usual female ones! When I fondly recollect Debbie the sales assistant I referred to in my initial reply to Polly Fleur I realise I was putty in her hands but I loved every minute of it!

Lucille

jjjjohanne
03-20-2005, 06:21 AM
I guess I have offended Sharon as well. I do try to shop when the stores are empty. If customers come in, I try to send the clerk to them because I feel I am wasteing their time.

Almost every store in which I have ever asked if I could try on clothes has been very willing to allow me.